IGNORED

Old pictures of our Atari 8-bit setups

chad5200

2 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

Sold my most of Atari VCS games in 1983 to get one.  I still have it  Now it's in my family room with a multi-cart plugged it.

Unless you had a few rarities, this looks like a wise investment decision.  It's a really unique system with a special flair.

1 hour ago, slx said:

Unless you had a few rarities, this looks like a wise investment decision.  It's a really unique system with a special flair.

Not really any VCS rarities at the time, plus all the boxes were thrown away because I was an 80's kid brought-up in disposable culture.  I still have the boxes and overlays for all my original Vectrex games, including Star Castle.    Of course, NOW I'm trying to rebuild my CIB VCS collection because I wish I had never sold it.

6 hours ago, siccoyote said:

ZreWxqFh.jpg

Sharing the dining room table and TV till I later got my own bedroom desk and 9" monitor.

Edit:Oops, misread the title, I never had an atari 8-bit as a kid, close enough though, right?

It's a vintage photo, and cool.  Using a television with the ST, close enough. Thanks for posting.  I see a joystick other there on the right, non-Atari.  Classic clutter.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, pseudografx said:

I found it! In the picture, you can see my 800XE (which I still have) and an XC12 on top of a stereo casette player, which provided sound output for my Atari since my B&W TV used SECAM video system (which did not deliver sound on the same frequency as image). I am not sure about exact dating, but it could have been some time around 1992-3.

PGandhisAtari.png

You look like you pulled an all-nighter.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, gilsaluki said:

I would bet that photo was taken with a Kodak Instamatic 126 film format camera (or a clone of it).  Maybe a 110 camera?  Vintage blur and grain.  Love it!

Oooh.  Percom.  That was a treasure then for sure!  Did you have a doubler in it?

43 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

Learnin' my boy Atariwriter.  What a young responsible child.  Now he's a grown man flying jets

DSC01491.JPG

Good stuff. I had Atariwriter as well and used it for many school projects with my Epson dot matrix printer.  How old is your son? We might be about the same age.  I also had an 800XL . Well, it was my older brothers but he basically shared it with me.  I had the Indus disk drive and 1702 Commodore monitor with adapter cabel as well..as it looks like that's your setup there. 

13 hours ago, Max_Chatsworth said:

Good stuff. I had Atariwriter as well and used it for many school projects with my Epson dot matrix printer.  How old is your son? We might be about the same age.  I also had an 800XL . Well, it was my older brothers but he basically shared it with me.  I had the Indus disk drive and 1702 Commodore monitor with adapter cabel as well..as it looks like that's your setup there. 

The set up consisted of an Indus, 1050, 1010, Fortis (epson compatible) 1410 printer, 820 printer, 1027 printer.  Used ICD's PR:Connection.  Still have it all except for the monitor.  It blew up.  My son is now 26.  I got that 800XL from my mom for a birthday present in about '84.  Still have it as well.

3 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

The set up consisted of an Indus, 1050, 1010, Fortis (epson compatible) 1410 printer, 820 printer, 1027 printer.  Used ICD's PR:Connection.  Still have it all except for the monitor.  It blew up.  My son is now 26.  I got that 800XL from my mom for a birthday present in about '84.  Still have it as well.

Oh..I see...you had him working on that Atari well after it's heyday...I thought that picture was of him in the early 80's or so. 

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to label the 1050 disk drive the is in the upper left corner.  The setup is still pretty much the same today.  It consist of a 128K upgraded XEGS w/an IBM Model M clicky keyboard.  Two 1050s, 1010, 820 printer, Fortis 1410 Dot Matrix Printer (on printer stand), 804 Printer, ICD PR: Connection, switchable Quintpus, 1020 printer, Alphacom 41 thermal printer (I likes printers), switchable Practical Solutions Mouse Master (to ease removing and replacing controllers, trackballs, tablets, lightpens, etc. & saves wear/tear on the J/S ports). I am certain I am leaving something out. It all works. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 5:30 PM, Frankie said:

frankie11.thumb.jpg.3db72c10dac18f49c9199c0f03eb7b2b.jpg

December '82

He looks like a young Keanu Reeves! Cool picture!

I'm bummed out I don't have pics of my 800XL set from back in the day. But I'm enjoying the pics in this thread. I picked up a XEGS system a couple years ago and I'm on the verge of setting it up again. Maybe even ordering an Ultimate Cartridge from the Brewing Academy.

• Haha 1

Such great photos. Sadly I don't think I have a single picture of my good old Atari 800 from back in the day. ? I also had an 810, 410, Apeface modem, various controllers, and a big box of disks etc. All long gone into the ether.

I haven't had an Atari computer for nearly 2 decades, but last week I did buy a very nice clean Atari 800 from an Atariage member, and am so happy to have one again. Here is my new little Atari shrine, including a NOS Star Raiders and CX40 joystick (and I LOVE my Atari 810 SDrive Max!):

Atari800-2020.thumb.jpg.f9237c70a857dcaf83243d052bccb623.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 10:50 PM, chad5200 said:

Forgive me if there is already a thread like this... but I figured it would be fun to post old pictures of us back in the day that include our beloved Atari 8-bits. If there is already a thread, please point me in the right direction.

I'll start with one... I estimate this is 1984.

post-25-0-59815400-1556765305_thumb.jpg

Ha!  That's a 45rpm RECORD on top of your Indus. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, TapperP said:

Such great photos. Sadly I don't think I have a single picture of my good old Atari 800 from back in the day. ? I also had an 810, 410, Apeface modem, various controllers, and a big box of disks etc. All long gone into the ether.

I haven't had an Atari computer for nearly 2 decades, but last week I did buy a very nice clean Atari 800 from an Atariage member, and am so happy to have one again. Here is my new little Atari shrine, including a NOS Star Raiders and CX40 joystick (and I LOVE my Atari 810 SDrive Max!):

Sweet! 

That 800... the Boss! ;-)

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 9:21 PM, TapperP said:

That smells like Scramble!

..Al

• Like 3

On 6/18/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jeffrey Worley said:

Ha!  That's a 45rpm RECORD on top of your Indus. 

Did not know that the Indus could play 45rpm records... gonna test it...

Does it also play them backwards so I can bring some old rock / hard rock groups to court ?

• Haha 2