Jump to content
chad5200

Old pictures of our Atari 8-bit setups

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

computer2.jpg

Wow, a Vectrex! Had to wait decades to get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slx said:

Wow, a Vectrex! Had to wait decades to get one. 

Sold my most of Atari VCS games in 1983 to get one.  I still have it  Now it's in my family room with a multi-cart plugged it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

Sold my most of Atari VCS games in 1983 to get one.  I still have it  Now it's in my family room with a multi-cart plugged it.

Unless you had a few rarities, this looks like a wise investment decision.  It's a really unique system with a special flair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Frankie said:

frankie11.thumb.jpg.3db72c10dac18f49c9199c0f03eb7b2b.jpg

December '82

I would bet that photo was taken with a Kodak Instamatic 126 film format camera (or a clone of it).  Maybe a 110 camera?  Vintage blur and grain.  Love it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slx said:

Unless you had a few rarities, this looks like a wise investment decision.  It's a really unique system with a special flair.

Not really any VCS rarities at the time, plus all the boxes were thrown away because I was an 80's kid brought-up in disposable culture.  I still have the boxes and overlays for all my original Vectrex games, including Star Castle.    Of course, NOW I'm trying to rebuild my CIB VCS collection because I wish I had never sold it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ZreWxqFh.jpg

 

Sharing the dining room table and TV till I later got my own bedroom desk and 9" monitor.

 

Edit:Oops, misread the title, I never had an atari 8-bit as a kid, close enough though, right?

Edited by siccoyote
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woow, love the vectrex, always wanted one but prices are silly now..

 

And of course, loving all the old setups..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, siccoyote said:

ZreWxqFh.jpg

 

Sharing the dining room table and TV till I later got my own bedroom desk and 9" monitor.

 

Edit:Oops, misread the title, I never had an atari 8-bit as a kid, close enough though, right?

It's a vintage photo, and cool.  Using a television with the ST, close enough. Thanks for posting.  I see a joystick other there on the right, non-Atari.  Classic clutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 12:01 PM, pseudografx said:

I found it! In the picture, you can see my 800XE (which I still have) and an XC12 on top of a stereo casette player, which provided sound output for my Atari since my B&W TV used SECAM video system (which did not deliver sound on the same frequency as image). I am not sure about exact dating, but it could have been some time around 1992-3.

 

PGandhisAtari.png

You look like you pulled an all-nighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, gilsaluki said:

I would bet that photo was taken with a Kodak Instamatic 126 film format camera (or a clone of it).  Maybe a 110 camera?  Vintage blur and grain.  Love it!

Oooh.  Percom.  That was a treasure then for sure!  Did you have a doubler in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

Learnin' my boy Atariwriter.  What a young responsible child.  Now he's a grown man flying jets

DSC01491.JPG

Good stuff. I had Atariwriter as well and used it for many school projects with my Epson dot matrix printer.  How old is your son? We might be about the same age.  I also had an 800XL . Well, it was my older brothers but he basically shared it with me.  I had the Indus disk drive and 1702 Commodore monitor with adapter cabel as well..as it looks like that's your setup there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Max_Chatsworth said:

Good stuff. I had Atariwriter as well and used it for many school projects with my Epson dot matrix printer.  How old is your son? We might be about the same age.  I also had an 800XL . Well, it was my older brothers but he basically shared it with me.  I had the Indus disk drive and 1702 Commodore monitor with adapter cabel as well..as it looks like that's your setup there. 

The set up consisted of an Indus, 1050, 1010, Fortis (epson compatible) 1410 printer, 820 printer, 1027 printer.  Used ICD's PR:Connection.  Still have it all except for the monitor.  It blew up.  My son is now 26.  I got that 800XL from my mom for a birthday present in about '84.  Still have it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

The set up consisted of an Indus, 1050, 1010, Fortis (epson compatible) 1410 printer, 820 printer, 1027 printer.  Used ICD's PR:Connection.  Still have it all except for the monitor.  It blew up.  My son is now 26.  I got that 800XL from my mom for a birthday present in about '84.  Still have it as well.

Oh..I see...you had him working on that Atari well after it's heyday...I thought that picture was of him in the early 80's or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Son, aged about 7.  Now flying jets.  

AtariKid.jpg

That's the first full-blown XEGS setup I've seen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to label the 1050 disk drive the is in the upper left corner.  The setup is still pretty much the same today.  It consist of a 128K upgraded XEGS w/an IBM Model M clicky keyboard.  Two 1050s, 1010, 820 printer, Fortis 1410 Dot Matrix Printer (on printer stand), 804 Printer, ICD PR: Connection, switchable Quintpus, 1020 printer, Alphacom 41 thermal printer (I likes printers), switchable Practical Solutions Mouse Master (to ease removing and replacing controllers, trackballs, tablets, lightpens, etc. & saves wear/tear on the J/S ports). I am certain I am leaving something out. It all works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 5:30 PM, Frankie said:

frankie11.thumb.jpg.3db72c10dac18f49c9199c0f03eb7b2b.jpg

December '82

 

He looks like a young Keanu Reeves! Cool picture!

I'm bummed out I don't have pics of my 800XL set from back in the day. But I'm enjoying the pics in this thread. I picked up a XEGS system a couple years ago and I'm on the verge of setting it up again. Maybe even ordering an Ultimate Cartridge from the Brewing Academy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such great photos. Sadly I don't think I have a single picture of my good old Atari 800 from back in the day. 😕 I also had an 810, 410, Apeface modem, various controllers, and a big box of disks etc. All long gone into the ether.

 

I haven't had an Atari computer for nearly 2 decades, but last week I did buy a very nice clean Atari 800 from an Atariage member, and am so happy to have one again. Here is my new little Atari shrine, including a NOS Star Raiders and CX40 joystick (and I LOVE my Atari 810 SDrive Max!):

 

Atari800-2020.thumb.jpg.f9237c70a857dcaf83243d052bccb623.jpg

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 10:50 PM, chad5200 said:

Forgive me if there is already a thread like this... but I figured it would be fun to post old pictures of us back in the day that include our beloved Atari 8-bits. If there is already a thread, please point me in the right direction.

 

I'll start with one... I estimate this is 1984.

 

post-25-0-59815400-1556765305_thumb.jpg

Ha!  That's a 45rpm RECORD on top of your Indus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, TapperP said:

Such great photos. Sadly I don't think I have a single picture of my good old Atari 800 from back in the day. 😕 I also had an 810, 410, Apeface modem, various controllers, and a big box of disks etc. All long gone into the ether.

 

I haven't had an Atari computer for nearly 2 decades, but last week I did buy a very nice clean Atari 800 from an Atariage member, and am so happy to have one again. Here is my new little Atari shrine, including a NOS Star Raiders and CX40 joystick (and I LOVE my Atari 810 SDrive Max!):

 

Atari800-2020.thumb.jpg.f9237c70a857dcaf83243d052bccb623.jpg

 

Sweet! 

 

That 800... the Boss! ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 9:21 PM, TapperP said:

Such great photos. Sadly I don't think I have a single picture of my good old Atari 800 from back in the day. 😕 I also had an 810, 410, Apeface modem, various controllers, and a big box of disks etc. All long gone into the ether.

 

I haven't had an Atari computer for nearly 2 decades, but last week I did buy a very nice clean Atari 800 from an Atariage member, and am so happy to have one again. Here is my new little Atari shrine, including a NOS Star Raiders and CX40 joystick (and I LOVE my Atari 810 SDrive Max!):

 

Atari800-2020.thumb.jpg.f9237c70a857dcaf83243d052bccb623.jpg

 

That smells like Scramble!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jeffrey Worley said:

Ha!  That's a 45rpm RECORD on top of your Indus. 

 

Did not know that the Indus could play 45rpm records... gonna test it...

Does it also play them backwards so I can bring some old rock / hard rock groups to court ?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been going through some of my parents old pics.  Found these two from the past.

 

The second one was by original rig before I put up the Alcatraz bbs, and the first one is a pic of my Percom RFD with Mitsubishi Quads and a Supra 10 Meg Hd.  Along With the old Lightning 2400 Baud Modem.

 

img20200712_12424946.jpg

img20200712_12423339.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...