IGNORED

Problem running SAMS TI-Nopoly on console

twoodland

Good day everyone. I need your help! What am I doing wrong?

Goal: To play TI-Nopoly on real iron.

Issue: Loading EA5 "ABOOT" on Classic 99 loads menu option E "TI-Nopoly". Loading the same file from the TI Console does not load option E.

Hypothesis: The AEMS boot script is not finding the SAMS memory.

CFG: TI-99/4A console w/Speech Synth, PEB (FlexCable Interface, TI32K, TIRS232, TIPI-PEB, SAMS 1024K, TIDisk Controller)

Attachments:

Files in Directory:

post-65819-0-07455200-1556799906.jpg

Classic 99 Screen Shot 1:

post-65819-0-43634700-1556799911.jpg

Classic 99 Screen Shot 2:

post-65819-0-61761000-1556799917.jpg

Real Iron Screen Shot 1:

post-65819-0-69491400-1556800045_thumb.jpg

Real Iron Screen Shot 2:

post-65819-0-18651300-1556800056_thumb.jpg

Does DOA use ABOOT, or it's own custom loader?

ABOOT is a good menu program but I do not know if anyone fixed the issue of the address it starts in a XB cart or RXB or SXB as it ignores the Random Number Generator and non standard start of cart.

FW had the same issue why every XB game ran from FW always used the same exact random numbers., you never got random results ever.

Also it did not initialize all of XB variables or clear all of them, thus a very small number of XB programs crahsed, specially in RXB as it used odd address that

was not supposed to be the starting point of XB GPL code.

GROM ADDRESS >633B is the start address supposed to be used in any XB cart. If I remember (I could be wrong) ABOOT and FW and MENU were using >63D3

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1

Success! Thanks to all of you for your help! It ended up being a simple issue that I had overlooked. If you look at my files screenshot. The AEMSSYS script file has the Attibute of "Classic". I converted this file to TIFILES and it loaded on the console. I feel embarrassed, but am very thankful for your input.

• Like 2

It is probably an error in AEMSSYS not pointing to the correct pathname. Give us a look at your AEMSSYS file.

atrax27407 FYI here is the contents of the AEMSSYS file. Last night I noticed that it had the attribute of "Classic" so I converted it to TIFILES format using Ti99Dir and it the console was able to read the file

* AEMS Boot Script
RAM 1024
SW99
MENU DSK1.TIN_A,'TI-Nopoly'
  • Like 4

Success! Thanks to all of you for your help! It ended up being a simple issue that I had overlooked. If you look at my files screenshot. The AEMSSYS script file has the Attibute of "Classic". I converted this file to TIFILES and it loaded on the console. I feel embarrassed, but am very thankful for your input.

Grr, I asked Fred not to do that... it's not a Classic99 file, it's a corrupted file header.

Oh well, glad you found the issue!! :)

• Like 2