IGNORED

What kind of video cable is this [V-Flash]

teh_supar_hackr

I bought this obscure game console for $20 with everything in box, except the video cable. The cable is hard to find online, and the console itself normally goes for $40. I don't want to pay $20 for the cable as I already bought the console for $20. I've attached an image of the port I'm talking about. It's the one on the left, and I thought it was an S-Video, but noticed the slightly different pin layout. It could be a din connector, but am unsure.

I've attached an image of the port I'm talking about. It's the one on the left, and I thought it was an S-Video, but noticed the slightly different pin layout. It could be a din connector, but am unsure.

You did?

I bought this obscure game console for $20 with everything in box, except the video cable. The cable is hard to find online, and the console itself normally goes for $40. I don't want to pay $20 for the cable as I already bought the console for $20. I've attached an image of the port I'm talking about. It's the one on the left, and I thought it was an S-Video, but noticed the slightly different pin layout. It could be a din connector, but am unsure.

It did'int upload, and I don't know how to edit the post, so I'll just add the image here https://games.multimedia.cx/wp-content/uploads/16-v.flash-back.jpg

It looks like a mini din 6 connector with pins 3 and 4 missing. My guess would be composite video with stereo audio and not s-video. Can you find a pinout for it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector

It does look like it, and I can't find a pin out for it, and I can't find a way to disassemble this without breaking the console as I think I have to pry it open from the front. The rubber feet on the bottom leads to nothing, and I don't feel any screws under the sticker on the bottom. The only screws I could see is one for a rubber bit to prevent scratches from the lid, and 4 for the magnet that hold the discs when it spins. Is ther a way I could make a pin out just from having access to the port itself, and not the board inside? Here's some images of an unboxing of the console, if this helps. https://games.multimedia.cx/unboxing-the-vtech-v-flash/

The ground pin will probably be a direct connection to the power connection, so you can probably identify that one pretty easily. The other two, try just hooking them to a stereo. The two audio outputs will give you sound, while the composite one will probably give you noise. But by process of elimination, you should now have video and two audio. The connector seems to be a S-Video connector, though obviously not wired for S-Video.

Edited by ChildOfCv
  • Like 1

The ground pin will probably be a direct connection to the power connection, so you can probably identify that one pretty easily. The other two, try just hooking them to a stereo. The two audio outputs will give you sound, while the composite one will probably give you noise. But by process of elimination, you should now have video and two audio. The connector seems to be a S-Video connector, though obviously not wired for S-Video.

Thanks, I found out that there's supposed to be a led that turns on when I turn the console on, but when using the right power adapter, nothing happens, and it used to make this loud disc sound when I'd turn it on. I'm just going to get another one, found this listing for one that's around $25 or so. Annoying how I have to buy the same console twice thanks to how obscure it is. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtech-V-Flash-Home-Edutainment-System-Console-w-1-Controller-A-V-Power-Cords/323629186186?hash=item4b59cd7c8a:g:T9UAAOSwPg9cKcVa