IGNORED

Parker Brothers Kiosk Atari 2600

PixelatedPastJB

Great find!

I think this was a UK-only promotional device, all units I've seen so far (like four or five) were found in the UK (probably all in England). I think it's the cooler version of the Imagic Previewer. Too bad it's made out of plastic which makes it a bit vulnerable.

can you put any title in the ports above and play them?

Does it work?

Can you show what the menu looks like?

Yeah, I've tried all the games in my collection and each of the ports works without issue. The thing plays/switches on and selects games fine, however the ribbon cable from the back of the unit to the 2600 is missing a pin on one of it's connectors, so one of those doesn't work.

It doesn't have a menu as far as I can see, you choose the game number, then it resets and switches to that one.

We've cleaned it up, and it's looking so much better now.

https://i.imgur.com/zGaJeYI.jpg

• Like 1

Great find!

I think this was a UK-only promotional device, all units I've seen so far (like four or five) were found in the UK (probably all in England). I think it's the cooler version of the Imagic Previewer. Too bad it's made out of plastic which makes it a bit vulnerable.

Thanks for the info! I've only found pictures of 1 or 2 devices, but couldn't narrow down where they were from. I got quite a steal on the price of it, as it was in such bad condition, but it's cleaned up really well. https://i.imgur.com/zGaJeYI.jpg

I'm assuming the actual value of it is relatively high?

• 1 month later...

What an interesting find you've got here. It looks like the kiosk is setup to where a potential customer could select the various games to try before they buy. I would love to see one of these personally in action. If only a neo-geo could have this many cartridge slots, lol. :P

Edited by Tekmon_Xonic

9 hours ago, bow830 said:

If you ever want to sell it I am here. It is all good if you spell Atari wrong too. 

I'm not far off that point I think, I've had a good time cleaning it up/getting it working, but it takes up an awful lot of room. I've had to re-make a controller ribbon cable for it as well, which is now working.

5 hours ago, Tekmon_Xonic said:

What an interesting find you've got here. It looks like the kiosk is setup to where a potential customer could select the various games to try before they buy. I would love to see one of these personally in action. If only a neo-geo could have this many cartridge slots, lol. :P

Yeah it's really great when it's up and running, being able to just switch to another game is great.

1 hour ago, delmero said:

I like the blue socks you're wearing ?

Oh why thank you!

Updated picture below :)

gaHdb0c.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, PixelatedPastJB said:

I'm not far off that point I think, I've had a good time cleaning it up/getting it working, but it takes up an awful lot of room. I've had to re-make a controller ribbon cable for it as well, which is now working.

Yeah it's really great when it's up and running, being able to just switch to another game is great.

Oh why thank you!

Updated picture below :)

gaHdb0c.jpg

Oh how a nice setup, congrats ?

That's purty.

One one hand that would be an awesome set-up for shows.  On the other hand I'd be even more paranoid about people touching that than the Atari 2600 by itself! :)

If you're ever feeling artsy, you should make a picture with the slots all holding Parker Bros. games.

Do you know if it is a PAL version? Even if it was I would still be interested in it. I would add it y ok my collection. At one time I had a Atari kiosk but had to sell. Now I have over 500 Atari new old stock sealed games. Always wanting to add more. Thank you for pictures too it is always cool to see vintage stuff. Are those finding Nemo socks? 

1 hour ago, bow830 said:

Do you know if it is a PAL version? Even if it was I would still be interested in it. I would add it y ok my collection. At one time I had a Atari kiosk but had to sell. Now I have over 500 Atari new old stock sealed games. Always wanting to add more. Thank you for pictures too it is always cool to see vintage stuff. Are those finding Nemo socks? 

Hi, I'm pretty sure it's PAL, the unit itself is made in the UK, and all that's inside is just a Woody 2600. It's a really nice piece, there's some minor damage to the shell, and the back of the perspex (presumably used to lock into place) is snapped out. Other than that looks great and runs great.

They're sonic socks xD

Edited by PixelatedPastJB
Error - socks