IGNORED

Mike Harris' Blog - Latest from ground Zero

RSS Bot

Subtle things about the 2600 Adventure that I had to confront.

My current game engine displays graphics similar to the 2600 in that I only have to draw half the rooms because they are mirrored in real time. An issue comes with the original game because the black castle maze on level 2 and 3 is not mirrored the same but an offset.

So, for that room alone I have to alter my draw routine to incorporate one maze or draw it 100% which increases my rom size.

Being I am still less than half of the 32k max and have yet to optimize I think I will just draw it completely. I have around 6k in test routines I can delete in post so I am still on target.

I am still waiting for input from you guys out there on a real Colecovision such as the color scheme if it bothers your eye's.

I may come up with a test version that you press the keyboard and it will change the background color to what works for you guys.

At present I don't own a raster TV, just a 76" flat screen I code on which does not like my ADAM very much and using an emulator I have no real clue who has the most accurate colors.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/763/entry-15838-latest-from-ground-zero/