IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

37 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Hi @jedimatt42,

With version 1.11 my AUTOCMD script no longer works. I only get the system prompt.

AUTOCMD1 3.13 kB · 1 download

I then made a simpler script and it worked up to the readkey command.

Readkey is not executed - the system prompt appears.

AUTOCMD 384 B · 1 download

Everything worked with V1.10.

I noticed that. Anything that came after setting up XB did not work. However, setting up XB at the end of the script solved the problem.

I have to agree with wolhess & Vorticon

My AUTOCMD stops processing at XBMOD=SXBG

After it fails: I have a  script/batch named "X" (One letter because I am a lazy typist. ?

ECHO PLAY CHRISTMAS MUSIC

CD TIPI.MUSIC.TIXMAS

STARTXMAS

"STARTXMAS" start doesn't run. It is a READKEY menu script with 10 selections. (First line is "BEGIN:")

4 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

I have to agree with wolhess & Vorticon

My AUTOCMD stops processing at XBMOD=SXBG

After it fails: I have a  script/batch named "X" (One letter because I am a lazy typist. ?

ECHO PLAY CHRISTMAS MUSIC

CD TIPI.MUSIC.TIXMAS

STARTXMAS

"STARTXMAS" start doesn't run. It is a READKEY menu script with 10 selections. (First line is "BEGIN:")

Try moving your XB setup commands to the end of the script.

so, I'm more of a defaults kind of user... or the defaults are what I use.. LOL.. so when I switched the script file closing to be only approved commands, any variable assignment fell into the unapproved commands... ( they don't have well known names, since users can set their own for their own purposes. ) 

Anyway, setting variables still closes the script... I'll try to prevent that in a later update. But now it resumes properly. 

Note: because it closes the script, and then to resume has to sequentially read from the beginning of the file to the next line, setting environment variables will be most efficient if they are up front (for now)

Edited by jedimatt42

Happy to see the SYSINFO Command!

Just for information: On my European computer, SYSINFO displays "TMS9918A PAL". In fact, it should display "TMS-9929A" because a TMS-9918A is only for NTSC.

Do you plan to allow the creation of a simple text file on a device? Like COPY CON as on MS-DOS. It would be very practical to quickly and autonomously create AUTOCMD files.

Edited by fabrice montupet

17 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

Happy to see the SYSINFO Command!

Just for information: On my European computer, SYSINFO displays "TMS9918A PAL". In fact, it should display "TMS-9929A" because a TMS-9918A is only for NTSC.

Do you plan to allow the creation of a simple text file on a device? Like COPY CON as on MS-DOS. It would be very practical to quickly and autonomously create AUTOCMD files.

Thanks for the TIP... I knew 9918 was a little wrong if PAL, but wasn't confident I could assert the 9929A. Then there is the NTSC 9928A, ( I think, and I don't believe that is detectable.. or matters, custom one-off mods )

9938 and 9958 can be switched PAL or NTSC, but the chip is detectable directly. 

---

I'd like to get to '>' output redirect, probably not ever going to get to '|' pipe or '<' stdin in redirection.  But I'd prefer to have a tiny embedded editor, and solve that problem in a better than minimal way.

I am surprised by how the COPY command works.
Configuration used for the test: a stock TI-99 / 4A, a TI floppy disk controller, one single floppy drive. The floppy disk inserted in DSK1 contains the BASIC program: TEST
I type:

>CD DSK1
>DIR

FC lists me the contents of the floppy disk:

NAME             TYPE        P     RECLEN     SECTORS
----------------------------------------------------------
TEST             PROGRAM     P     81         16 

Everything is normal so far.
Now, while I don't have a second drive, I type:

> CD DSK2

The command is accepted. This seems to mean that the management of a disk in DSK2 is accepted.

So, I type:

> DIR

The command is well accepted and just sends me a carriage return. But it shouldn't because this drive is missing. We should see displayed: "No disk in Drive" or  better : "No Drive".
Because otherwise, one could be tempted to launch a command of the type:

> COPY DSK1.TEST DSK2

Which of course doesn't work.

Edited by fabrice montupet
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fabrice montupet said:

I was just thinking that the other day. That would be a very handy feature indeed. I second the request, although I suspect it's not a trivial one by any stretch.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 1:30 AM, jedimatt42 said:

Thanks for the TIP... I knew 9918 was a little wrong if PAL, but wasn't confident I could assert the 9929A. Then there is the NTSC 9928A, ( I think, and I don't believe that is detectable.. or matters, custom one-off mods )

9938 and 9958 can be switched PAL or NTSC, but the chip is detectable directly. 

I don't think the 9928A is used in any TI model. It's either 9918A NTSC or 9929A PAL.

F18A NTSC is also misleading. To be consistent it should be F18A VGA.

• Like 2

Sorry to bother people with very basic questions, but I'm starting all over from scratch with the new versions of Force Command and the TIPI versions, I've also decided to make Extended BASIC 2.8 GEM my BASIC of choice due to the built in T80XB routines.  With that in mind, I really need the following two questions answered...

XBMOD= (for the cartridge)

XBADDR=(for the entry point at T80XB)

Thanks!