IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

Implementing redirection is not something I've planned on doing... Old DOSes sometimes had a mode to toggle all output to go to a printer as well as the terminal display... that might be doable in a future... 

The TYPE command shows DV80 files, so you can use the ED command to load the DV80, and then CRTL-W, and edit the destination to be PIO.CR or whatever... PI.PIO  etc...  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

Implementing redirection is not something I've planned on doing... Old DOSes sometimes had a mode to toggle all output to go to a printer as well as the terminal display... that might be doable in a future... 

The TYPE command shows DV80 files, so you can use the ED command to load the DV80, and then CRTL-W, and edit the destination to be PIO.CR or whatever... PI.PIO  etc...  

It would be nice to have something similar to:

DIR > PIO.CR. or

DIR > CATALOG (a DV80 file) and then use the TYPE command with the CRTL-W as you noted.

As you hinted, this might come about down the road.....fingers crossed.

BTW, forcecommand is an incredible tool on the TI99/4A.

Kudos for the great work and the ongoing support that you provide.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - version 2.2b has no changes to the cartridge, except the build date. 100% functionally equivalent to previous cartridge. 

The bundled executables have been updated:

FTP, fix buffer overrun issue when downloading a file.

VIRGIL99 now allows downloading files. The gemini: protocol server must report the file mime-type as application/octet-stream and the binary data must be a TIFILES format file. Download files are saved to the directory pointed to by your DOWNLOADS environment variable or by default the TIPI.DOWNLOADS. directory.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Update - version 2.2b has no changes to the cartridge, except the build date. 100% functionally equivalent to previous cartridge. 

The bundled executables have been updated:

FTP, fix buffer overrun issue when downloading a file.

VIRGIL99 now allows downloading files. The gemini: protocol server must report the file mime-type as application/octet-stream and the binary data must be a TIFILES format file. Download files are saved to the directory pointed to by your DOWNLOADS environment variable or by default the TIPI.DOWNLOADS. directory.

Has VIRGIL99's version number been changed?  My status bar shows it as 1.8.   Also, is there a "Test link" for a small download?  

Thanks jedimatt42!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dgrissom said:

Has VIRGIL99's version number been changed?  My status bar shows it as 1.8.   Also, is there a "Test link" for a small download?  

Thanks jedimatt42!

Oh, too many version numbers to keep track of... I must have forgotten to role the version number... there is a very small test link at gemini://virgil.jedimatt42.com/tests    HELLO will download, XBDEMO will not as it is not a TIFILES file.  HELLO is an example ForceCommand executable.

--

Edit... ok, my next chore is to just switch to date codes for the executables... version numbering each is not going to scale for me :) -- the FC checksum VIRGIL99 output is 9386

Then... build some content. 

• Like 1

Thanks Matt.  Will give it a test.

Versions can be a real pain.  The file dates (when I checked) were current.  Just couldn't confirm functionality as did not find the example!

BTW, I noticed Arcadeshopper's Gemini site has quit working.

DG
I'll look at it

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

Thanks Matt.  Will give it a test.

Versions can be a real pain.  The file dates (when I checked) were current.  Just couldn't confirm functionality as did not find the example!

BTW, I noticed Arcadeshopper's Gemini site has quit working.

DG

Ok, so now the latest version of VIRGIL99 is available from the gemini page, which is the link that his in the hardcoded about: page. 

gemini://virgil.jedimatt42.com/ti994a/virgil/index.gmi

The new version has replaced the v1.8 with a 02-19-2022 string set by the Makefile (gnumake for the win). Also the download link shows the ForceCommand checksum for the file. And with the new file, while downloading, it will update the status line at the bottom with the current block number... so you don't have to rely on the blink-en-lights. 

So... the first download will stare at you blankly while it chugs along... But once you have the latest version up there, it'll entertain with an incrementing number while it downloads files.  :)  

Note: if the download would overwrite a file in your TIPI.DOWNLOADS. directory that already exists, then it will just overwrite it... no safety... like it's 1981. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jedimatt42 said:

Ok, so now the latest version of VIRGIL99 is available from the gemini page, which is the link that his in the hardcoded about: page. 

gemini://virgil.jedimatt42.com/ti994a/virgil/index.gmi

The new version has replaced the v1.8 with a 02-19-2022 string set by the Makefile (gnumake for the win). Also the download link shows the ForceCommand checksum for the file. And with the new file, while downloading, it will update the status line at the bottom with the current block number... so you don't have to rely on the blink-en-lights. 

So... the first download will stare at you blankly while it chugs along... But once you have the latest version up there, it'll entertain with an incrementing number while it downloads files.  :)  

Note: if the download would overwrite a file in your TIPI.DOWNLOADS. directory that already exists, then it will just overwrite it... no safety... like it's 1981. 

OK, now you are just showing off!   ?

Worked completely as expected... OK, next week will it "auto update" itself?   (Please... Don't do it... We have these older machines so we can be challenged.  We don't need any more silly app "Play Store /Winders" types of auto updates!)

BTW, I like the Date Version format!

DG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, twoodland said:

? Does anyone have the XBADDR for RXB 2021 and/or XB GEM 2.9?  What are the steps to determine the start address from the GROM program list?  

I suppose I should write a program to walk the cartridge and list them... Or have it try and search for them for you. 

To do it manually, I walk the GROM header starting at the program list address, that points to a list entry, then over at the list entry the second word will be the program entry address.

It is a bit more complicated if there are multiple menu entries such as with XB GEM... But in those cases, the first word in the list entry is the address of the next list entry, or 0000 when there are no more.

-M@

• Like 3

Hi, I meant to post this here but stupidly posted in the general TI99 forum.

I finally put together my TIPI PEB system together and it is really an amazing project. After playing with it a while, I have found that I want to copy files from physical disks to the TIPI and back. I have mastered using the web interface and windows share to get files on the tipi . Anyway I came across the program ForceCommander and am having trouble understanding how to get it to load and run from the TIPI. Do I need the FinalGrom (I have one on order) to do this? I copied the FC folder over to TIPI and if I type the command CALL TIPI("TIPI.FC.FCMD") the system looks like it tries to load and then it reverts to the boot scree. I am probably being dense, but I really don't where to start. Thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.

I finally put together my TIPI PEB system together and it is really an amazing project. After playing with it a while, I have found that I want to copy files from physical disks to the TIPI and back. I have mastered using the web interface and windows share to get files on the tipi . Anyway I came across the program ForceCommander and am having trouble understanding how to get it to load and run from the TIPI. Do I need the FinalGrom (I have one on order) to do this? I copied the FC folder over to TIPI and if I type the command CALL TIPI("TIPI.FC.FCMD") the system looks like it tries to load and then it reverts to the boot scree. I am probably being dense, but I really don't where to start. Thanks for any help to point me in the right direction.

Force Command

A auto starting command module GROM and ROM pair. The GROM just kicks off the ROM.

Designed to operate with all known TI-99/4A storage devices.

As I posted on the other post yes it needs a cartridge device preferably the FG

2 hours ago, stagemanbob said:

Jedimatt42's link to his "github" site is in the first post.  His wiki covers everything  ?

Home · jedimatt42/fcmd Wiki · GitHub

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Where is TIXB_G and related ROM files alluded to in the force command wiki? I would love to be able to drop into XB or use a call function or… anything. As it stands now FC is almost useless to me because of my inability to use it to its full capability. I’ve been lurking for a long time, watched and rewatched several ti videos read the force command wiki many times and still I am not able to make much use of force command. If only there were a Dummy’s Guide. It doesn’t help that I am rapidly approaching the precipice of ARD (age related dementia). Not there yet but on my way.

30 minutes ago, Fonzie said:

Where is TIXB_G and related ROM files alluded to in the force command wiki? I would love to be able to drop into XB or use a call function or… anything. As it stands now FC is almost useless to me because of my inability to use it to its full capability. I’ve been lurking for a long time, watched and rewatched several ti videos read the force command wiki many times and still I am not able to make much use of force command. If only there were a Dummy’s Guide. It doesn’t help that I am rapidly approaching the precipice of ARD (age related dementia). Not there yet but on my way.

Try this link.  Requires FinalGrom99  (Assume you have it if you are wanting to run Force Command!)

? FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository - TI-99/4A Computers - AtariAge Forums

• Like 2

Cart binaries are on ftp.whtech.com

• Like 2

Successfully went to XB from force command once I understood that TIXB_G didn’t exist but was just a renamed XB bin on the fg sd card. Duh. There were several XB versions on the fg download. I experimented a bit, renamed the bins for ease and speed and loading XB from fg worked. Thanks. Additional features are still a wip.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

So I have had my FinalGROM for a couple weeks and now just got my TiPiPEB and have it set up with s Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. When I try to run Force Command I get a "device not found" error and I can't run FCMENU. I have read through all the documentation and I  think I have the FC directory in the correct spot but I feel like a total Noob on this and I know I'm missing something so gosh darned obvious it's driving me insane. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The initial device not found error is not impactful. I should hide that message.. 

FCMENU <menu-file>

What output do you get when you try to run it? What does your menu data file look like? 

If you run ENV, what does your PATH look like? Does it include the directory that has FCMENU in it?  Are you using a full path name to the menu file? Or is it in the current directory?

I use an AUTOCMD file in TIPI. 

https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/wiki/Scripting#autocmd---running-a-script-on-startup

With something like this in it to set the PATH:

PATH=TIPI.FC.BIN.;TIPI.BIN.

https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/wiki/Variables#path

If I remember correctly, without a PATH set, executables are only looked for in the current directory.