IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

37 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

Possible bug report.

(or simply incompatible software)

running a

Trying to run TI-REX (ea5 files TIREX-A and TIREX-B)

"load TIREX-A" from the command line starts the program with no errors.

However Mister Rex has got kind of look! (see attachment).

The problem seems to affect his screen friends as well.

The program runs correctly from E/A. (not so well from a CALL TIPI("").

(I found this testing the CFMOUNT with my nanoPEB.)

Wrote a short batch to cfmount the volume as DSK1 and start the program to show the power of Force Command.  

Imagine running games / applications with a single script from a few dedicated disk volumes and never have to swap or externally mount the volume.  Its potentially a powerful tool for nanoPEB and CF7+ users.

IMG_20200703_120859.jpg

Looks like my loader needs to improve initialization.. lots of games assume the state of the machine when EA loads them. This one looks like it doesn't turn off sprites... (the vertical bars...) ??

CALL TIPI probably won't ever get improved beyond loading very self reliant programs, but Force Command aspires to load everything someday... :)

• Like 2

Really weird, with TI-REX  ..   CALL TIPI does load it fine... but 'LOAD' in Force Command fails.. maybe because I was in text mode.. ?  things are put back into graphics mode pretty well..   This is a compiled game... compiled basic... I'll have to investigate further... odd that just the sprite graphics are missing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dgrissom said:

Sweet

Been waiting for the permanent CFMOUNT!  This is going to be fun!

My initial testing of the modified CFMOUNT commands was a success!

... And Mister TIRex looks great!

Don't want your head to swell;  I believe that you have created a real improvement to the nanoPEB/CF7+ family with Force Command!  (although I've fallen in love with my TIPI).

DG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any chance to be able to load XB or TI Basic programs directly from the shell?
He posted about that.. its a module so not simple... Right now you can use the finalGrom load command to load extended basic off of the finalgrom from command then have your disk1 set up to autoload load

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

I agree with arcadeshopper. You can't load *.bins directly from Force Command (you need an FG99 to even load F/C).

If you mean have I tested my nanoPEB with the "cfmount /p" and TI Extended BASIC (using FinalGrom99) then I have!

It works perfectly!  (Commands are similar to running from TIPI! - use F/C's "tipimap" to map a DSK1. to autorun a "LOAD")

Example:

Run FORCE COMMAND from FG99:

• If nanoPEB only, Type  (enter after each F/C command):
    • cfmount  /P 1,X    //mounts your CF7+ /nanoPEB disk as DSK1.  /P does the same thing as TI BASIC's "CALL MOUNT(1,X)"
    • cd DSK1.             // if running both a TIPI/32k and nanoPEB - Type cd 1100.DSK1
    • fg99 TIXBG          // will exit FG and select TI Extended BASIC in the FG99.   (this must filename must be in the Root directory of you FG99 SD card.)

These commands can be placed in a DV80 file and run with a "call FOO" command from F/C as a batch/script.

Users can dedicate a 1 or 2 nanoPEB volumes to hold links can completely automate most key functions on their nanoPEB.

NOTE: Not fully tested - need more time.  However, I can't see any reason this won't work?

Hope this helps?  Report any errors to management!

DG

Here is a complementary tool to the FG99 command: 

FCMD  (TIFILES EA5 PROGRAM image file) - It is a small assembly program that asks the FinalGrom99 to load the module FCMDG

I use this from TI BASIC with CALL TIPI("TIPI.FCMD")  to get back into ForceCommand after I've been running around in a different module... This is particularly useful for me, and my FinalGrom99 buttons are out of reach from my desk (without some stretching unbalanced motion that is creating a repetitive stress injury in my shoulder.) 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I've been thinking about how I'd do this for a while... I've implemented it today... 

==Run XB program==

xb <program-path>

Switch a FinalGROM99 to an Extended BASIC cartridge, configured to RUN the specified program.
Default cartridge name is TIXB_G with start address 25474.
Use variable XBMOD to override cartridge name, and XBADDR to override start address.

So... the simple example with TIXB on the finalgram as 'TIXB_G', and 'TIXB_C' (tested with version 110) 

CD TIPI.BAS.PROJ1.
XB GOBOTS

That'll run your GOBOTS program from TIPI.BAS.PROJ1.   If TIPI's AUTOMAP is on, then DSK1. will be mapped to TIPI.BAS.PROJ1. by the automatic mechanism... 

The persistent TIPI mapping for DSK1. gets changed to TIPI.FC. 

To use RXB or XB G.E.M.  you have to do some detective work... For current version of XB G.E.M. T40XB mode, do this:

XBMOD=XBGEM_G
XBADDR=-12381
XB TIPI.GAME10.LOAD

If you don't know the value of XBADDR for the cartridge entry point you want, you can set it to 0, and you'll get taken to the TI title screen, but when you pick your XB from that menu, you'll get your specified program auto loaded and running.

This depends on an update to TIPI as well, to allow loading DV80 files as XB programs. Which is how this works... XB's look for a file named DSK1.LOAD, so I put a file in TIPI.FC. called LOAD that contains:

10 RUN "TIPI.FC.FC/XB"

Force Command creates TIPI.FC.FC/XB by writing a DV80 file by that name, creating another similar 1 line program:

10 RUN "<your program path & name>"

The 2 step process is just easier than having Force Command write the original TIPI.FC.LOAD, since it is tokenized. TIPI then lets me run a non-tokenized file, which is easily written to in standard record fashion. And they are tiny files, and TIPI delivers them quickly... so not really a noticeable issue.

I can demo this in tomorrow's pandemic club call.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Here is a complementary tool to the FG99 command: 

FCMD  (TIFILES EA5 PROGRAM image file) - It is a small assembly program that asks the FinalGrom99 to load the module FCMDG

I use this from TI BASIC with CALL TIPI("TIPI.FCMD")  to get back into ForceCommand after I've been running around in a different module... This is particularly useful for me, and my FinalGrom99 buttons are out of reach from my desk (without some stretching unbalanced motion that is creating a repetitive stress injury in my shoulder.) 

Slick.  Saves wear and tear on my FG99 buttons as well!

A fix, and a feature.   I'm off to update the wiki now, since it is totally missing the CFMOUNT and now the XB command, and there are a bunch of details to the XB command...

If you have a favorite XB that your run from FinalGROM99, link them to a post here, and I'll update the wiki with the necessary details...  ( I've got TI XB 101 & 110, XB G.E.M. and think I can find RXB 2015E ) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

A fix, and a feature.   I'm off to update the wiki now, since it is totally missing the CFMOUNT and now the XB command, and there are a bunch of details to the XB command...

If you have a favorite XB that your run from FinalGROM99, link them to a post here, and I'll update the wiki with the necessary details...  ( I've got TI XB 101 & 110, XB G.E.M. and think I can find RXB 2015E ) 

You are wearing out my sd card reader!  ?

Looking forward to the updates.

BTW. My old favorite is Super Extended BASIC.    Although, I like/use almost all versions on occasion!

19 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

You are wearing out my sd card reader!  ?

Looking forward to the updates.

BTW. My old favorite is Super Extended BASIC.    Although, I like/use almost all versions on occasion!

I think I have a Super Extended BASIC on my FinalGROM... We need an Extended BASIC wiki, that highlights all the commands in each version, and draws equivalencies too. 

Like there were some Apesoft CALL LINK utilities available on disk, and then multiple cartridges that had the same utilities packed into the ROM or GROM to be loaded... but it is confusing to me what each offered.  Back in the day I was a Mechatronics XB II Plus user.  Maybe now is a good time for me to take a tour :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

I think I have a Super Extended BASIC on my FinalGROM... We need an Extended BASIC wiki, that highlights all the commands in each version, and draws equivalencies too. 

Like there were some Apesoft CALL LINK utilities available on disk, and then multiple cartridges that had the same utilities packed into the ROM or GROM to be loaded... but it is confusing to me what each offered.  Back in the day I was a Mechatronics XB II Plus user.  Maybe now is a good time for me to take a tour :)

That's not a bad idea.  I used to own SXB (actually may still own it just don't know where it is - still have the book.). 

It had a lot of features that I never used and a few bug fixes.  The main thing it has is a CALL CAT catalog statement.  (Almost all of the current post-TI-EXBASIC's have a version of it.).

• Like 2

It tried out the XB command.

My file was in the TIPI.UTIL folder

(Previously, I added the LOAD program to the TIPI.FC folder.)

I set the: 

XBMOD=SXBG   //  My Super Extended BASIC FG99 file name.

XBADDR=25458     // While the Super Extended BASIC's version=120 the TI Extended BASIC 110's value worked.

XB TIPI.UTIL.DGWEATHER    //Same as Greg's WEATHER, I added our local Airport Codes.  ;-)

<boom!>  The program loaded and ran.  I nearly fell out of the chair!

pressed "CLEAR"    // to BREAK/Exit program

typed: CALL TIPI("TIPI.FCMD")    // to return to Force Command with resets, etc.

<bam!> Back in Force Command.

I added the XB variables to my AUTOCMD. 

XB is setup and ready!

I tested this with the nanoPEB:

cd 1100.DSK1.

xb SHOWFILE     // It worked! 

(I had previously turned "AUTO=off" and TIPI Drive Mapping for DSK1 was blank using CALL TIPI)

In that case a simple:

xb DSK1.SHOWFILE works!

This looks like a relatively small addition to Force Command.  This is an EPIC change!

• Like 2

When playing with Force Command this morning, I went into TIPI config to turn auto mapping on, so I could play with a new function.  I then saw an upgrade was available... I pressed "U" and now... a seemingly endless "upgrade running".  How long did it take you to upgrade?   I'm beginning to think everything is ruined. 

-- UPDATE --

CRAP!.thumb.JPG.7532f76d48b4676d27c6efb2e22388c3.JPG

NOW I seem to remember some talk in the last ZOOM meeting about upgrading with the new version 'buster' version.  Moral of the story, never press upgrade without thinking first!  I hope I can get everything up and running before vacation (time willing) otherwise a new video will be dubious.

Edited by Omega-TI
Sigh.....

1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

When playing with Force Command this morning, I went into TIPI config to turn auto mapping on, so I could play with a new function.  I then saw an upgrade was available... I pressed "U" and now... a seemingly endless "upgrade running".  How long did it take you to upgrade?   I'm beginning to think everything is ruined. 

CRAP!.thumb.JPG.7532f76d48b4676d27c6efb2e22388c3.JPG

If everything is FUBAR, I'll be too disheartened to start all over and and get everything ready for vacation.  If this is the case, no video will probably be made.

I just ran the upgrade this morning and it only took less than a minute. I was honestly holding my breath the whole time as I've had issues with upgrades previously just like you describe which required a reflashing of the SD card to fix....

• Like 1

Just now, Vorticon said:

I just ran the upgrade this morning and it only took less than a minute. I was honestly holding my breath the whole time as I've had issues with upgrades previously just like you describe which required a reflashing of the SD card to fix....

Yeah, I've downloaded the new version and am formatting the SD card now.  The problem is, I don't do this every day, so I'm going to have to hunt down the documentation on how to install it all over again.

So from a cold start, if I run CALL TIPI("TIPI.FCMD") to start Force Command, with FCMD in the root TIPI directory, the screen goes blank and green and the LED on the FG99 keeps on blinking, but nothing else happens. The Force Command files are in the root directory of my  FG99.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just now, Omega-TI said:

Yeah, I've downloaded the new version and am formatting the SD card now.  The problem is, I don't do this every day, so I'm going to have to hunt down the documentation on how to install it all over again.

It screwed mine up on the 1.6x to 2.x.  It takes over an hour on a Pi3 and closer to 2 hours on a Pi Zero.

You are better off to back up your TIPI files and do the image upgrade.  Then it is smooth sailing.

I never can remember the Wiki location:

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/tipi-installation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vorticon said:

So from a cold start, if I run CALL TIPI("TIPI.FCMD") to start Force Command, with FCMD in the root TIPI directory, the screen goes blank and green and the LED on the FG99 keeps on blinking, but nothing else happens. The Force Command files are in the root directory of my  FG99.

Am I doing something wrong?

I *BELIEVE* you also have make an FC directory, turn on auto mapping.  The items I'm not positive yet are the location to put the loader with the specific cartridge information.  Honestly I wish someone would make it idiot proof like:

1) Put this file in this directory.

2) Put this file in this directory.

3) Turn this on.

4) Do this and that.