IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

The TI filesystem does not have file name extensions, so having a star for the basename, and star for the extension didn't make sense.

It does have prefix and suffix wildcards... And maybe I didn't test, but I would expect this to work:

COPY * TIPI.MYDIR. 

12 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

The TI filesystem does not have file name extensions, so having a star for the basename, and star for the extension didn't make sense.

It does have prefix and suffix wildcards... And maybe I didn't test, but I would expect this to work:

COPY * TIPI.MYDIR. 

It works.;-)

DELETE will not accept wildcards  (at this time - maybe tomorrow or the next day!).  ?

Edited by dgrissom
Add some stuff.
  • Like 2

Great! * by itself works just fine. 

I have to say that FC, in combination with TIPI and the FG99, have really elevated the whole TI experience by orders of magnitude, both from a user experience aspect as well as general reliability. 

Truly a remarkable achievement. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

... I'm waiting to see which enterprising programmer is the first to include a key press option, that hopefully becomes standard among all new games made into .BIN format.  What would that be?  The Jedimatt42 return to Force Command routine.  I keep most of my games on the FinalGROM, but it sure would be nice to get directly back to DOS after playing a game.  In fact, any game that had such a feature would probably get more play, by me at least.

1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

... I'm waiting to see which enterprising programmer is the first to include a key press option, that hopefully becomes standard among all new games made into .BIN format.  What would that be?  The Jedimatt42 return to Force Command routine.  I keep most of my games on the FinalGROM, but it sure would be nice to get directly back to DOS after playing a game.  In fact, any game that had such a feature would probably get more play, by me at least.

That isn't the sort of thing that should be baked into games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

That isn't the sort of thing that should be baked into games.

Why not?  Many programs have 'easter eggs' that are not normally advertised.  This, like the old 'shift838' would not even be noticed by most people, and if pressed, without the proper setup, nothing would happen.

12 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

Why not?  Many programs have 'easter eggs' that are not normally advertised.  This, like the old 'shift838' would not even be noticed by most people, and if pressed, without the proper setup, nothing would happen.

That is an undue burden to place on games. There are systemic ways to achieve that like the one we discussed on Sunday.

• Like 1

Here is a the little XB program that you can launch from within any XB with a RUN command and the literal path, that will cause FinalGROM99 to relaunch Force Command.

FCMDXB

It is 100% the exact same source code as the EA5 tool I provided earlier. But it was built with the --embed-xb option from @ralphb's xas99 cross assembler, instead of the -i option. Woot

It'll be in the FC directory with future releases of Force Command... 

You can place that on your TIPI, in the TIPI.FC. folder and then from any XB program you want to facilitate a return to Force Command option from, you can add a line with this statement:

RUN "TIPI.FC.FCMDXB"

@Omega-TI - sorry I'm such an jerk sometimes. And I hope this makes up for it a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Works great, with the caveat that the XB program must be launched from FC in order to be able to return to it. Otherwise it will hang.

I just downloaded it.  My plan is to put the call in the last line of the WEATHER program you enhanced.  That way when I press N, instead of Y for another, it'll jump back to Force Command.  Seamless!  I'm gonna love it!

Man, I cannot tell you how much I wanted something like this from my 4A/DOS days back in the 80's & 90's, then when I got back into the TI, then when Force Command came out... and now that dream is realized.  I'm bowing to M@ right now, he just cannot see it.  With T80XB, and this return program, even us lowly BASIC level programmers can write programs that will have some meaning in the FC environment.

Okay!  It works!  Freaking amazing!

I may need to write a batch/script file though.  I'll need to double check again, but it seems that to load the WEATHER program I need to be in the programs subdirectory for the program to load.  That little RED light on the FinalGROM cartridge never looked so good. ?

Uh oh, I *MAY* have a potential bug report.

The XB command seems to work flawlessly... if you are already in the subdirectory of the program you want to use

For example from the DOS prompt I type: CD TIPI.WEATHER80.   

I then end up in that directory.  I can then type XB WEATHER and everything runs perfectly.

However, here's the rub, I wrote a small and very simple batch file to automate that task called "W"

BR1.thumb.JPG.266de8da11a60a9517960966f1ced7ae.JPG

All it's supposed to do is those commands I go through manually, but when I type: CALL W 

to execute the script, this is what I end up with...

BR2.thumb.JPG.951c2fed65676053142bf648f1c900dd.JPG

If this is not a bug, can someone please explain to me WHY it's not working or at least suggest a fix. 

Thanks!

It gets into XB, but says 'SYNTAX ERROR' 

Can you do LIST?

It appears to have launched over in XB.. Force Command doesn't have the error message 'Syntax Error' anywhere, and the font has changed, and you've gone from 80 column to 32 column mode. 

So something is wrong with the XB program it loaded.. the Force Command 'XB' actually travels through 3 programs.

1. TIPI.FC.LOAD

2. TIPI.FC.FC/XB

3. your target program

Did it get stuck in 1, the program you showed us you had modified the other day.

Did it get stuck in 2, the program written on the fly by Force Command

Or did it make it into 3, your program? 

Oh, and we'll need to know which XB you are running, and what your Force Command environment variable XBADDR was set to. 

10 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Here is a the little XB program that you can launch from within any XB with a RUN command and the literal path, that will cause FinalGROM99 to relaunch Force Command.

You can place that on your TIPI, in the TIPI.FC. folder and then from any XB program you want to facilitate a return to Force Command option from, you can add a line with this statement:

RUN "TIPI.FC.FCMDXB"

That is very, very slick!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

It gets into XB, but says 'SYNTAX ERROR' 

Can you do LIST?

So, it shows NO PROGRAM

It appears to have launched over in XB.. Force Command doesn't have the error message 'Syntax Error' anywhere, and the font has changed, and you've gone from 80 column to 32 column mode. 

So something is wrong with the XB program it loaded.. the Force Command 'XB' actually travels through 3 programs.

1. TIPI.FC.LOAD

2. TIPI.FC.FC/XB

3. your target program

Did it get stuck in 1, the program you showed us you had modified the other day.

Did it get stuck in 2, the program written on the fly by Force Command

Or did it make it into 3, your program? 

Hard to tell. Probably inbetween 2 and 3.. I'll have to see what RUN does when a bad file name is specified. Maybe sometimes FC is specifying it corruptly.

Oh, and we'll need to know which XB you are running, and what your Force Command environment variable XBADDR was set to. 

I can't tell the answer to this from your video, @Omega-TI

I'm running RXB since it's supposedly 100% compatible with TI Extended BASIC but has other things that I may use someday.

As you can see from my AUTOCMD file the XBADDR seems to be correct...

1530353933_AUTOCMDFile.thumb.JPG.790f5f1ea495f4e9b0b986951cd984a3.JPG

This is the script file residing in my TIPI root directory that I'm using...

664345688_ScriptFile.thumb.JPG.7f6fb2f4e2d9c961291f2a249521238b.JPG

It appears to only do this...

1885536321_InitialLoad.thumb.JPG.c3257963643961899fd017cc95ffa4ac.JPG

... on the initial try after turning on the TI...

I'm not opposed to trying a different version of Extended BASIC if someone wants to fire me off a copy of the .BIN's, tell me the correct name to use and supply me with the correct XBADDR to type into my AUTOCMD file.