IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

CALL justs opens a D/V80 file and iterates through each line executing the commands within (with a little extra handling for RESET in order to GOTO a backward reference)

TIPI allows anything using record style D/V 80 I/O to open for INPUT a file hosted at a URL with either http or https by using the device PI. That can be the 'type' command in Force Command, the 'call' command in Force Command, or the Load command in Edit1, or some BASIC program if you like.

However, in Force Command you cannot

call RS232
because I only look at device service routines with names that the code thinks are filesystems.

There is a bug, in that I left out 'DSK.' :( I want to add that back in...

Other TIPI tricks include

type PI.CONFIG
and
type PI.STATUS
(probably worked in 4A/DOS also...)

----

I have put more time in this weekend updating the project wiki on github. https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/wiki, including more details on the main page in the cartridges section.

I'll finish creating pages for the remaining commands this week, but I believe the fundamental concepts are covered with examples.

-M@

• Like 1

When the need for feature creep sets in... "TIME" would be a nice addition to the command set. I'd like to eventually add the current TIME/DATE to my AUTOCMD bootup screen sometime in the future.

For griggles, (giggles and grins) try:

type PI.CLOCK
You'll have to reboot afterwards... ( I have filed a complaint with the author: https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/issues )

-M@

• Like 2

For griggles, (giggles and grins) try:

type PI.CLOCK
You'll have to reboot afterwards... ( I have filed a complaint with the author: https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/issues )

-M@

Nope, nothing.

** EDIT **

After putting CALL in front of PI.CLOCK it worked. I see what you mean about re-booting. Interestingly, as it scrolls up the screen you can count how many samples per second it takes.

Edited by --- Ω ---

If there is no objection to feature creep, a modified 'drives' command might be beneficial if expanded upon to read and display ALL devices and their addresses, not just drives. As this program gets adopted and takes off over time, there will be many different setups with a myriad of configurations... HFDC's, RS-232's, RTC's and at least a dozen other items. Having this as a part of the OS would be sweet!

I played around with a fairly basic ANSI display file tonight. It looked good on the PC, but the edges were screwed up on the TI. Not sure what the problem is yet, possibly width? Anyway out of time for tonight, but I'm loving this DOS.

So far, the only thing I've really missed (from 4A/DOS is something like the FIX80 command as it allowed one to run EA/3 programs and LINK start them.

• Like 1

I would doubt it possible to support existing EA3 programs and the link technique, as my c-stack is hanging out in their way, and I use a ton of upper memory expansion too...

What EA3 programs do you run? I have none of interest to me. Running an EA3 program isn't really the goal, the goal should be doing _x_ where _x_ is the feature the current EA3 program provides...

-M@

I would doubt it possible to support existing EA3 programs and the link technique, as my c-stack is hanging out in their way, and I use a ton of upper memory expansion too...

What EA3 programs do you run? I have none of interest to me. Running an EA3 program isn't really the goal, the goal should be doing _x_ where _x_ is the feature the current EA3 program provides...

-M@

I don't know about OMEGA, but I use them to enhance TI BASIC programs, because I have other uses for the available GRAM in FG99.

-M@

When I do beta testing for one individual, the files invariably arrive in EA/3 format, so I've setup a script in 4A/DOS to make things faster and easier. Now when it comes to Stuart's Internet Browser, not even 4A/DOS can load that E/A3, so it's either use the FG99 version or the Editor/Assembler for the disk version. Now what is really cool about Force Command is it's ability to load programs (like Stuart's browser) off the FG99 cartridge! However, one has to power cycle the TI afterwards to exit the cartridge and reload the DOS. I can easily live with a few quirks, so that's really no issue.

My main problem is that I have so many blasted configurations and things on my FG99 that I'm really grateful that Force Command will be able to let me clean up a few things and get stuff running under one environment. :thumbsup:

When I do beta testing for one individual, the files invariably arrive in EA/3 format, so I've setup a script in 4A/DOS to make things faster and easier. Now when it comes to Stuart's Internet Browser, not even 4A/DOS can load that E/A3, so it's either use the FG99 version or the Editor/Assembler for the disk version. Now what is really cool about Force Command is it's ability to load programs (like Stuart's browser) off the FG99 cartridge! However, one has to power cycle the TI afterwards to exit the cartridge and reload the DOS. I can easily live with a few quirks, so that's really no issue.

My main problem is that I have so many blasted configurations and things on my FG99 that I'm really grateful that Force Command will be able to let me clean up a few things and get stuff running under one environment. :thumbsup:

That all sounds very good to me, but it's going to be awhile before I can get "deeply" involved. I just have a lot on my plate, and I get a little slower every day doing anything on my plate. What use to take 10 or 15 minutes now takes close to an hour. Not to mention that I will be 78 next week. Pending Birthdays, since age 65, always make me feel older.

Keep me posted as to your FG99 arrangements.

Bill

Thank you, but I don't celebrate my Birthday any more, because everything seems to be going down hill now, so not much "FUN". I only remind myself of it, as I'm now older than my mother and father. They were 76 and 77 respectfully.

Bill

• Like 2

Happy Birthday wishes you Wolfgang from Germany.

I know that very well when it seems that everything is going downhill;
My mother is the same age and needs help almost every day.
I wish you many more healthy years and lots of fun with your computer hobby and this TI forum.
Wolfgang

XB EA3 extensions are not the kind of thing we are talking about given the thread context.

I won't add a feature if the use case isn't appealing to me. It is also impossible for me to find secret use cases appealing. Sorry.

I am also not interested in proposed solutions either. I find them too focused on integrating non-extensible feature X with new feature Y, when what you really want is to accomplish Z that never even gets described. Unless your goal really is just to see X and Y integrated for no other reason than cause you think that would be cool. If that is your goal, then go for it. All my X and Ys are on github.

Actual use cases might be interesting. No promises.

-M@

• Like 1

Happy Birthday wishes you Wolfgang from Germany.

I know that very well when it seems that everything is going downhill;

My mother is the same age and needs help almost every day.

I wish you many more healthy years and lots of fun with your computer hobby and this TI forum.
Wolfgang

Thank you very much, as you've just reminded me of my 3 years in West Germany during my U.S. Air Force service back in the early 1960's. I married my girl friend the last year I was stationed there (about 30K West of Hof am Saale). I was never good at spelling German (High German or the Northern Bavarian version).

Bill

Updated post #1 http://atariage.com/forums/topic/290966-force-command-ver-07-kinda-like-commandcom-from-1985/?p=4271216

version 0.7 fixes a few issues with the FTP command. Arcadeshopper pointed out that dir after connecting to ftp.whtech.com didn't work anymore.. I don't know what changed, but forcing an ascii mode transfer type for the ftp dir data channel fixed it. Something I should have done anyway.

Also fixed the ftp help, and reliability of the FTP get command.

-M@

Update in post #1 http://atariage.com/forums/topic/290966-force-command-ver-08-kinda-like-commandcom-from-1985/?p=4271216

Ver 0.8 attached. Now with 'more...' prompt when scrolling text off the screen.

I decided not to prompt if in scripts, so I didn't have to implement a moroff and moron command. And it doesn't prompt if using the '/ansi' option to 'type' I figure if I'm doing either of those things I'm being deliberate.

anyway, basically it makes long directory listings more friendly.

-M@

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greg has reported and demonstrated that Force Command has a couple bugs interacting with HDX.

I haven't heard if it works with any of the other 3rdparty storage controllers.

If anyone has confirmed compatibly, that would be interesting to document.

-M@

• Like 1

Hi Jedimat42,

I'm using a TI Diskcontroller with the 40/80/80 track mod and a 3,5" drive as DSK2 and a 5,25" drive as DSK3.

I have no physical DSK1 so it's always mapped to a tipi folder.

I used force_command and it works between mapped tipi folders and between a mapped tipe folder DSK1

and my physical drives DSK2 and DSK3 very well.

One thing I tested today in force_command 0.8:

[1000.TIPI.] <-- tipi root folder

$ COPY MM.MM-GER 1100.DSK2. <-- the file MM-GER was in the folder TIPI.MM.

copied_block 7 of 7

[1000.TIPI.]

$ DIR 1100.DSK2.

Diskname: $0

Available: 1438 Used: 65442

Name Type Reclen Sectors

--------------------------------------------------------

MM.MM-GER DIS/VAR 80 8

[1000.TIPI.]

$ CD 1100.DSK2.

[1100.DSK2.]

$ DELETE MM.MM-GER

cannot delete file DSK2.MM.MM-GER

[1100.DSK2.]

$

I think the file can not be deleted because there is a dot in the filename after the copy!

Wolfgang

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, twoodland said:

Is it possible to have a command that toggles a GPIO output pin?  I would like to use an LED as a notification indicator. 

What is a GPIO output pin in the context of a 4A?  one of the 9901 pins? Or just a CRU bit? 

-M@

I was hoping to be able to control one of the tipi gpio output pins.  Can force command cause a script to run on the Raspberry Pi (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/python/README.md)? 

A command like LED On/Off?  Then it could be incorporated into batch files/programs to toggle a notification led light.