IGNORED

Force Command : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

1 hour ago, twoodland said:

I was hoping to be able to control one of the tipi gpio output pins.  Can force command cause a script to run on the Raspberry Pi (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/python/README.md)? 

A command like LED On/Off?  Then it could be incorporated into batch files/programs to toggle a notification led light.

This is a request to extend the TIPI services, not just Force Command... Force command does not run stuff on the PI... it is all TI 9900 side... 

An extension like the mouse extension or tcp socket extension would have to be added to the TIPI services, to allow controlling Raspberry PI GPIO pins with TIPI messages.  If you can play with GPIO, you should be able to learn enough python to author that extension.  This has to come first before Force Command can get involved... 

---

That aside, I do want to add the ability to author external assembled or C commands for Force Command, allowing authors access to all the routines in the ROM. It's in my list of desires.

-M@

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

My design wants a GPIO pin to give an output pulse every time the PI's RTC advances 1 minute.:)

...Other uses envisioned as well(for more pins:lol:).

P.S. 9901 pins are a pain to get at!:ponder:

If I assumed twoodland was talking about Raspberry PI GPIO pins, someone would give me carp for forgetting that many of the pins on a 9901 are general purpose input/output pins.  So I have to ask clarifying questions when people are not precise. 

------

Your design has zero overlap with Force Command from the information you have provided. I can only recommend that you put your own service on the Raspberry PI to accomplish your 1 minute trigger. https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/ <--- lots of information available to do that. 

-M@

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

This is a request to extend the TIPI services, not just Force Command... Force command does not run stuff on the PI... it is all TI 9900 side... 

An extension like the mouse extension or tcp socket extension would have to be added to the TIPI services, to allow controlling Raspberry PI GPIO pins with TIPI messages.  If you can play with GPIO, you should be able to learn enough python to author that extension.  This has to come first before Force Command can get involved... 

---

That aside, I do want to add the ability to author external assembled or C commands for Force Command, allowing authors access to all the routines in the ROM. It's in my list of desires.

-M@

Thank you M@.  Sorry for the generic question.  I appreciate the clarification and apologize that I am not precise nor have enough knowledge or understanding about the TI, Force Command, Raspberry Pi and TIPI to be able to offer desired suggestions.  I do however, want to learn more about each of these system and hopefully be able to produce something usable to the community.

I thank you again for the time and effort to explore my request and for providing a clear response.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, twoodland said:

I was hoping to be able to control one of the tipi gpio output pins.  Can force command cause a script to run on the Raspberry Pi (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/gpio/python/README.md)? 

A command like LED On/Off?  Then it could be incorporated into batch files/programs to toggle a notification led light.

why not make a cron on the pi that checks for /home/tipi/tipidisk/flags/ledon and turns it on and then off if the files gone then you can create that file in the ti side with any program 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

why not make a cron on the pi that checks for /home/tipi/tipidisk/flags/ledon and turns it on and then off if the files gone then you can create that file in the ti side with any program 

Thank you arcadeshopper, brilliant and simple!  Now to figure out how to check Chatti and Group Chat for notifications/msg's waiting.  That may be able to be integrated into the Pi program as well.   

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, twoodland said:

Thank you arcadeshopper, brilliant and simple!  Now to figure out how to check Chatti and Group Chat for notifications/msg's waiting.  That may be able to be integrated into the Pi program as well.   

NICE!  Since the RPi is always on, a little red LED would be fantastic!  In essence... "Hey, turn on your TI and play, you have a message waiting!"

• Like 2

This has been discussed before and Corey would need to speak to any ability to access his site/data from outside chatti or the browser

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, if this comes to pass, I'll move my Flex Card Interface to slot #2 and then fix the LED behind the light pipe of slot #1.  This way everything would be contained within the P-Box and no drilling or additional boxes would be necessary.  This would be a very inexpensive, but also a very useful upgrade.

• Like 1

This is so very off topic

But just to recap :  The Raspberry PI in TIPI has no knowledge of if or if not you have a message waiting in Chatti. The 9900 based software called Chatti that you run on the TI-99/4A can ask this question, but it must poll the server. Previously, ElectricLab has said, no to writing software on the PI that does know. It would also have to poll his servers, that he pays money for. Every TIPI polling his servers even when users aren't using Chatti was not something he was interested in funding (last time we spoke about the topic).

Further more, using a PI to check your email or whatever in Linux land is not interesting to me, and so will not be funded by my time and effort. The TIPI stuff is open licensed and open source, but to my knowledge the Chatti stuff and server are not. Otherwise I'd say go for it, but don't be surprised if it leads to the Chatti server being shut down.

but, again, absolutely nothing to do with Force Command... If someone wants to continue to discuss this, please create a new topic to have a good title that draws like minded people into the same conversation. 

Am I trying to shut this conversation down: YES.

-M@

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

Wouldn't a reset get you back?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reset works great.  I use the reset on my PS/2 keyboard but the FCTN = will work or even the reset button on the FG99 will work.  You'll instantly quit your program and be back in DOS.

• 2 weeks later...

I think retroclouds is asking for something like returning with all the current context of the shell intact, like when 'cat' exits back to 'bash' 

Yes that is aspirationally planned. Force Command currently uses about half of the 32k. I want consolidate that, and make the ROM routines for console interaction available, as well as Command line argument passing. 

But, I've been on TI vacation. Playing with my Amiga, ZX Spectrum, and GR8BIT.

-M@

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

I think retroclouds is asking for something like returning with all the current context of the shell intact, like when 'cat' exits back to 'bash' 

Yes that is aspirationally planned. Force Command currently uses about half of the 32k. I want consolidate that, and make the ROM routines for console interaction available, as well as Command line argument passing. 

But, I've been on TI vacation. Playing with my Amiga, ZX Spectrum, and GR8BIT.

-M@

Indeed, that was exactly what I was thinking about.  I personally do not like it when I reset the TI-99/4a to jump from one program to the next.

Also some kind of mailbox (something similar to a unix pipe) would be fantastic. That way you could pass output from one program as input to the next program. Yeah, getting carried away now.? 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Matt,

It's been awhile since the subject has been brought up.  What's the status of a Geneve version of the software for ftp, disk file management, etc?

Beery

I've been busy enjoying other things. 

TipiConfig provides disk mapping, and functions in 4A mode just fine... Old Dark Caves runs great with the speedup the Geneve provides.   

My mame emulation setup imploded (through neglect), so I lost my test for getting Force Command to work with other disk controllers.  This is my priority in the TI space.  My FTP code uses the same routines that don't work with HDX, and so I assume they don't work with any other mass-storage device on the platform except TIPI and the floppy disk controllers.

I do have next week off of work. And intend to put about 50% of that time into the 4A. Hopefully hanging out at PRGE the previous weekend will re-inspire me.

-M@

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Arcade shopper verified that the October post still did not work with HDX. 

I've since had a chance to test against a WHT SCSI card v1.6, and it appears to work on that just fine.. 

Then I also have tested against an IDE card with Fred Kaal's DSR.  This required a couple fixes to my code to coerce gcc to produce the assembly I intended. 

Version 0.A in Post #1 

-M@

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, jedimatt42 said:

This is so very off topic

But just to recap :  The Raspberry PI in TIPI has no knowledge of if or if not you have a message waiting in Chatti. The 9900 based software called Chatti that you run on the TI-99/4A can ask this question, but it must poll the server. Previously, ElectricLab has said, no to writing software on the PI that does know. It would also have to poll his servers, that he pays money for. Every TIPI polling his servers even when users aren't using Chatti was not something he was interested in funding (last time we spoke about the topic).

Further more, using a PI to check your email or whatever in Linux land is not interesting to me, and so will not be funded by my time and effort. The TIPI stuff is open licensed and open source, but to my knowledge the Chatti stuff and server are not. Otherwise I'd say go for it, but don't be surprised if it leads to the Chatti server being shut down.

but, again, absolutely nothing to do with Force Command... If someone wants to continue to discuss this, please create a new topic to have a good title that draws like minded people into the same conversation. 

Am I trying to shut this conversation down: YES.

-M@

Did anyone ever start a new thread about this? I am just now reading this.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@jedimatt42

1400.DSK6 did not work  (corcomp ram disk 512)

But 1100.DSK1. Worked to copy a file.

(But the total disk size looks weird in ftp cmd 65213

But back to a disk mgr 1000 it is all okay 323)

Floppy is DS/SD 720k

Very cool tool I like it !

I would like to have a * wildcard option

To copy multiple files in a directory to disk.

(Without entering all filenames one by one)

Tomorrow will try with DU2k and other CRU base to see how fast it can copy to the DSK6. (Because i do not have a powersupply connected to it i loose everything there after turning off the PEB). If TIPI can copy fast it solves my problem.  (Or find the right pin to backup with power with 12VDC @Ksarul is checking).

I can also try the Horizon 3000 + Rambo card to see if ftp cmd works with it, but was planning it for something else.

It also then the fastest way to get files from the PC to a floppy disk via a network (i was using RS232 all the time with V9T9 transfer, VDM99 or Fred Kaal tool CM2K something like that). Now it goes over Wi-Fi.

20200506_020544.jpg

20200506_020609.jpg

20200506_020705.jpg

20200506_020738.jpg

1 hour ago, globeron said:

@jedimatt42

1400.DSK6 did not work  (corcomp ram disk 512)

But 1100.DSK1. Worked to copy a file.

(But the total disk size looks weird in ftp cmd 65213

But back to a disk mgr 1000 it is all okay 323)

Floppy is DS/SD 720k

Very cool tool I like it !

I would like to have a * wildcard option

To copy multiple files in a directory to disk.

(Without entering all filenames one by one)

Tomorrow will try with DU2k and other CRU base to see how fast it can copy to the DSK6. (Because i do not have a powersupply connected to it i loose everything there after turning off the PEB). If TIPI can copy fast it solves my problem.  (Or find the right pin to backup with power with 12VDC @Ksarul is checking).

If I am not mistaken, I think Force Command can run scripts???  If so, you might consider writing a script to back things up.  Is there a diskcopy command?  That may save entering individual filenames.

• Like 1