jedimatt42

Force Command ver 1.28 : kinda like command.com from 1985 (no TIPI required!)

I am getting the error "failed to configure XB" when attempting to load XB programs.

image.png.8932b49e143a33b2d50b67cee3021fca.png

Seemingly regardless of all other configuration considerations.  The same error is produced regardless of whether a file by that name exists (and exists in the current path), regardless of whether XBMOD and XBADDR are set (and set to valid values).  The XB command does not seem to attempt to load an XB image via the FinalGROM at all, under my present circumstances. 

FG99 TIXB_G does successfully load TI Extended BASIC version 110 (or a few other versions of Extended BASIC I have there, likewise). 

But with XBADDR set to 25458 and XBMOD set to TIXB_G any attempt to load a BASIC/XB file results (invariably) in "failed to configure XB".

Any ideas?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

I am getting the error "failed to configure XB" when attempting to load XB programs.

image.png.8932b49e143a33b2d50b67cee3021fca.png

Seemingly regardless of all other configuration considerations.  The same error is produced regardless of whether a file by that name exists (and exists in the current path), regardless of whether XBMOD and XBADDR are set (and set to valid values).  The XB command does not seem to attempt to load an XB image via the FinalGROM at all, under my present circumstances. 

FG99 TIXB_G does successfully load TI Extended BASIC version 110 (or a few other versions of Extended BASIC I have there, likewise). 

But with XBADDR set to 25458 and XBMOD set to TIXB_G any attempt to load a BASIC/XB file results (invariably) in "failed to configure XB".

Any ideas?

It's working OK on my setup.    I don't have any storage devices but the TIPI and SAMs on this computer.   Latest Force Command.  My FinalGrom99 XB name is TIXBG.

img1a.jpg.e42f326ff7c9c98829a479ea5f7213fa.jpg img2a.jpg.62b72bdb1e757882ebf1b3b2dfdf4856.jpg

• Like 3

@pixelpedant that error comes from not being able to open for write TIPI.FC.FC/XB

There are a few support files to get the XB command to work and they have to live in the TIPI.FC. directory.. 

https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd#installation

It has been a while since I have this... I should make that easier/stand out more ..  

(edit: I've just updated the wiki reference for the XB command to point this requirement out, and tie in that error message)

• Like 2