IGNORED

Can’t report my own post

CZroe

I’m using Tapatalk and I need to delete the last post I made in the TG16 thread so that I can fix an image that was hotlinked. I’m not able to retract images uploaded to Tapatalk without being able to edit the post. The error itself is part of a “fix” for an even more serious error but I still need to correct it ASAP (“4k7*2” instead of 47k*2). I believe the original error this attempts to fix has already cost me nearly $800 worth of rare retro gaming hardware (two dead UpperGrafx UGX-02 adapters) so, yeah, it’s serious. Please help!

I don’t understand why I can’t delete or edit my post after an hour. Surely, this restriction causes more trouble than it avoids, especially with all the project threads which can’t update the OP and have all the important developments buried within. Being unable to report your own post like this just adds insult to injury.

I went ahead and deleted the post you were talking about. If you need the ability to edit a specific post in the future, please send me a PM directly and I can give you the rights to do so.

The ability to indefinitely edit posts was removed after several people over time decided to edit away all their posts. After this happened the last time and I painstakingly restored thousands of posts from a backup, I enabled this restriction. Posts in marketplace and development forums can be edited indefinitely.

Also, Tapatalk is likely going away when I upgrade the forum very soon now. The new forum skins are all mobile-friendly, so you won't lose any functionality with a separate mobile skin as the forum uses now. Tapatalk has been a big headache for the last few years.

..Al

I went ahead and deleted the post you were talking about. If you need the ability to edit a specific post in the future, please send me a PM directly and I can give you the rights to do so.

The ability to indefinitely edit posts was removed after several people over time decided to edit away all their posts. After this happened the last time and I painstakingly restored thousands of posts from a backup, I enabled this restriction. Posts in marketplace and development forums can be edited indefinitely.

Also, Tapatalk is likely going away when I upgrade the forum very soon now. The new forum skins are all mobile-friendly, so you won't lose any functionality with a separate mobile skin as the forum uses now. Tapatalk has been a big headache for the last few years.

..Al

Thank you!

...and thanks for the heads up about Tapatalk too. I’ll stick to Tapatalk as long as I can. Even mobile-friendly sites still have all the mobile browser’s issues, like reloading pages while multitasking, text fields that don’t lock to the screen while editing, and switching tabs making it difficult to compose a post that requires things from other pages/tabs. Guess I’ll just have to get used to it. :)