IGNORED

USB Rotary Control, MAME, EMULATION

pboland

It would appear that the interest is there for another run of these spinners. I've started a list of people who are interested in purchasing a spinner. I have also started the process to build the next batch of 20. Please keep in mind that this is going to take a few months to put together. I will try to contact people once they are ready to go.

If 20 units doesn't cover everyone, I will start yet another run of spinners if time allows.

Thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My comments on this Cyclone Spinner:

Spectacular!

Exceeded my expectation. 

I’ve wanted that Tempest feel ever since the first time I played arcade Tempest. 

This delivers!

A weighted spinner that spins. 

The weighted disc gives momentum, and the grab/stopping resistance to change direction is perfect. 

The use of an optical mouse inside means a high resolution tracking with consistent motion output (not old mouse tech that used spinning wheels with holes and emitters and sensors). Less things to get dirty, less things to fail. The only thing that spins is the weighted disc. 

The included bolts to the aluminum bracket makes mounting solid. Also included was the knob Allen Wrench to tighten that to the shaft, nice!

No buttons, but that simplifies things, making this just a spinner. 

I mounted mine in an extra deep cigar box. A project I casually did while watching a retro games stream. Simple enough. 

64075E8C-B6A5-4115-9248-A2456D19B6FC.jpeg

DCE2E03C-1A93-49D0-B17B-A3B5F505FAA4.jpeg

8D87ECB5-F29D-4DA5-A808-06309C568E89.jpeg

06DD8926-D13B-4D9F-988B-4E872EBD2963.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 8:59 PM, Ducky01 said:

Are you still making these? I am interested if so...

You got the last one of the second run (Cyclone II).

If there is still interest for more USB spinners I will start a new interest list. If you want on the list just let me know either in this topic or PM.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 4:15 PM, pboland said:

You got the last one of the second run (Cyclone II).

If there is still interest for more USB spinners I will start a new interest list. If you want on the list just let me know either in this topic or PM.

I'm in Houston, Texas.  I would like to buy one of your Cyclone controllers.  Thank you!

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, Zoyous said:

I'm interested in this if you're making another run!

You are added to the list. I'm up to about five people on the list. If you are interested just let me know in this topic and I will put you on the list.

Once I hit about 10 people of interest I'll make some more. :)

On 6/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, iesposta said:

My comments on this Cyclone Spinner:

Spectacular!

Exceeded my expectation.

I mounted mine in an extra deep cigar box. A project I casually did while watching a retro games stream. Simple enough.

I am loving both of mine. I have an original and a II and I've used them both.

I'm finally getting off my duff and mounting them into some craft boxes. The original will stay with my arcade cabinet since I can't add buttons to it. The II will have HAPP buttons added and will be the one that travels with my emulation laptop. :)

On 5/29/2020 at 7:10 AM, pboland said:

You are added to the list. I'm up to about five people on the list. If you are interested just let me know in this topic and I will put you on the list.

Once I hit about 10 people of interest I'll make some more. :)

I would very much like to buy one if you do another run. :)