32 members have voted

1. 1. ATTENDING

• I am strongly interested in attending
    • I am slightly interested in attending
    • I live too far away to attend
    • I have too many commitments to be able to attend
    • I am not interested at all

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

you know, I been toyed on adding the MSX1 to the TI-99 variants emulation list. It had the same video chip as the TI-99 line, the sound chip was very similar to TI sound chip but had a z80 processor (like the Colecovision). As for the z80, it's rumored that the z80 was once considered for the ti99 before they decided to shoehorn the 9900. 

another thing, the BASIC is very much like XB including the use of CALL commands.

what ya think, add it to the DVD?

Also: I want to be sure I added everything MESS/MAME TI-wise.

I have MESS TI-99/4a, TI-99/EV (with 80 column), Gramkraker, P-Card, Geneve with HD, Tomy Tutor

MAME TI99/4 (tape), TI-99/8(Hexbus)

Games, apps, manuals, books

working on Plato

I don't know, is MBX emulated?

Anything I missed and can add?

Edited by hloberg
add more

39 minutes ago, hloberg said:

No problem, the DVD was starting to get too big anyway. ?

To make it clear: It should not be understood as "if you want it, do it yourself". I'd just love to see more people with good programming skills to help contribute to the TI emulations in MAME. After all, this is an open project, and I'd be ready to lead any interested people into the inner dungeons of MAME programming.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mizapf said:

To make it clear: It should not be understood as "if you want it, do it yourself". I'd just love to see more people with good programming skills to help contribute to the TI emulations in MAME. After all, this is an open project, and I'd be ready to lead any interested people into the inner dungeons of MAME programming.

No problem, actually I was thinking about it. I'm a good programmer but not in C. I have middleing skills when it comes to C.

But if you gave me a good place to start, I could look at the Cortex. Might be a good chance to hone up my C skills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asmusr said:

I don't think the MSX community would be pleased if you call the MSX1 a TI-99 variant. ;)

LOL! better then calling it a Colecovision variant, which it was.

after thinking about it I think I'll leave it off the DVD. It's close, but really isn't a variant. I got to say though, I have enjoyed playing with it. It's a nice setup.

5 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

I was thinking either Parsec ship or a Wumpus on front.

Thoughts for either ?

hard to choose, I like both. the wumpus with it's mouth closed be cool, on the other hand, more people know Parsec (and it'll be a shameless self promotion for my Parsec 2600. ? )  I don't know.

Here's what I got on the MAME/MESS disk if anyone interested. dirmame.txt

in short Geneve, Gram Kracker, Myarc XB II, P-Code, TI 99-2, TI99-8, Tomy Tutor & Standard TI-99/4a with disk, cartridge, manuals etc..

One thing I don't have is a manual for the Myarc Extended BASIC II that came with the MYarc 128, 512k memory card. Anybody got a .pdf copy of that?

AND, anything else?

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I created you a short URL in my system pointing to this thread if you would like to use it:

https://locu.li/994ATX

(the URL token is case-sensitive)

Ugh, I didn't think about creating a tinyurl, thanks. but done printed out and piled the flyers at Game Over. only made a few, though, so the next batch I'll put the tinyurl.

By the way, the manager of that Game Over has a TI and he will try to attend.

If someone comes up with a suitable, yet short domain name (such as "AustinTI99.com", which is available), I will buy it and point it to the thread.  And we can change it in the future if needed.  Or someone else can buy it and I can tell you what DNS settings to use.

..Al

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, hloberg said:

Here's what I got on the MAME/MESS disk if anyone interested. dirmame.txt

in short Geneve, Gram Kracker, Myarc XB II, P-Code, TI 99-2, TI99-8, Tomy Tutor & Standard TI-99/4a with disk, cartridge, manuals etc..

One thing I don't have is a manual for the Myarc Extended BASIC II that came with the MYarc 128, 512k memory card. Anybody got a .pdf copy of that?

AND, anything else?

Would you like to include my OoeyGUI Python MAME launcher.  It works on Windows, Linux and Mac.

Video Broadcast for 99/4ATX on weekend of Aug 8-10!

We will have a Ustream channel. When no one wants to broadcast on it, it will point at something interesting, like a computer demo, a 3D printer, or a breakfast taco.  You never know!

https://www.ustream.tv/channel/u45p8uc7YSS

I picked Ustream because the free trial seems better than freeconferencecall.com or Zoom.

• Thanks 1