1. 1. ATTENDING

• I am strongly interested in attending
    • I am slightly interested in attending
    • I live too far away to attend
    • I have too many commitments to be able to attend
    • I am not interested at all

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Video Broadcast for 99/4ATX on weekend of Aug 8-10!

We will have a Ustream channel. When no one wants to broadcast on it, it will point at something interesting, like a computer demo, a 3D printer, or a breakfast taco.  You never know!

https://www.ustream.tv/channel/u45p8uc7YSS

I picked Ustream because the free trial seems better than freeconferencecall.com or Zoom.

why not use youtube?  ustream is full of ads and garbage clients

2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I will try YouTube. There's no two-way there, no chat room right?  

no, there's no two way chat on Youtube.

If you need chat along with video if I recall you can use Zoom for free for up to 50 users.  It does in chat video calling with a chat window for questions.

If you want to stream your desktop then there are other apps but they are all $$$ like WebEx, Ring Central, etc.

you are free to use my chat app on my site.

6 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

no, there's no two way chat on Youtube.

If you need chat along with video if I recall you can use Zoom for free for up to 50 users.  It does in chat video calling with a chat window for questions.

If you want to stream your desktop then there are other apps but they are all $$$ like WebEx, Ring Central, etc.

you are free to use my chat app on my site.

I'm in the 24hr wait period for YouTube.

I like Zoom and it has chat and screen sharing. It turns out it only costs $15 for a one month plan. The free one cuts off every 40 minutes.

My new Zoom meeting URL:

https://zoom.us/j/7707370625

It's almost the 3rd Wednesday work night at ATX Hackerspace, Jul 16.

I'll be there doing some 99/4ATX business. 

Like trying out video conferencing in the classroom, with YouTube and Zoom. 

In case you want to test being on the Zoom channel, here's the URL:

Zoom meeting URL:

I'm not sure if you have to sign in on Zoom. Anyway its free.

YouTube test channel to follow.

Anybody is welcome to jump in Wednesday night after 7:30 Central.

Thanks for all the input on which videoconference.

1 hour ago, FarmerPotato said:

It's almost the 3rd Wednesday work night at ATX Hackerspace, Jul 16.

I'll be there doing some 99/4ATX business. 

Like trying out video conferencing in the classroom, with YouTube and Zoom. 

In case you want to test being on the Zoom channel, here's the URL:

Zoom meeting URL:

I'm not sure if you have to sign in on Zoom. Anyway its free.

YouTube test channel to follow.

Anybody is welcome to jump in Wednesday night after 7:30 Central.

Thanks for all the input on which videoconference.

The host always has to join zoom to get the meeting started.

Just noticed this topic... since i live here in Austin, I definitely want to come to some of the event.  I've not done much TI99-4/A hacking, but I think I do still have a system and some carts in my storage.  I was very impressed with the display of recent TI work I saw at the Vintage Computer Fest SE in Atlanta a few months ago.

17 hours ago, bcombee said:

Just noticed this topic... since i live here in Austin, I definitely want to come to some of the event.  I've not done much TI99-4/A hacking, but I think I do still have a system and some carts in my storage.  I was very impressed with the display of recent TI work I saw at the Vintage Computer Fest SE in Atlanta a few months ago.

welcome. glad to have you attend. we'll be doing several hardware projects (mine is replacing a bad I/O chip).

Computer Fest SE, huh? See a TI-99/4a setup there? a friend of mine Mark, I think he did it this year, had a large TI-99/4a setup with PEB and a TI 99/4.

17 hours ago, bcombee said:

Welcome bcombee!

There will be lots to see. We'll be happy to share the knowledge of whatever aspect of 4A-ness you want. Feel free to bring your system to work with, there will be plenty of space in the classroom.

3 minutes ago, hloberg said:

welcome. glad to have you attend. we'll be doing several hardware projects (mine is replacing a bad I/O chip).

Computer Fest SE, huh? See a TI-99/4a setup there? a friend of mine Mark, I think he did it this year, had a large TI-99/4a setup with PEB and a TI 99/4.

acadiel and OLD CS1 were at VCFSW too. 

• Like 1

Hackerspace work night report:

We tried out Zoom at the Hackerspace. Amanda installed the Zoom app on a Galaxy 10 phone. That's our camera/mic. Using wifi and DC power. The picture was good in the classroom lighting. Sound was ok. I think I can scrounge up a Bluetooth headset.  There will be a tripod for the camera.

With Zoom, you can do screen sharing, or yield the sharing privilege to others. 

To join in with Zoom (in August!), use the meeting ID https://zoom.us/j/7707370625

The projector in the classroom is history. There is a projector in the lounge, but it's set up for playing video games from the couch. 

The classroom has a 60" LCD with all the inputs (RF,VGA,HDMI,Composite) and another 37" LCD.

There are two huge whiteboards on one wall.

Danny was doing air conditioning maintenance last night. So it should be running at tip top. We also have big-ass fans (not actually those ones)

A couple Hackerspace members expressed interest in attending.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:29 AM, hloberg said:

send it to me. if you want to add the software for the BBS I have space for it.

It’s been a busy week.  All of us got sick at the house.  I will get the new version of OOEYGUI compiled and sent over to include on the disk.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:25 AM, hloberg said:

you know, I been toyed on adding the MSX1 to the TI-99 variants emulation list. It had the same video chip as the TI-99 line, the sound chip was very similar to TI sound chip but had a z80 processor (like the Colecovision). As for the z80, it's rumored that the z80 was once considered for the ti99 before they decided to shoehorn the 9900. 

another thing, the BASIC is very much like XB including the use of CALL commands.

what ya think, add it to the DVD?

Also: I want to be sure I added everything MESS/MAME TI-wise.

I have MESS TI-99/4a, TI-99/EV (with 80 column), Gramkraker, P-Card, Geneve with HD, Tomy Tutor

MAME TI99/4 (tape), TI-99/8(Hexbus)

Games, apps, manuals, books

working on Plato

I don't know, is MBX emulated?

Anything I missed and can add?

On YouTube my channel TI99 VIDEOS has many videos related to emulating the TI ranging from MAME to Classic99

• Like 2

I will be hanging out with the CollectorVision peeps at GameOn Expo on Friday, then head to 99/4ATX to hang out Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  Looking forward to meeting some AA folk who do not make it to the Faire.

13 hours ago, ianoid said:

What are the anticipated hours of this event?

Will Friday attendance be lighter than Saturday? I imagine I'll just go for one day since it is local, but I'm trying to figure out the best day to come. 

Hours are Fri from setup at 11am to 9pm though the classroom is open as long as there is a member there.

A lot of displays will be there from Friday morning and the activities will be casual: talking, trying software, repairs, tutorials on any topic that comes up.

Saturday would be the day if you picked just one.

Amanda (Chief Editing Officer), created this Google Form to get a head count. Please fill it out if you are attending! This is especially important for FOOD ORDERS.

That URL is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfocMWQWAdGpaLCdabDmTNCgjJ-7hMJnH2XeVcXk7UX8w86ow/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

11 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Amanda (Chief Editing Officer), created this Google Form to get a head count. Please fill it out if you are attending! This is especially important for FOOD ORDERS.

That URL is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfocMWQWAdGpaLCdabDmTNCgjJ-7hMJnH2XeVcXk7UX8w86ow/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

I'll bring the CDs with the MAME & other stuff Saturday. let me know about how many I need to make by Wednesday, if you can.