IGNORED

Did anyone else get one of these with an original 7800? TIA for your help

original_gamer

post-67077-0-93132100-1557463092_thumb.jpg

This was in the box when I purchased my new (90’s) 7800.

I can’t believe the average end user was supposed to install this.

I tossed it back in the box and never had a problem with my 7800 so it was never opened. My Supercharger works fine as well as every 2600 and 7800 cart that I have tried. Some of the Imagic carts are VERY tight but will go.

Any information will be appreciated. This little mystery has bugged me for quite some time.

Thanks

Ron

post-67077-0-33477900-1557463129_thumb.jpg

post-67077-0-52484000-1557463149_thumb.jpg

You sure this was in the box when purchased, as opposed to a part that a Radio Shack employee recommended you purchase to complement the switchbox or some other related component at the same time you got your 7800, so you threw it in the 7800 box when you got home and it's been there ever since? Would make a lot more sense.

Yeah, the 75ohm and 300ohm inputs... that's old fashioned TV lingo and could be placed (easily by an end user) across the antenna screw terminals on the back of a TV set. 'Input' being the key word here. Certain TV's have such inputs, not the 7800.

Guessing somebody who couldn't figure out how to hook their game system up to an older TV or wanted a cleaner picture, went to Radio Shack for "answers". :lol:

• Like 2

As noted above, it was included with a 75/300 ohm RF switch box sold by radio shack. If you look at one of the pictures in this auction for an NOS switch box, you can see the little resistor packet inside the larger bag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-15-1268-A-TV-Video-Game-Computer-Signal-Switch-75-300-Ohm-UHF-VHF/264305808002

Assuming you were using the 75ohm coax for your antenna, you would have put the resistor across the two 300ohm screw terminals on the end of the box.

Edited by nick3092
  • Like 3

As noted above, it was included with a 75/300 ohm RF switch box sold by radio shack. If you look at one of the pictures in this auction for an NOS switch box, you can see the little resistor packet inside the larger bag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-15-1268-A-TV-Video-Game-Computer-Signal-Switch-75-300-Ohm-UHF-VHF/264305808002

Assuming you were using the 75ohm coax for your antenna, you would have put the resistor across the two 300ohm screw terminals on the end of the box.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner :)

• 2 months later...