IGNORED

SIO2SD question

Have 2 versions of the device ,one from lotharek, the other from a UK vendor, both have cfg s2s v35. File selector works only on 800XL, not on 400 48K or 800.Is this normal?

Aso have pproblem with SIO CFG Error when using Polaroid SD card. San disk PNY and Adata all work fine.

Lotharek has a fixed loader that should work with 400/800s on his webpage. (I have not tried it, just read about it.)

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=58

Look in the files section of the plain SIO2SD.

Tested it, and it works to begin with, but when I browse through sub-folders, it hangs and shows garbage characters on screen.

From the look of the screen it seems like its getting to big a list from the card to buffer on less than 64K, well that's what it looks like, or does it read directly off the card only the number of lines it can show in real time?

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thanks for your suggestions.

It is a SanDisk card, which works like a charm and acts up when the SIO2SD is connected to one of my XLs/XEs. I’ll test with another card.

Edit: I am a documented idiot.

Just to give a check, some of the sio2sd's have had dodgy connectors/cables/wires and have had contacts that were not locked in to the connector. close attention to those areas may reveal the insertion tab is not catching and might need a tweak, or a crimp that needs just a touch more pressure etc...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Idiots usually don’t recognise what they are, so I doubt your analysis is correct in that part.

Trying a new SD card (Toshiba) made music over here. Will run some more test with both cards, and especially connected to the 800. All’s well that ends well.

• Like 1

Idiots usually don’t recognise what they are, so I doubt your analysis is correct in that part.

Trying a new SD card (Toshiba) made music over here. Will run some more test with both cards, and especially connected to the 800. All’s well that ends well.

had an error problem using an old polaroid 1G card, doing a full over write fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, has there even been confirmed tan SIO2SD works in a 400 48k? I have tried all possible settings, including no turbo and no top drive. I am able to get it to load to the menu, then it freezes. This SIO2SD works perfectly in my 800XL.

thanks!

Edited by alortegac