IGNORED

Lock N Chase on the Intellivision is SO much better than the arcade version

i bought Lock N Chase in 1983 and it was one of my favorite Intellivision games but i had never played it in the arcade

so years later i finally played it on the PS3 and on Mame and i have to say the arcade version is not that good at all

i mean the graphics and everything are fine but the time the money bag stays on the screen is insane..you basically have to be

right next it to get it and forget ever trying to reach it if your on the far right or left side of the screen..it really ruins the game

• Like 1

It's not just that the cash bags are there for an extra couple seconds; in the intellivision version, after the first stage, you can use the same pattern in the next seven or eight stages. In arcade LockNchase you need a different pattern for every stage. Not sure if that makes the intellivision version better, I'm not a fan of memorised patterns in video games. Also, the background siren sound is less annoying in the arcade version.

In the arcade version there's a dip switch that increases the speed of objects. I don't think it changes the cash bag time. I haven't played the arcade version much but the faster speed might make the game easier, even though mame labels the dip switch slow-hard.

People have complained about the poor controls with Intellivision LockNchase. I played it a lot in 1982, maybe I just got use to it, or maybe it's worse in emulation. And no, the 8k version does not improve the controls.

In a lot of cases people will prefer the version of a game that they played the most and remember best. That's often the home version they owned.

• Like 1

i totally agree with Burger Time being better on the Intellivision..i think the big difference is on the Intellivision version the control of Peter Pepper is so smooth..in the arcade,NES and Coleco versions your control of the chef seems very stiff and you seem to get stuck at times in crucial situations

In the nes version of BT at least (maybe others) you need to be perfectly in line with the level when exiting the ladders or he won't move onto said level. It's makes it difficult to control.

The intellivision version allows to to turn press for the turn before the turn as you can with lock n chase.

I've never had a problem with the controls for lock n chase either. I think it controls very well.