IGNORED

Your Favorite AtariST to Jaguar conversions so far!

Stage_1_Boss

Hey guys,

I never had experience gaming on an AtariST when I was younger so these AtariST ports to the Jaguar are my first experiences, as well as getting me a bit interested in what was available for the AtariST.

So, instead of swamping the official thread with more opinions, I figured I'd ask here; out of the games that have been made available to play so far, which one has been your favorite and (since it'll probably become a part of the conversation as well) if you could only pick one, which would you love to see made playable on the Jag?

For me, it has to be Stunt Car Racer as my favorite game to be ported so far. I'd never played this game prior to the Jag version and I do tend to like Hard Drivin' for the nostalgia, this game seems to be a much better version of that game and feels like it runs well on the Jaguar.

As for something I'd love to see one day, though I've mentioned a few before, I have to say with no console version of Arachnophobia out there, I'd love to see that as an easy to plug in cart to fire up and play.

Thank you for the time and effort put into bringing these to the Jaguar CJ and thank you Gaztee for giving us the option of having these available as carts!

I haven't played every ST game conversion, but so far it's Jeff Minter's Classics and Defender of the Crown.

Out of the games that haven't seen a release, I would be extremely happy with either Carrier Command, Frontier: Elite II, Starglider II or Mercenary.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an RPG on the Jag. I know many RPG's used the keyboard extensively, so maybe something Dungeon Master or Times of Lore. Dungeon Master with in game music would be amazing, although the mouse adapter might be a requirement. Times of Lore is a fun open world action-RPG, designed by Chris Roberts of Wing Commander and Star Citizen fame.

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 1

Git to be Jeff Minter classics for me- wish we could see a volume 2 being done. Then `Star Wars. Honestly, Ive loved everyone of the carts Ive bought since last December: Bubble Bobble, Gauntlet 2, Buonic Commando, Switch Blade, Lopez, Midnight Resistance, Dragon Breed, Xenon 2, Joust, Badlands, Commando, JHL 15 and Commando. Oh crap- thats where all my money went. ? cant wait for Turtles and all the in program games like Cresent Memories and the Reboot stuff. Really want Impossimole but cant afford them all. ?

• Like 1

I've never suggested a game for conversion because i'm never sure how it would translate to the jags controller and I would think that's quite a headache for CJ.

However now that you've opened pandoras box, I always loved microposes Gunship and didn't they do Grand Prix ?

But..... 'Rocket Ranger', 'The 3 Stooges', 'It Came From The Desert', Strider, Hunter, Carrier Command and 'Where Time Stood Still' before the end of the day would be great :twisted: ;)

( And don't forget we've unleashed the pain stick now )

Edited by saboteur

Thus far I only have Xenon 2, and Impossamole. So far, X2 is my favorite. But then again, I have a love for run and gun shooters. Even though I generally suck at them lol. But I'm drooling over Star Wars.

Xenon 2 is not a run and gun game.

I like something about most all of the ST Ports, but two have really surprised me;

-Loopz: The first time i saw this i was like "great another boring puzzle game with bad graphics." Now i'd say it's one of my favorite jaguar games period. So fun, so addicting, and such a high quality port. Even the music is good. Reccomend this to anyone who likes fun videogames, puzzle or no.

-Badlands: Reminds me a lot of Off-Road, which i used to play in arcades and on NES as a kid, but even more fun and playable in many ways; really enjoy this one!

Also---Gauntlet--4 player anyone?

The Jeff Minter Collection

Joust---so good

Just too many good ones to list really...

• Like 2

I have most of the ST ports and the two I play the most are Badlands and Star Wars. The Off-Road/Mad Max style of Badlands is way too much fun and the mouse support on Star Wars is amazing. I also love some of the extras that have been put into the ports like the ability to select the different audio modes in Joust and the addition of arcade sounds in Star Wars. A lot of love went into these ports and I really appreciate having them in my collection. I did have to pass on a few for financial reasons but will definitely acquire them at some point.

• Like 1

I interested in getting some of these for the Jag (although I have a huge library of ST software and an STE right next to my Jag). Have the Jag ports been updated in anyway (music, sound, speed to run faster than 8mhz), or do they run the same as on the ST? I don't need to pay $70 for a game I can boot up and play already on the STE, but I'd love to have some of them for the Jag.

I interested in getting some of these for the Jag (although I have a huge library of ST software and an STE right next to my Jag). Have the Jag ports been updated in anyway (music, sound, speed to run faster than 8mhz), or do they run the same as on the ST? I don't need to pay $70 for a game I can boot up and play already on the STE, but I'd love to have some of them for the Jag.

I can't answer with details other than yes, some of them run faster and some of them feature arcade sound. Heck, Joust pretty much features all the sounds.

For the most part, CJ has described any differences from the ST versions in the various threads here. Some games w/Amiga music, others w/arcade samples, others with routines running on GPU for improved speed, etc. Just gotta do your homework.

Hands down it has to be Xenon 2 for me, but then anything Bitmap Brothers I am a sucker for, beautiful games. My least favourite Bitmap Brothers title was Cadaver, but the rest were gold! Speedball 2 or Gods anyone...drool!

It's your lucky week!

• Like 1