IGNORED

Champ Games NEW 2600 Homebrew!

GALAGA for the ATARI 2600
BY CHAMP GAMES
CHAMP GAMES REVEAL IN TWO DAYS!
ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing the brand new WORLD EXCLUSIVE 2600 homebrew from the powerhouse studio of Champ Games this Wednesday on our Twitch Livestream!
This new homebrew comes from John Champeau, the developer behind incredible ports such as Mappy, Lady Bug, Scramble, Super Cobra Arcade, Wizard of Wor Arcade and Conquest of Mars!
What it could be? Another classic arcade port? A completely original game? What is your guess?
TUNE IN ON WEDNESDAY AT 11AM PT / 2PM ET / 7PM GMT TO THE ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW TWITCH LIVESTREAM TO FIND OUT!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 8

The hockey game he's referenced before? Go Canes BTW.

I don't think it's going to be the Hockey Game for a few reasons. He just posted today that "this is a completely new game that was started at the end of March." and also that Champ Sports Hockey was first posted about on February 17, 2019 on their FB page and that they started working on it "back in 2001". It was going to be my top guess as well but it seems that is ruled out!

Timber!! That's definitely a game that is ripe for a 2600 port and very doable from what I've seen of the game. I think that's an eventuality at some point.

It's Othello... the pieces are finally round!

I personally wish it would be Timber, but I know that isn't it. I'm hoping it's a release date for Zoo Keeper.

Timber!! That's definitely a game that is ripe for a 2600 port and very doable from what I've seen of the game. I think that's an eventuality at some point.

I would personally fund the commissioned art work if this becomes a possibility! As a resident of Portland OR... and considering the PORTLAND expo... pretty pretty please Champ Games?

This is a brand new secret unrevealed game, so for any game he's already revealed... that's not it. :-) It's not Zoo Keeper, Elevator Action, Champ Sports Hockey, Rip Off, Avalanche or Wizard of Wor although all those WIP games are coming!

As for Zoo Keeper, John Champeau just posted today that "Zoo Keeper is up next once Wizard of Wor Arcade is finished and released. The 'secret game' is 95% complete as well so we may push to finish that as we wait for the WoW sounds to be complete and the multi-tap spec to be finalized. :)"

I thought he was working on Zoo Keeper next but if not that, maybe Elevator Action or the hockey game I've heard he wants to do. Any of those I'd be happy with as long as we get all 3 eventually! And by eventually I mean in the next couple of years. Is that too much to ask? Probably.

• Like 2

It's Akka Arrh!

I had to google it and watch a video because I've never heard of it. Can't make head or tail of what the heck's going on in that game! Guess we'd need a trackball if it was, which given that AtariAge released a bunch of trackball games recently, I suppose it could be. Hmmm, not sure what I think about that prospect.

This is a brand new secret unrevealed game, so for any game he's already revealed... that's not it. :-) It's not Zoo Keeper, Elevator Action, Champ Sports Hockey, Rip Off, Avalanche or Wizard of Wor although all those WIP games are coming!

As for Zoo Keeper, John Champeau just posted today that "Zoo Keeper is up next once Wizard of Wor Arcade is finished and released. The 'secret game' is 95% complete as well so we may push to finish that as we wait for the WoW sounds to be complete and the multi-tap spec to be finalized. :)"

Ooh, interesting. Something to get excited about on a Wednesday. That doesn't happen often.

• Like 1

Tron, and it comes with a new-fangled 2600 three button gamepad. :grin: Button 1: rotate left, button 2: rotate right, button three: fire

P.S. These crazy guesses mean I have no idea...so many to choose from. Maybe Spelunker FAIK