IGNORED

Champ Games NEW 2600 Homebrew!

Never been mentioned yet? Hmmm..

Well, Champ is an arcade sucker like much of us. :) So my question is it a VCS redo? Or is it totally new? If it's a redo, I'll throw my hat in for Pengo, Popeye, or even Zaxxon. If new, I'd say maybe Rally-X, Moon Cresta, or Galaga. :P

• Like 1

it's Baby Pacman. You need two carts, two TVs and two Atari's. One is a cart for the pacman maze and the other cart is a hack of video pinball. They daisy chain via the cable connectors. You can daisy chain a third Atari and a save key for your high scores. I'm psyched for this!

• Like 1

So, with all this "completely new" talk, does this mean 1) has not beeen on the 2600 before in any version or 2) has never existed anywhere before?

There are still a number of original retail 2600 arcade ports that could use the same redone treatment that Super Cobra, Asteroids, Pac, and Warlords, etc. got. But what I meant by completely new is a game that was never ported to the VCS.. like Galaga, Crush Roller, or Armor Attack. etc. :)

• Like 2

I don't think it's going to be the Hockey Game for a few reasons. He just posted today that "this is a completely new game that was started at the end of March." and also that Champ Sports Hockey was first posted about on February 17, 2019 on their FB page and that they started working on it "back in 2001". It was going to be my top guess as well but it seems that is ruled out!

There are still a number of original retail 2600 arcade ports that could use the same redone treatment that Super Cobra, Asteroids, Pac, and Warlords, etc. got. But what I meant by completely new is a game that was never ported to the VCS.. like Galaga, Crush Roller, or Armor Attack. etc. :)

Champ guy said "Completely New" as well and Mr. ZeroPage mentioned new arcade or completely original in the first post. So I don't know what to expect.

Moon Cresta or Galaga would be amazing! Maybe he's heard me mention how much I'd love Galaga for the 2600 but I've been told that it would be unbelievably hard to do convincingly with the hardware limitations. I bet people never thought he'd be able to pull off Mappy thought!! ;-)

Never been mentioned yet? Hmmm..

Well, Champ is an arcade sucker like much of us. :) So my question is it a VCS redo? Or is it totally new? If it's a redo, I'll throw my hat in for Pengo, Popeye, or even Zaxxon. If new, I'd say maybe Rally-X, Moon Cresta, or Galaga. :P

• Like 1

Hmm... 1981.. Midway...

Ms. Pacman, Galaga, Defender, Bosconian, Gorf, Omega Race, Kick, The Adventures of Robby Roto!, New Rally-X, Solar Fox

A lot of those have already been ported for Atari 2600 leaving.... Galaga, Kick and The Adventures of Robby Roto!

- Galaga: I wish!!

- The Adventures of Robby Roto! looks like a 6 year old drew Dig Dug from memory, a poor memory. I'm not sure this game should be brought back to life? Probably better to just play Dig Dug.

- Kick: Looks like this has been attempted a number of times. Probably the best contender from 1981 Midway

Something from Midway? Possibly from '81?

like Galaga, Crush Roller, or Armor Attack. etc. :)

Crush Roller/Make Trax. I'm a sucker for a good maze game and that would be an awesome candidate. Judging by what Champ did with Ladybug, I'd bet Crush Trax could be amazing.

• Like 1

I suspect I know what it is actually. I know Nathan does many of the graphics for these arcade homebrews. I imagine he and John start to bounce ideas off each other, Nathan does some sample graphics, then John runs with them. Before you know it they have the beginnings of another arcade port. I also know there are 3 games Nathan has always wanted to see a faithful home version of. One of those games is Bosconian, which Draconian does an amazing job simulating. But for as long as I've known him, the game at the top of his list has always been Battlezone. Since the 2600 already has both a good Battlezone port and Robot Tank, the only logical choice is:

Bradley Trainer.

• Like 1

Tron, and it comes with a new-fangled 2600 three button gamepad. :grin: Button 1: rotate left, button 2: rotate right, button three: fire

P.S. These crazy guesses mean I have no idea...so many to choose from. Maybe Spelunker FAIK

BTW, did a little looking and this TRON setup could actual work on a 2600 if it was coded for an Amiga 3-button mouse. LOL. I believe this is the only controller sold in bulk quantity that uses all three possible fire button pins on the 2600 while keeping all four joystick directions. Maybe the rare three-button Atari mouse, as well.