IGNORED

Champ Games NEW 2600 Homebrew!

I clicked it and they're playing "The Horde".. I guess I'm not too used to stuff being "live' on the internet (as in you gotta catch it at the time, or you miss it). I always think it's on-demand. :lol:

Once they're done you can rewatch from the beginning via videos. Eventually it'll be posted to the ZPH YouTube channel.

• Like 1

Moon Cresta or Galaga would be amazing! Maybe he's heard me mention how much I'd love Galaga for the 2600 but I've been told that it would be unbelievably hard to do convincingly with the hardware limitations.

Ever notice the enemy attack patterns in Pleiades? I haven't looked at the code, but the enemies look like they move by consecutive predetermined coordinates. You could set up various x-y tables to simulate any movement pattern you want, and you'd get a pretty decent, though choppy, approximation of Galaga's attack patterns.

Of course that's a bit moot now. :D I missed this stream, but I'm sure this version works way better. Can't wait to check it out.

Ok watched it.

a. WOW man that is awesome man.. to see a Galaga like that on the VCS. I keep saying it but you guys are the de-facto CHAMPs of the VCS arcade scene. :) It friggin looks great. Even has the high score music!

b. That said, it was kind of embarrassing to see a person saying they love Galaga, yet don't know about your ship coming back on the next stage after it attacks you. :lol: But hey, live stream, all in good fun. :P

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll be purchasing as well! But, but, but... we already have this for the 7800. Still, looks and sounds great for the VCS and I bet in some ways, it'll be better or more fun to play than the commercial 7800 release. ;)

Not that I'm biased or anything :roll: but I've been playing this and the 7800 back-to-back, and I think that John's version plays better. Also, it's more feature-complete with the arcade version, and will have more gameplay modes.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 6

IT WAS GALAGA!

Thank you so much John Champeau at Champ Games or making my dreams come true with being the first person in world to be able to play Galaga on the Atari 2600. It really blew my mind when that title screen came up, it was such an amazing honour to have the world premiere of your game on the show.

Not only is it Galaga on the Atari 2600, a game that had been long dismissed as impossible to port, it's an INCREDIBLE version of Galaga! Thank you so much for making this game for the world!

Amazing work by the team of

- John Champeau (Coding & Design)

- Nathan Strum (Art & Graphics)

- Ross Keenum (Music & Sounds)

post-37205-0-00831000-1557965418_thumb.jpg post-37205-0-20555300-1557965426_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 15

You were right with Galaga! :-) You win 20 Internet points, redeemable at all websites!

There are still a number of original retail 2600 arcade ports that could use the same redone treatment that Super Cobra, Asteroids, Pac, and Warlords, etc. got. But what I meant by completely new is a game that was never ported to the VCS.. like Galaga, Crush Roller, or Armor Attack. etc. :)