IGNORED

Which Pokemon Game Has the Most Legendaries?

One of my favorite parts about playing Pokemon HeartGold on the Nintendo DS was the game's post content. More specifically, I'm referring to the number of legendaries you could catch. Over the past few years, I sort of lost track of Pokemon games and since I played HeartGold to death, I didn't feel the need to play another one of those. That said, I really want to get back into the series, so I recently got Ultra Sun and I just started playing Alpha Sapphire. My question is simple, but I can't really find a straight answer: which Pokemon game has the most number of legendaries. I know some of the latest Pokemon games have a ton of legendaries, but you can only get one of two per version and you need both of those to get a third or something awfully specific like that. What I was wondering is, which game has the most legendaries if you only play one version and you do no trading at all. If my memory serves me right, HeartGold had Mewtwo, the three dogs, the three birds, Lugia and Ho-Oh and more, I want more of that and I was wondering if I'm going to be disappointed with Alpha Sapphire and Ultra Sun. Thanks in advance!

I can't answer the legendaries part because I just am not insane enough to go that deep into the franchise for play. But I can answer something else about Ultra Sun (and Moon.)

Even if it doesn't have a huge stable of them, the game is unique among Pokemon titles and is the only reason I actually kept it after getting a deal buying it last year for 1/2 off. The game totally took the very played out 20 year old formula of the single player mode and scrapped a lot of it. You don't just have the same image swapped wash rinse and repeat of wander, solve, gym, badge, etc, final four and post game it's over with the very thin story to string it along. Ultra Sun has more ties to a traditional JRPG than classic Pokemon in style. Yes you still do the gym badge style thing, but in a different way earning the badge of sorts from each island in the chain. The game has a progressive story that keeps you fully engaged instead of just the passive gotta catch em all and badges too. Much unfolds, substories around the primary too. You don't just deal with trainers making road kill of them, now you have other nastier harder battles, and better yet Totem Pokemon which are jacked up boss versions of the standard stuff in almost dungeon like little arenas of sorts in the wild.

Even if it's not fat on legendaries, the unique qualities of the game is enough to keep even someone like me who was done and fed up with the old style games actively interested in it as it finally felt fresh for the first time in 20 years. I only hope going forward they use this newer more creative story telling and active layers of plots and stories to drive it and the rest as it make the games far more fun and approachable without feeling like a bad re-run. Alpha Sapphire though, that one is more stock standard in style, so you could probably dig your answer up fairly quick and known what to expect in that game since it's more traditional.

• Like 1

here's what I found on that- https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/Legendary_Pokemon

but to echo @Tanooki, Ultra Sun/Moon in my opinion is the definitive Pokemon game for the 3DS generation- there is absolutely tons of stuff to do and personally I like the 'trial' format way better than 'go to city, fight leader, get badge'.

Plus Team Skull cracks me the heck up with how dumb they are, lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ultrasun/moon gets my vote as best ever. It's largely the same old game with a ton more polish to it. The world isn't a total grid anymore, and the trials are a nice twist to the gyms of old. If you like little faniggly stuff, it's got that too, pokepelago, festival plaza, Pokemon refresh, even the rotodex does some stuff.

As for which game has the most legendaries, eh, no idea. I've finished all I've playdd, but never 100% the dex before. Since there's ways to collect unregistered pokemon in the sun/moon games, potentially it could have all of them, but while I might try to 100% the pokedex, I doubt if bother with the rest of them (maybe 100% the alola dex unlocks a world dex?)I

(Edit) if you like Pokemon games, I'd say stay away from the switch one. It may be pretty, but kits basically red/blue with the main gameplay element removed from it.

Edited by Video

• 1 month later...

You're talking about SoulSilver and HeartGold right?  Last weekend I bagged a pokewalker in fantastic shape included in a bag of various generation gb titles (no pokemon oddly.)  I've been thinking up snapping up SoulSilver again as I had it back in the day because of that pick up.  It could be fun to investigate it a bit since I don't have a big DS library since I basically buy local.