IGNORED

Power base mini and clone consoles

I have a retron 3 and noticed minor graphical glitches on pretty much all master system games. I am using a power base mini. I gave also seen the same thing in videos for the retro trio plus and mini gen HD. Is this a power base mini bug or do all of these clones have the same bug? Has anyone tried another converter with these clones? Same results? Different?

The power base converter is just a pinswap, it does no processing on its own, nor does any variant of it. If you're having issues, it's due to the clone console itself. SOAC clones are known for minor glitches, it's just a matter of your tolerance for them.

I know it's just a pass through but Genesis tends to run very smooth so I found it weird that sms games so consistently had those minor glitches. That being said I threw a lot of sms games and it did play everything except afterburner and cloud master.

Edited by envytomdead2

All those clones most likely use the same faulty GoaC that's doing something to the Master System games.

I think I am beginning to realize all of these clone systems are relatively the same. If I want flawless master system a modern tv, I am going to have to go with the mega sg or an emulation based solution like the retron 5. That being said the glitches are pretty minor.

I think I am beginning to realize all of these clone systems are relatively the same. If I want flawless master system a modern tv, I am going to have to go with the mega sg or an emulation based solution like the retron 5. That being said the glitches are pretty minor.

Agreed on all counts.