IGNORED

Stella-thon 12 Hour Gaming Marathon Fundraiser!

ZeroPage Homebrew

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

UPDATE!

I want to thank David Flemming (@ozyr) of Packrat Video Games for his generous donation of a copy of Astronomer for the auction, the LAST copy of the game available! Astronomer will be complete in box and is numbered #40/40! Thank you so much David!

Also, I'm happy to announce that we will be having video callins during the marathon from community members! So far we the people that will be calling in are:

Darrell Spice Jr., Dan Kitchen, John ChampeauThomas Jentzsch (maybe) + more!!

Stay tuned for more exciting announcements !!

sounds like its going to be good, I got it up on my community calendar  on AVC Online (As Stella-thon for lack of a better name)

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Stella-thon, love it!! Thanks for putting it up in your community calendar Dan!

no problem always glad to help I also got on my Jaguar community  United yahoo group calendar and I mentioned in the monthly e-mail as well that goes out to members (as yahoo doesn't send out notices anymore)

32 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

Noticed you changed the date I'll have to update the date on my website and send out notices

Yes, sorry, the date was changed about a week ago to give us more time to prepare.

It's on July 12th, for 12 hours, starting at 12PM PT (Noon) going until 12AM PT (Midnight). ;-) Very easy to remember now!

51 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Yes, sorry, the date was changed about a week ago to give us more time to prepare.

It's on July 12th, for 12 hours, starting at 12PM PT (Noon) going until 12AM PT (Midnight). ;-) Very easy to remember now!

no big I changed it on my website thought I had it on yahoo group as well but didn't it was in our monthly e-mail  so I just sent an e-mail to the group with correction. enjoyed the show today I went back to where I missed (went past most of the talk at start and went to first game).
btw for those in Central time  zone its more like 2pm CT going  onto 2AM CT (thats the times I put on the website and e-mails for the stella-thon)

• Like 2

Just a question, because I'm not familiar with how Twitch works. Will Twitch store all 12 hours of the stream or do you plan to store a full recorded copy locally and upload to Youtube? I may end up missing parts of the stream due to work. It'd be great to be able to catch up on missed parts after the event.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, azure said:

Just a question, because I'm not familiar with how Twitch works. Will Twitch store all 12 hours of the stream or do you plan to store a full recorded copy locally and upload to Youtube? I may end up missing parts of the stream due to work. It'd be great to be able to catch up on missed parts after the event.

I don't believe there will be an issue with Twitch storing all 12 hours of the stream in one video. For the YouTube archive I will be dividing the Stella-thon into 4 sections of ~3hr blocks.

• Like 3

UPDATE: During last night's ZeroPage Homebrew livestream, @Nathan Strum let me know that he talked to Chris Walton and Chris' homebrew games (Chetiry, Juno First, Star Castle Arcade, Hunchy, Hunchy II) will now also be pre-loaded on the amazing Retron 77 auction item!!

The items keep getting better and better! Thanks Nathan and Chris!

LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL THE 12 HOUR STELLA-THON!!

• Like 4

UPDATE: Wow, another name added to the list for the Retron 77 auction piece! Manuel Rotschkar's homebrew binaries (Colony 7, Crazy Balloon, Gunfight, Seawolf, Star Fire) will also be included on the item!! Thank again @Nathan Strum for reaching out to all these great developers!!

Here's the list of developers and games SO FAR that will come pre-loaded on the Retron 77:

Oscar Toledo G., Thomas Jentzsch:

• Anteater (demo)

Andrew Davie, Thomas Jentzsch:

• Boulder Dash (demo)

Chris Walton, Thomas Jentzsch :

• Star Castle Arcade

Thomas Jentzsch:

• Jammed
  • RAM Pong
  • Robot City (1k minigame)
  • Robot City (2K)
  • SWOOPS!
  • The Stacks (WIP)
  • Three.s
  • Thrust+ Platinum

Darrell Spice, Jr.:

• Draconian
  • Medieval Mayhem
  • Space Rocks
  • Stay Frosty
  • Stay Frosty 2

Chris Walton:

• Chetiry
  • Hunchy 2
  • Juno First

Manuel Rotschkar:

• Colony 7
  • Crazy Balloon
  • Gunfight
  • Seawolf
  • Star Fire

• Like 3

UPDATE: More developers and games added to the Retron 77 auction package from Nathan Strum!

Andrew Davie:

• Qb

Oscar Toledo G.:

• Space Raid

John W. Champeau:

• Conquest of Mars
  • Lady Bug
  • Mappy
  • Scramble
  • Super Cobra Arcade

Also, the previous update should read 'Aardvark (demo)' and not 'Anteater (demo)' of course.  ?

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hizzy said:

Will there be a rough schedule of what time the different events will be taking place? I don't know if I can watch the whole thing, but I will try to plan my day around the time each event takes place :)

I'd be hesitant to say exactly what will be happening when but I'll be working on a rough internal schedule that I should be able to release in some form soon. It is completely subject to change of course as I'm not sure how long games will take to beat or get high scores in. ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Awesome Darrell!! I'm preparing the auction item listings today so your post of the pictures are perfect timing! ?

- James

This program looks like it's shaping up to be quite the event! Looking forward to it.

I had a couple questions about the auction items: will they be auctioned off live over the Twitch stream like pbs telethon? Will the items be up in intervals throughout the show?  If so, how do we place a bid?

2 hours ago, McCallister said:

This program looks like it's shaping up to be quite the event! Looking forward to it.

I had a couple questions about the auction items: will they be auctioned off live over the Twitch stream like pbs telethon? Will the items be up in intervals throughout the show?  If so, how do we place a bid?

It's going to be a lot of fun! ? Playing Atari 2600 homebrew, chatting with developers and raising money for Stella!

The auction items will be listed on EBay to make it as easy and straight forward as possible for people to bid and see the bids. We'll be monitoring the items throughout the show and give updates!

• Like 1

We're adding one more thing to the RetroN 77 auction item: printed manuals!

Stella-RetroN77-auction.thumb.jpg.7b291a84d0625029cf63ee08eddc3ffe.jpg

You've got to have the instructions to play the games, right?

Thanks to Albert, we're including a printed manual for each of the pre-loaded homebrews* that will be on the RetroN 77!

(*Excluding demos, WIPs, and minigames.)

I'm also throwing in some random leftover AtariAge swag. :D 

A huge thank you to all of the programmers who have generously allowed over 30 of their homebrews to be included this auction!

• Aardvark (demo)

• Boulder Dash (demo)

• Star Castle Arcade

Thomas Jentzsch:

• Jammed
  • RAM Pong (minigame)
  • Robot City (2K minigame)
  • SWOOPS!
  • The Stacks (WIP)
  • Three.s
  • Thrust+ Platinum

Darrell Spice, Jr.:

• Draconian
  • Medieval Mayhem
  • Space Rocks
  • Stay Frosty
  • Stay Frosty 2

Chris Walton:

• Chetiry
  • Hunchy 2
  • Juno First

Manuel Rotschkar:

• Colony 7
  • Crazy Balloon
  • Gunfight
  • Seawolf
  • Star Fire

Andrew Davie:

• Qb

Oscar Toledo G.:

• Space Raid

John W. Champeau:

• Conquest of Mars
  • Galaga (demo)
  • Lady Bug
  • Mappy
  • Scramble
  • Super Cobra Arcade

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

A huge thank you to all of the programmers who have generously allowed over 30 of their homebrews to be included this auction!

• Aardvark (demo)

• Boulder Dash (demo)

• Star Castle Arcade

Thomas Jentzsch:

• Jammed
  • RAM Pong (minigame)
  • Robot City (2K minigame)
  • SWOOPS!
  • The Stacks (WIP)
  • Three.s
  • Thrust+ Platinum

Darrell Spice, Jr.:

• Draconian
  • Medieval Mayhem
  • Space Rocks
  • Stay Frosty
  • Stay Frosty 2

Chris Walton:

• Chetiry
  • Hunchy 2
  • Juno First

Manuel Rotschkar:

• Colony 7
  • Crazy Balloon
  • Gunfight
  • Seawolf
  • Star Fire

Andrew Davie:

• Qb

Oscar Toledo G.:

• Space Raid

John W. Champeau:

• Conquest of Mars
  • Galaga (demo)
  • Lady Bug
  • Mappy
  • Scramble
  • Super Cobra Arcade

This is the only reason I'm interested.:thumbsup:  A lot of my favorites here, plus the WIP and demos...oh baby!  

Thanks to all involved.

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

For the Stella-thon auction, I've added a copy of my first 2 books (The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion: Volume 1 & 2), both of which were autographed in silver on each cover by Ed Fries @Ed Fries(Microsoft, Halo, Halo 2600), Darrell Spice Jr. @SpiceWare (Space Rocks, Stay Frosty 2, Medieval Mayhem), and myself @Arenafoot. Also, volume 2 has been signed by Brock Keaghey @TheMajorHavoc (Nexion 3D) on the Nexion 3D game title page inside the book. All of these autographs were obtained at the 2018 ArcadeExpo/HAAG (Houston Area Arcade Group) last October. Bid high! Bid often!

Good Luck James!

Game On!

Brian

DSCN2906[1].JPG

DSCN2907[1].JPG

DSCN2908[1].JPG

Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 4