IGNORED

Stella-thon 12 Hour Gaming Marathon Fundraiser!

ZeroPage Homebrew

AND........ it's OVER!

Wow, an amazing number of donations and bids for the Stella-thon! Thank you to everyone who donated and bid and a huge thank you to all the incredible people who donated the super successful auction items!

EBay Auction Total: $2074.51 (CAD)

Donations Total: $1000.00 (CAD)

TOTAL: $3075.51 (CAD)

WOW! This blew away all expectations! Thank you to the whole community for such massive support for Stella! This unbelievable amount of donations will help immensely with the continued development of this amazing emulator and tool that we all use!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Prices in US Dollars: 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rantradio/m.html?item=273924178773

:)

..Al

Did I pull the C$?  I thought that I was using darrell's link and pulling US$.

If so, oopsy!  Now that the auction is over, I can't even find the item links...

ETA

Ooh, looks like a lotta late bids came in.  Good job everyone!

$2,356.92 in US$  ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

good job on the stella-thon I was going to donate but forgot,if I find time I will prob go to the stella website and donate that way

Yes, this is a good reminder for me to let people know that if you weren't able to donate or bid on the auctions during the Stella-thon, you can always donate directly to Stella at their website!

https://stella-emu.github.io/donations.html

• Like 1

Wow, this is really a very impressive number. A big thanks to anyone who made this possible! And while the money will help for sure, the positive feedback is worth a lot too!

BTW: If you cannot donate money, maybe you want to donate knowledge and become part of Stella development?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Wow, this is really a very impressive number. A big thanks to anyone who made this possible! And while the money will help for sure, the positive feedback is worth a lot too!

BTW: If you cannot donate money, maybe you want to donate knowledge and become part of Stella development?

10 hours ago, DirtyHairy said:

I second Thomas: this is an impressive number. A big "thank you" from my end to everyone involved, too!

This was definitely a huge community effort!! The amazing people who donated all those incredible auction items, the people who bid on the items and donated money, the game developers who called into the show and of course all the people who tuned in to the Stella-thon and cheered us on at ZeroPage Homebrew while we played great homebrew for 12 hours!!! Of course thank you Stephen Anthony and all the developers who make Stella what it is (@DirtyHairy, @Thomas Jentzsch and many, many more)!!!

This community is AWESOME!

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 5

I shipped the RetroN 77 the other day. It's winding its way to the winner even now. I didn't recognize the person's name, but I hope they post here if they get it okay. (The should... I packed it well enough that you could drop it off a building and it'd be fine.)

I included this with it, printed out on some nice card stock:

Thank-you.thumb.jpg.2779d8928c7df9b3d890428fcf466a01.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Albert said:

That's really awesome how you put that RetroN 77 sheet together!  I love the illustration you created!  I'm sure the system's new owner will greatly enjoy the system and all the games loaded onto it. Thanks for putting that package together!

Thanks for including all of those manuals! I'm sure that's what pushed the auction over the top.

As for the illustration, I've had that one for awhile. ;) 

(I do need to write some more strips now that the RetroN 77 has been turned into something useful.)

• Like 3

Sorry for the belated reply.  Just wanted to shout out a huge THANK YOU to all involved in the 2019 Stella-thon!  I've been contacting contributors and compiling the info for the Credits list, and hope to have that ready to post tomorrow.  And of course I had to sneak in some time to actually work on Stella :)

I will give an update again tomorrow when I get the final list compiled.

Thanks again to everyone,

Steve A.

Stella maintainer

• Like 9

OK, I have the list compiled and updated on the Stella webpage: https://stella-emu.github.io/credits.html

Please let me know if someone has been left out, some detail is incorrect, etc.  There were so many people involved with this fundraiser that it is very easy to forget some detail.  So if you think you should be mentioned, by all means, SPEAK UP.  For all you've done, the very least I can do is correctly add you to this list.

Overall, the experience was much bigger and more successful than I could have imagined. Certainly much more money was raised than I ever thought was possible, and I believe James also mentioned that he got the highest-ever attendance for that particular stream.  So that really goes to show the interest in Stella, and in a 40+ year old console.  Amazing really.  I don't think some of the other consoles out there will have the legs that the 2600 has.

I've gotten the funding straightened away (for the most part; there were some minor issues with Paypal and GoFundMe that are now fixed).  Now in the process of dividing the spoils.  At least one of the Stella team is already looking for new Atari hardware to help with testing :)  So realize that this support goes a long way, and ultimately helps everyone using Stella too.

So, thanks again, from all members of the Stella team:

Steve A. @stephena

Thomas Jentzsch @Thomas Jentzsch

Christian Speckner @DirtyHairy

• Like 10