IGNORED

Could Tutankham be done for the 7800?

SalemFrost7800

I always loved Tutankham and now with the 2 joystick controller from Edladdin for the 7800 Tutankham could be played the way it was mean to be played, with the right joystick firing (like Robotron).

I'm sure the graphics on the 7800 would look better than Colecovision.

post-7957-0-46961100-1558145829.png

Edited by SalemFrost7800

I always loved Tutankham and now with the 2 joystick controller from Edladdin for the 7800 Tutankham could be played the way it was mean to be played, with the right joystick firing (like Robotron).

I always liked that game but even on the Arcade its only firing in the direction you move. I think that is deliberate to make it harder.

As for the 7800s ability, I lack the expertise to judge, but large-map smooth scrolling might be taxing. A worthy candidate, however!

Yeah, sure it could. Just need a dev interested in making it! I've been trying to get someone to make Tapper for the 7800 and an advanced version of Lode Runner (think a dumbed down The Legend Returns) for a while now haha!

Tapper would be great! My fav game
  • Like 1

I see there's no scanner in the Colecovision version (unlike the arcade). That would make things go quicker.

This can absolutely be done on the 7800. Left/Right scrolling is easy.

It looks like there are only 5/6 enemies on the screen at one time, at least in the beginning.

Regarding the twin controller, you know that you can't shoot up or down in this game, right? So the 7800 buttons / joypad are more than adequate for left-right shooting.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 6

I see there's no scanner in the Colecovision version (unlike the arcade). That would make things go quicker.

It looks like there are only 5/6 enemies on the screen at one time, at least in the beginning.

Regarding the twin controller, you know that you can't shoot up or down in this game, right? So the 7800 buttons / joypad are more than adequate for left-right shooting.

I know it only fires left and right but since I have the duel controller I thought it would make it more like the arcade. I actually enjoy playing the 2600 version but can't help but think of how much better it would look on the 7800

Long time fan of the arcade game and most ports, but am I the only one that wouldn't mind a version where 4-way directional shooting was implemented? Wouldn't care that it's not as "arcade accurate" and always wished it was an option in home ports at least. Would especially come in handy on the later levels as the monsters become relentless.

• Like 3

Long time fan of the arcade game and most ports, but am I the only one that wouldn't mind a version where 4-way directional shooting was implemented? Wouldn't care that it's not as "arcade accurate" and always wished it was an option in home ports at least. Would especially come in handy on the later levels as the monsters become relentless.

It would be a cool variation. I remember thinking that it would have been cool on the arcade game, but at the same time thinking then it wouldn't really be Tutankham...My friend and I found the arcade cabinet in a burger place called Burger Inn here in Cheyenne in the late 90's and played a few games, but it hasn't been there in years. Neat seeing it in the wild like that though.

• Like 1

There is the Flash button...

Do you think that a 7800 port of Montezuma's Revenge would be feasible? I've always liked that game and thought that it could benefit from better graphics and more forgiving controls/gameplay, but there is a SMS version already so maybe the question is moot.

• Like 1

If it has been ported to older consoles, or contemporary consoles in relation to the 7800, it can be done on the 7800 too.

Keeping in mind the programming, graphical, and music talent as well as motivation of the person(s) working on the port, (cartridge) hardware leveraged, and of course resources and limitations of the system.

Respecting Tutankham, there are ports on the on Atari 2600, Intellivision, ColecoVision.

No doubt, it can be ported to the 7800. It could wind up being excellently or horribly done, or somewhere in-between.

See games like "Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest" and "Rikki & Vikki" for leaning towards 'Master System-like' results.

See games like "Double Dragon" or "Title Match Pro Wrestling" leaning towards (poorly done) '2600-like' results.

• Like 2

Do you think that a 7800 port of Montezuma's Revenge would be feasible? I've always liked that game and thought that it could benefit from better graphics and more forgiving controls/gameplay, but there is a SMS version already so maybe the question is moot.

I'd love a conversion of that. And I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible either or couldn't be noticeably improved. It's on just about every lower platform already. It doesn't scroll. It doesn't have many enemies. The graphics and sound aren't sophisticated.

• Like 1