IGNORED

odd activision ski patch

mr.bill

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of these. I didn't get them directly from Activision, so I cannot say for sure if they are original or a reproduction. My guess is that it really is vintage. My guess is that Activision did a very early run of skiing patches. Maybe the very first run of patches they ever did. This may be from that run. I can't prove it, but that is my strong hunch.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:56 AM, Rom Hunter said:

Thank you for the link ROM. They don't look exactly the same to me, but you are probably right.   My thought was since Skiing was the first patch ever done by Activision that this could be an exception. Side note: some of you may be thinking that Dragster was the first patch. But Dragster originally had only a certificate for the award. The patch for Dragster came later. Dragster was the only Activision game that had a certificate. It was personalized in the name of the player and the player's Dragster time typed in on the certificate on an old typewriter by hand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D.Yancey said:

Thank you for the link ROM. They don't look exactly the same to me, but you are probably right.   My thought was since Skiing was the first patch ever done by Activision that this could be an exception. Side note: some of you may be thinking that Dragster was the first patch. But Dragster originally had only a certificate for the award. The patch for Dragster came later. Dragster was the only Activision game that had a certificate. It was personalized in the name of the player and the player's Dragster time typed in on the certificate on an old typewriter by hand.

I did not know that. This has been a great thread. Do you have a Dragster certificate? I've never seen one.

• Like 1