IGNORED

Speedball 2 and Fantasy World Dizzy now available to Pre-Order!

Albert

We've just added two new Atari Jaguar titles to the AtariAge Store! We're proud to reveal that Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe and Fantasy World Dizzy are now available to pre-order. Each game includes a high-quality, professionally printed box, manual and label. Fantasy World Dizzy (like Treasure Island Dizzy before it) is limited to 250 copies. We will ship these pre-orders as soon as printing has been completed for the boxes, manuals and labels.  Order today to make sure you're among the first to enjoy them!

Jaguar_Speedball2_News.jpg Jaguar_FantasyWorldDizzy_News.jpg

Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe

It's been two years since the last ball was thrown on a Speedball pitch. There are new teams, new stadia, and new rules. The arena is bigger, the players are tougher, and the action is faster than ever before.

The challenge is this: take control of Brutal Deluxe, the worst team in Speedball history, and turn them into champions.

Speedball 2 is a different ball game!

Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe is a video game based on a violent futuristic cyberpunk sport that draws on elements of handball and ice hockey, and rewards violent play as well as goals. The concept of the game is very reminiscent of the 1975 film Rollerball. The original game was developed by Bitmap Brothers and is one of their most successful titles. Originally released for the Atari ST in 1990, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe has been ported to a variety of additional systems and has finally made it's way to the Atari Jaguar!

Speedball 2 is our first 6MB Atari Jaguar cartridge! Most Jaguar carts are 2MB or 4MB in size. We have some additional 6MB games in the works as well.

Fantasy World Dizzy

Dizzy & Daisy strolled through the enchanted forest without a care in the world... But suddenly the Evil King's trolls seized poor Daisy! She was sent to the Wizards Weird's Tallest Tower, while Dizzy was dragged away and thrown into the deepest, darkest, dankest of the King's Dungeons in the bowels of Fantasy World.

Dizzy was frightened! Who knew what fate awaited him...and he still hadn't done this week's homework! But then he remembered that he had a fresh green apple that he had planned to give to his teacher to escape detention, and he cheered up. And there was some bread and water on the table!

A cunning plan began to brew in his mind...
Dizzy and The Yolkfolk are characters created by the Oliver Twins, and these characters would appear in many games during the 8 and 16-bit eras. Most of their appearances were in multi-screen platform adventure puzzle games, however, they also appeared in some great arcade games as the title characters.

Slowly, over the course of the series, we learn more about this odd little family and help them out of the tricky situations they find themselves in by visiting the many varied locations of their magical world.Fantasy World Dizzy is our second Dizzy release, following on the heels of Treasure Island Dizzy, which is still available for purchase (get it while supplies last, though!)

Learn more about Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe and Fantasy World Dizzy today!

• Like 12

Loved Speedball 2 :)

I was a big fan of the amiga version...

Only one question : Are all the save features of computer version available on Jaguar ?

The page in the store says you can save your current game, makes no other mentions. I'm sure Al or CJ can clarify the save capabilities.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention initially that Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe is our first 6MB Atari Jaguar cartridge! Most Jaguar carts are 4MB or 2MB in size. We have some additional games in the works that will also be 6MB in size. :)

..Al

I think a few people just got a little moist and i include myself, a non-Jaguar owner

So, your basically saying...If you think Speedball 2 is awesome news, you have seen nothing yet...

You little tease you

• Like 2

I forgot to mention initially that Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe is our first 6MB Atari Jaguar cartridge! Most Jaguar carts are 4MB or 2MB in size. We have some additional games in the works that will also be 6MB in size. :)

..Al

Other than the obvious size increase... are there a bunch of games that could now potentially fit that were a no go before?

Great to finally be able to announce these two. So many people have asked about them, or requested them and I haven't been able to say anything!

Thanks to all for the kind words and continued support, and very special thanks to Mike Montgomery and both Philip and Andrew Oliver for again making these releases possible.

Now, let's crack on and get eggcited for Brutal Deluxe - Winning the Leage and Cup will make them Dizzy! (Groan!) :D

• Like 3