IGNORED

DOOM - Podcast Tribute on this Classic FPS. Jag Version Covered!

Adriano Arcade

DOOM! Is this amazing game the best and / or most important FPS of all time? We here at Arcade Attack think it might be and have decided to share our opinions, views and stories about this classic id game in our latest podcast!
We also look at the games development, controversies and where the series may take us in the future.... most likely Hell! I also spend quite a bit of time looking at the Jag port of this game and how it is often regraded as one the best console-ports ever made.
If you decide to give us a cheeky listen, we would eternally grateful and humbled. We aim to make our weekly pods friendly and fun.

• Like 2

Thank you! It is certainly a great port! I hope you enjoyed our ramblings!!! :)

You guys are fun to listen.Cool podcast :thumbsup:

Germany's ban on Doom was not lifted until 2011 btw it was more about the gore than anything.

I asked to my shrink about violence and videogames and he said there's no relation between the two. I mean i love ultra violent games but hate real violence...

You can also spill your anger in video games rather than real life.

I think however getting frustrated in an addicting relationship with a game could breed violence Ex: people stabbing eachother for a game of Counter Strike but even then you'd have to bear some issues first.

Columbine kids were sociopaths cultivating a taste for violence.

That's what can happen when you only see the same dude everyday so your ideas are isolated of society's norm validating each others' dark thoughts and desires like some sort of circlejerk(you discover these ideas at that age too)...

Also compassion and introspection aren't fully formed in teen's minds.They can kick in late.

Edited by DoTheMath
  • Like 2

You guys are fun to listen.Cool podcast :thumbsup:

Germany's ban on Doom was not lifted until 2011 btw it was more about the gore than anything.

I asked to my shrink about violence and videogames and he said there's no relation between the two. I mean i love ultra violent games but hate real violence...

You can also spill your anger in video games rather than real life.

I think however getting frustrated in an addicting relationship with a game could breed violence Ex: people stabbing eachother for a game of Counter Strike but even then you'd have to bear some issues first.

Columbine kids were sociopaths cultivating a taste for violence.

That's what can happen when you only see the same dude everyday so your ideas are isolated of society's norm validating each others' dark thoughts and desires like some sort of circlejerk(you discover these ideas at that age too)...

Also compassion and introspection aren't fully formed in teen's minds.They can kick in late.

This is great info regarding the Germany game ban! I also agree with your analysis of the Columbine killers - hideous cretins! Thanks so much for your kind words and listening. Feel free to subscribe if you wish.