IGNORED

Nice to see a Predator game / tech demo from Gonzo..

Mclaneinc

Found this in my travels, its just a demo but its a really nice version of the C64 original with enemies etc missing but here's hoping it MAY turn into something more than a tech demo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=8jF4xxQZvOk

Link to the thread on Atarionline.pl

http://atarionline.pl/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=4889&page=1#Item_43

Odd, not showing the YT screen..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 6

Had this on the C64 and whilst visually impressive enough and with decent atmosphere, it was very little fun to actually play, espically on tape

How it pulled in a 90% Zzap64 Sizzler award and 80% cover feature review from C.U is questionable.

The Acorn 8 bit home micro's had a technically impressive enough conversion, so feasible enough more could be done with this, but would it be worth it?.

It seems that Zzap!64 revisited the game thrice. First time in 1988 they awarded it 90%, then 85% on the rerelease in 1990 and 40% on the budget (?) release in 1992. That is a rather dramatic drop. 106 people on Lemon64 have voted it to 6.3 of 10, though some complain it is short and that the final boss can't be defeated in the PAL version.

I remember the game well (sadly) but I look at it in the hope that someone develops it, spots the duff bits and changes them.

As for the score, probably more to do with the graphics artist and musician being who they were....Certainly NOT a 90% game...Probably around the 75% mark..

Zapp were good mates with Hugh, very good mates...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Nice but there goes much of the PMG resources just for the Arnie sprite.

Fairly sure I had Predator on the ST - I remember it being an unremarkable and frustrating experience.

But from the A8 perspective it would be a nice gap filler. The last couple of years has been impressive with the ports of Time Pilot, Bosconian and Scramble being great over-achievers.

• Like 4

I remember the game well (sadly) but I look at it in the hope that someone develops it, spots the duff bits and changes them.

As for the score, probably more to do with the graphics artist and musician being who they were....Certainly NOT a 90% game...Probably around the 75% mark..

Zapp were good mates with Hugh, very good mates...

I reached the end of the game, but had no idea how to kill the Predator and soon gave up trying.

I'm sure the double page adverts Activision placed in the press at the time did the review scores no harm either. ..

I'm sure they didn't, more than one way to skin a cat....

Yup as Carlson said, the PAL version had a bug / feature where you could not kill the 'boss', action replay made it possible to see the end but it was not worth the time..