IGNORED

Anyone willing to sell an Atari Jaguar to me for an affordable price?

AndyM1985

Hey everyone,

This message will be somewhat brief, but I was wondering if anyone is looking to sell their Atari Jaguar system to me for an affordable price; roughly for a price range of 80 to 90 bucks.

All I'm asking for is the console, one controller (two would be ideal), ac adapter, and Cybermorph for starters. :D :thumbsup: As for a video source, I'll just use my NES RF adapter...but if you've got some AV cables available for the Jag, that'll be sweet!

Anyway, if anyone can help me out with obtaining myself a Jag than what eBay is offering these days, I'll most sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks, and have a great day!

-AndyM1985

Wow! You're not kidding. What in the world? All the Atari Jaguars are like $200+... I had no idea they've become so expensive. That's crazy...

You better believe it man...they're so sought after these days. If anyone's got one of them they're willing to sell for 80 to 90 bucks, as shown above on this thread, I'll really appreciate it!

Long time member of the community, he deserves to pay far under market value. Someone hook him up instead of selling to a total stranger for way more money!

Thanks man, those prices for the Jag aren’t worth it if they’re just going to be a retro gamer’s “collector” piece. I would love to play and enjoy the Jag experience!

Thanks man, those prices for the Jag aren’t worth it if they’re just going to be a retro gamer’s “collector” piece. I would love to play and enjoy the Jag experience!

I would just say... keep an eye out on eBay. The prices are pretty crazy and high right now... I'm shocked really. I don't remember them being over $100 bucks just a year ago... but I'm sure you'll find one if you just keep an eye out. They made a lot of them.

Long time member of the community, he deserves to pay far under market value. Someone hook him up instead of selling to a total stranger for way more money!

Anyone got a Jag I can have for free? (Worth a shot, right?) :)

• Like 2

You gotta thank You Tubers, it's all their fault.

This whole retro thing got out of control. Can you believe even games people used to think as garbage (I personally don't, love them!) like Double Dragon V and Trevor McFur are getting expensive? Trevor F#cking McFur, man. No one wanted that for free just a couple of years ago.

Amazing, it really is.

BTW, I paid close to 280 bucks on my Jag (with shipping) and thought that was a can't-let-it-pass deal.

You say 200?

At this point I'd call it for free!

Advice to newcomers, buy all your collection while you can, in a few years every single Jag game will cost 150 bucks+.

Edited by marcio_napoli

Jaysus, lads ... the guy just asked ... no need to be nasty :/

@AndyM1985: I guess, everybody would "appreciate" to get a Jag for 80-90 bucks ... but this is quite unrealistic right now. I see two chances ... save some money for a month or two and grab one on eBay. Cybermorph wont bring you the right "Jag-Feeling" in my opinion ... so look for Doom, Wolfenstein, Raiden, Tempest too ... single cartridges shouldn´t be too expensive and the games are great! Don´t go for If you can´t wait that long, look for emulators in the www ...

Good luck, buddy.

Advice to newcomers, buy all your collection while you can, in a few years every single Jag game will cost 150 bucks+.

I'm not sure that's the case because the nostalgia will pass and those that want them will have them. We've seen this with the 2600. You can buy those and the games for pretty much nothing now because of the way nostalgia moves onwards. I for example had huge nostalgia for a pong machine because it's the first console I ever had, few people care about those now and I got one for next to nothing. Same went for the 2600. Someone younger than me might have it for a NES/Master System. As time goes on that'll be a SNES/Megadrive, etc. The Jag, like a few other consoles is in it's sweet spot at the moment of rarity and nostalgia hitting at the same time, hence the frankly silly prices for both the consoles and games. I can only see it going one way long term, and that ain't up. Likewise currently PS3 and 360 games are abundant and cheap as chips. Give them time and the prices of those will start to climb as the nostalgia wave hits that generation.

• Like 2

I can't see Jag stuff (specifically systems) getting cheaper. There's only so much out there (based on how much hardware was actually manufactured) and the system/library doesn't have the nostalgia that pretty much every other system has since it was basically despised back in the day and it's reputation has only got worse thanks to being included on "worst system ever" lists all over the Internet.

By now most of the systems HAVE to be in the hands of (1) the few people who actually like the system (like me) and (2) collectors who just need to have it cuz whatever. I suppose there's also some people holding onto Jags hoping to turn an eventual profit, but that's obviously not going to help prices.

I think it's an issue of scale. I'm sure a ton of people went out and tracked down 2600s as adults in a fit of nostalgia. The difference, though, is that EVERYONE had a 2600 when they kids (slight exaggeration) and so it wasn't hard to just find someone who still had one in the attic, or track one down at a garage sale. That kept reseller prices down, because who would pay a premium if you could just step out your front door and trip over a 2600?

• Like 2

I'm not sure that's the case because the nostalgia will pass and those that want them will have them. We've seen this with the 2600. You can buy those and the games for pretty much nothing now because of the way nostalgia moves onwards. I for example had huge nostalgia for a pong machine because it's the first console I ever had, few people care about those now and I got one for next to nothing. Same went for the 2600. Someone younger than me might have it for a NES/Master System. As time goes on that'll be a SNES/Megadrive, etc. The Jag, like a few other consoles is in it's sweet spot at the moment of rarity and nostalgia hitting at the same time, hence the frankly silly prices for both the consoles and games. I can only see it going one way long term, and that ain't up. Likewise currently PS3 and 360 games are abundant and cheap as chips. Give them time and the prices of those will start to climb as the nostalgia wave hits that generation.

You might be right, the Saturn also seems to go there (at least in Europe). They've started to get to that €100 mark, but thank god this system was a hit in Japan and getting them from there is dirt cheap. It'll take awhile before the ps3 and 360 get really desirable, but supply migh take care of itself with so many 360's still getting the infamous red ring.

To the OP: Change your expectations. The Jaguar has gotten a bit silly in the last couple of years, but decent deals can still be found. Couple weeks ago I paid €150 for one including Tempest and some other games, which is about the same as I paid for my NES if I include the cost of the mods (mainly the RGB mod) I did for it.

• Like 1

A system, two controllers, a PSU, some av cables, and cybermorph for $90? That just doesn't seem fair...For that princely sum I'll throw in Tempest 2000, Rayman, and Doom to get you started off right. And you can come over to my house and boink my sister.

A system, two controllers, a PSU, some av cables, and cybermorph for $90? That just doesn't seem fair...For that princely sum I'll throw in Tempest 2000, Rayman, and Doom to get you started off right. And you can come over to my house and boink my sister.

Geez man, and how much did you pay for your Jag...$250-300! Fair or not, you would be asking for a Jag right now for $90 if you didn’t have one at all today. Sadly, Cybermorph is the only cheapest game out there for the Jag right now unlike all of the other games; plus, not trying to flip it for a profit...I’m only trying to own one for a fair price for crying out loud people! Quite surprised how none of you would help a retro gamer out...like always, I guess it is every man for himself to pay for ridiculous prices.

I go so totally agree with you man! 2600’s are now widely affordable these days; including most of the games. Kind of weird how despite its age, and the games so primitive, that you can obtain a decent sized collection for less than $70-80; give or take.

They cost what they cost, bud.

It doesn't (usually) hurt to ask, but getting all butthurt and guilt-trippy when someone doesn't sell you something for way under market value isn't likely to aid your quest :)

You've just got to bite the bullet and get your wallet out.

Check the marketplace forum here as well, you might find something there, though not for the price you stated.

• Like 2

Jaysus, lads ... the guy just asked ... no need to be nasty :/

@AndyM1985: I guess, everybody would "appreciate" to get a Jag for 80-90 bucks ... but this is quite unrealistic right now. I see two chances ... save some money for a month or two and grab one on eBay. Cybermorph wont bring you the right "Jag-Feeling" in my opinion ... so look for Doom, Wolfenstein, Raiden, Tempest too ... single cartridges shouldn´t be too expensive and the games are great! Don´t go for If you can´t wait that long, look for emulators in the www ...

Good luck, buddy.

Thanks man; I’ll try. The only reason I suggested Cybermorph because it was the cheapest one of the bunch. If I were to obtain a Jag system for those games listed above, then $150-170 would be more preferable. If anyone pays well over when it was retailed back in late 1993, then I kind of feel sorry for you; just saying.

Thanks man; I’ll try. The only reason I suggested Cybermorph because it was the cheapest one of the bunch. If I were to obtain a Jag system for those games listed above, then $150-170 would be more preferable. If anyone pays well over when it was retailed back in late 1993, then I kind of feel sorry for you; just saying.

Ah, so now we're all stupid for paying what they cost? Lol

As a self-proclaimed Retro Gamer, I'm surprised you didn't know how things work.

I'd like to live in your world where prices only go down with time, but that just ain't gonna be so.

• Like 1

It doesn't (usually) hurt to ask, but getting all butthurt and guilt-trippy when someone doesn't sell you something for way under market value isn't likely to aid your quest :)

Check the marketplace forum here as well, you might find something there, though not for the price you stated.

I didn’t mean it that way bud...people are thinking I’m trying to heckle them into buying a Jag for cheap, and flipping it for a profit. I did nicely ask if anyone’s willing to help out, but like I said...I guess it is every man for himself. I know loads of people would agree with me that they’ll want a Jag for $90; no denying on that remark.