IGNORED

Daisy-Dot source code!

Savetz

Roy Goldman sent me the source code for Daisy Dot II, and also the complete registered version of Daisy Dot III (which I don't think was online before.)

I have uploaded these to Internet Archive and now, here!

and this manual https://archive.org/details/DaisyDotIIIUsersGuide/ ... he also sent a couple more manuals that still need to be scanned.

--Kevin

Daisy Dot II Source Code.atr

Daisy Dot III Disk 1 Side A.atr

Daisy Dot III Disk 1 Side B.atr

Daisy Dot III Disk 2 Side A.atr

Daisy Dot III Disk 2 Side B.atr

• Like 20

Hello guys

DaisyDot III was one of the best indeed. I used it a lot. It only had one short coming: There was no way to pause printing at the end of the page. So you either had to use tractor feed paper (which didn't really want to work on my Star LC10) or have DDIII re-calculate all the pages. Which got kinda annoying after a few pages. Small example: If you'd have written a 10 page essay and you wanted to print it on single sheets of paper, you had to follow the following procedure: Have the computer calculate page 1, print page 1, put a new sheet in the printer, have the computer calculate pages 1 and 2, print page 2, put a new sheet in the printer, have the computer calculate pages 1, 2 and 3, print out page 3, etc. Sheet feeders were available, but too expansive for me at the time. And writing the print out to disk probably didn't save any time at all.

I did pay for the registered version. Worth every penny.

And than I bought a Canon BubbleJet printer. Which printed squares instead of dots. :mad:

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 4

So you either had to use tractor feed paper (which didn't really want to work on my Star LC10) or have DDIII re-calculate all the pages.

My Star LC-10C and my Panasonic KXP-1081 both tractor fed OK, was the LC-10 much different to the LC-10C?

Hello Steve

I don't know if the feed system differs, but with my LC-10 it was practically impossible to print more than a few pages at a time. The cogs would skip a hole in the paper and IIRC even make a cut in the paper between two holes. After that the paper would jam.

Sincerely

Mathy

Hey all,

David Richardson, created a large quanitiy of addiotnal fonts for DD3. It's the current PDF manual for DD3 on AtariMania. I was able to find them on an ABBUC mirror site, but Disk 352_A keeps getting errors (164) when trying to copy them elsewhere. I am using MyDOS 4.53/4 under Altirra 2.80. I use to have the collection back in the early 90s, but with moves and bit rot, I've lost the disks. Does anyone have this disk image? Or where to obtain a good copy again?

Hey all,

David Richardson, created a large quanitiy of addiotnal fonts for DD3. It's the current PDF manual for DD3 on AtariMania. I was able to find them on an ABBUC mirror site, but Disk 352_A keeps getting errors (164) when trying to copy them elsewhere. I am using MyDOS 4.53/4 under Altirra 2.80. I use to have the collection back in the early 90s, but with moves and bit rot, I've lost the disks. Does anyone have this disk image? Or where to obtain a good copy again?

I just tested this .atr from my collection before posting it here, and it copied all the files cleanly for me. Hope it does the same for you, too. :)

--Tim

352_A.ATR

• Like 2

I just tested this .atr from my collection before posting it here, and it copied all the files cleanly for me. Hope it does the same for you, too. :)

--Tim

Had to use Spartdos to open this one. Thanks for posting it.

Allan

• Like 1

I'll give it a shot. I went ahead and made a SDX HDD image, and was able to start copying the fonts. My next question is, after all this work to try and use this to actually do some printing, will it actually work with modern printers through an emulator? I've not experimented with printing anything before.

Thanks!