IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - More work on Golf

RSS Bot

So I worked on Golf last night and today some more. The title screen now looks like this:

I learned that MESS widens the TV screen and I needed to make the screenshot 800x600 to see how it would look on a real TV. Went to sleep and got up at 2PM again. Noticed carlsson was having trouble with diagonal movements, so I looked in the code to see how I was controlling movements. It harkened back to the old days of the game where the guy could move anywhere he wanted. So now that he automatically moves, there was no need for a few sections of the code, so I deleted them and diagonal shots work better.

Talked with e5frog, and he said that I can make game sizes up to 62k and still have it working. If you gave me a million years, I probably would never make a 62k Channel F game. My golf game is about 3,500 lines of code, not counting the data for the title screen. And right now it's about 5k. Imagine how many lines of code a 62k game would have! I would like to add a song to the title screen, but the theme of the game is hard to write a song to, I mean, what would a golfing song sound like? Could anyone help me with song composing? Just send me a MIDI. Keep in mind though that there is only one note available at a time, so bass and treble at once is a no-go, and neither are chords. I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-50226000-1558565348.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-15901-more-work-on-golf/