IGNORED

Intellivision SN 90

Number 7 is without box; there are photos here. What's different is the bottom case doesn't have mattel inc stamped in the plastic and has a mattel red circle sticker. The m.e. intellivision text on the gold panel is bigger and doesn't say intelligent television. The controllers do have the top lip.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198812-the-official-intellivision-serial-number-database/page-16

Thanks for all the photos guys.

Thanks for the pics on the 7 unit. That is really cool. It dawns on me that Ive never cataloged all my spare units. I have no idea what I might have packed away.

• 1 month later...

Hey—quick note—in terms of the Space Battle image looking like Battlestar Galactica—that image is by Dave James and he had a whole proposal for a Battlestar Galactica game that eventually became what we know as Space Battle (and done at APh).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, irvinetom said:

Hey—quick note—in terms of the Space Battle image looking like Battlestar Galactica—that image is by Dave James and he had a whole proposal for a Battlestar Galactica game that eventually became what we know as Space Battle (and done at APh).

Do you have access to the original sketches from James and his staff along with game descriptions?  Auto Racing?  Sea Battle? AD&D?

Edited by mr_me

We have a couple (but none of the ones you mention), but not permission to share publicly yet. We've interviewed Ken Smith but he didn't have any of those original documents, and almost no APh-related documents exist (we're still looking). When we get the book manuscript finished (hopefully by November), one thing I want to do is talk to the various folks who have documents, sketches, etc., and get permission to put them online. Things are really scattered and so, so much has been lost. Dennis Smith (Dave Chandler's son-in-law) did us all an incredible service by putting the Chandler documents he found on the Papa Intellivision site—the majority of those documents exist nowhere else so far as I know. So I want to do that for as many other documents, sketches, anything just to things are safe and accessible. Stay tuned and I will do all I can!

• Thanks 2

I think everything I have related to that Battlestar Galactica concept comes from James's personal files. Because he left Mattel early on and was never really part of Mattel Electronics, his stuff never passed on to INTV. I'm so sad I never got to meet Keith, but regularly think of him as I am working because he was such a pack rat. He saved so much that would have been lost otherwise. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...