IGNORED

Authentic printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games

Songbird

Authentic printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming $10 each or $75 for 9, what is your interest in printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games?

• I would totally buy the 9-pack at the discounted price. Go team!
    • I would buy 4+ individual boxes.
    • I would buy 1-3 individual boxes.
    • Thanks anyway, but jewel cases are good enough for me.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Those boxes look pretty nice. However, the Cyber Virus art, while looking good, doesn't really fit the game. I've only ever survived a handful of levels, but I've never seen a jungle, only desert. Is there an alternate consideration?

There are jungle levels in CyberVirus. In fact, the proposed box cover is original art I commissioned for the game many years ago. :)

Now I really want to see the jungle levels. I checked Youtube and only saw 2 videos, the longer of which was just under 8 minutes and only covered levels 3 and 4, which I've played before. I'm surprised no one has done a playthrough or even played further than level 4. How far before you reach a jungle level?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am interested in buying these. The full set.

Artwork looks nice. Big improvement compared to the old boxes. But I think the "Lynx" logo should always be on top of everything, not half hidden like on that CyberVirus box. Also I see the "3D" was dropped from Remnant Planar Wars, and the "Vol.1" from MegaPak.

10 hours ago, Songbird said:

Good news: boxes are arriving tomorrow. Also decided to get some additional additional boxes printed at the same time... do you likey?

Lynx_othello_simis_ttris_medium_shadow_mockup.thumb.png.065ddb9230a33be25d78c1fa102922b8.png

Nice. Looks like I will have to order 2 more.

Do the boxes have a cutout for the case the original game came in? or are they hollow on the inside?

• Like 1

Thanks. Bastian was kind enough to let me produce new batches of SIMIS and T-tris, so I decided to splurge and make boxes at the same time. I don't actually have the carts yet; that's still a couple months away, unfortunately. But I do have the boxes. :) 

All the new Lynx boxes include the pop-up interior box to hold the cartridge and manual. The boxes are on very stiff 16pt cardstock so they should be better than original Atari boxes. I'll get to see them in person today and will post some pics after I try folding a few.

SFX and Ponx are the only boxes I did not print. I just couldn't fit them in with the other designs so it was going to be a lot more money just to get two more boxes printed. But I'll keep those designs on the shelf in case I can combine with other games down the road to justify a new print run.

• Like 1

Orders are now open on the Songbird Productions website! Just look for the two "Lynx game box" entries.

From now until Sep 6, I am going to run special discounted prices on the new boxes:

$10 $9 for individual boxes (you can select one or more boxes using the pull-down on the website)

$79.95 $69.95 for the set of 10 boxes including the newly announced Othello, SIMIS, and T-tris boxes

All boxes will be shipped flat and unglued. I may fold the boxes on one crease to make them fit in the shipping box if necessary. Regular shipping fees apply. After Sep 6, catalog prices will return to their normal levels.

BONUS: if you need to buy some Songbird Lynx games to fill out your collection, you will receive a $5 discount on each Songbird Lynx game ordered direct from the Songbird website from now through Sep 6. And of course all Songbird Lynx games except Ponx and SFX will be shipped with the new boxes going forward; no need to add boxes to the order for a given cartridge, unless you want extra boxes. :) $5 discount will be applied manually after I receive your order.

DOUBLE-BONUS: in honor of the 20th anniversary of Songbird, prices on Lexis, Ponx, and SFX have been discounted by another $10. This is in addition to the $5 manual discount.

Happy gaming!

Carl, it's amazing that 3rd parties like you, Al and Gaztee are producing nicer materials than Atari did! One thing I noticed is that adding boxes to my PP cart brought up a separate browser tab while adding a cart brought up a PP pop-up window. Not a big deal as the carts were synced.

Thanks for the heads-up on the shopping cart thing. It's likely because one is via PayPal buttons and the other is not. Eventually I'll either move all of my inventory to buttons, or -- even better -- a truly integrated shopping cart with inventory management. Just never gets high enough on my list. ;)