IGNORED

Authentic printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games

Songbird

Authentic printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming $10 each or $75 for 9, what is your interest in printed boxes for Songbird Lynx games?

• I would totally buy the 9-pack at the discounted price. Go team!
    • I would buy 4+ individual boxes.
    • I would buy 1-3 individual boxes.
    • Thanks anyway, but jewel cases are good enough for me.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hopefully this pic will help:

image.thumb.png.2036e97998e6e746529448c9437c4ffd.png

You need to fold all the interior perforation lines and score lines as shown above. I have marked in purple where you need to apply either a light coat of glue or double-sided tape. The left narrow edge which needs adhesive is not visible in the photo, so I put a purple line alongside it and an arrow pointing to the end of said narrow edge. You don't need to cover the entire section with adhesive; just enough to make it sticky. And the adhesive should be on the sides facing outward, not inward, as you need the adhesive to stick to the outer box which wraps around the interior box.

If this isn't sufficient, let me know and I can try to do a walk-through with more pics and details.

1 minute ago, Songbird said:

Hopefully this pic will help:

image.thumb.png.2036e97998e6e746529448c9437c4ffd.png

You need to fold all the interior perforation lines and score lines as shown above. I have marked in purple where you need to apply either a light coat of glue or double-sided tape. The left narrow edge which needs adhesive is not visible in the photo, so I put a purple line alongside it and an arrow pointing to the end of said narrow edge. You don't need to cover the entire section with adhesive; just enough to make it sticky. And the adhesive should be on the sides facing outward, not inward, as you need the adhesive to stick to the outer box which wraps around the interior box.

If this isn't sufficient, let me know and I can try to do a walk-through with more pics and details.

This helps. Thank you.

Only one week left for the discounted prices on the new boxes! Check out the post upstream for details.

Also, going forward, if you order any Lynx game direct from Songbird that now has a printed box, the box is automatically included. Eventually I'll update my website with pics to reflect all this, but in the meantime here is the list of games that include boxes as of this writing:

Championship Rally

Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure

CyberVirus

Lexis

Loopz

MegaPak

Remnant

I will be offering a limited run of cart + box for T-Tris, SIMIS, and Othello in the near future, but it is taking some time for me to get new carts built so probably a couple months away.

Is this Songbird's Ebay store?  They have the boxes on their store: 123886778526?hash=item1cd83a389e:g:ExsAAhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Lynx-game-boxes-x10-BRAND-NEW/123886778526?hash=item1cd83a389e:g:ExsAAOSwbIZdYy6V

They also have Zaku: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zaku-Atari-Lynx-Game-BRAND-NEW-with-cart-box-and-manual/123881717389?hash=item1cd7ecfe8d:g:2PsAAOSw4UNce-o5

Most of the prices seem pretty much like Songbird charges except Zaku.

Edited by 7800 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Telegames UK has confirmed receipt of the boxes I sent. I don't see it on their website, so I would recommend you contact them directly if interested. Getting these sets sold quickly will help them see there is a limited demand for these kinds of products going forward.

Also, for those of you who have received the boxes, have you noticed anything unusual on the back covers for certain games? :D

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

Telegames UK has confirmed receipt of the boxes I sent. I don't see it on their website, so I would recommend you contact them directly if interested. Getting these sets sold quickly will help them see there is a limited demand for these kinds of products going forward.

Also, for those of you who have received the boxes, have you noticed anything unusual on the back covers for certain games? :D

You mean the cheat code for a certain space shooter included as an Easter Egg in Lexis?

It's been ages since I've played Championship Rally, but I'm going to have to see what "CAAA" and "Up21" are all about.

I don't know what the "two bonus games" with Loopz could be, unless it's a reference to Match Loopz and Chain Loopz options...

And wait. T-Tris has 8-player comLynx action? I thought that only Slime World allowed that many players...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Songbird said:

My complete set of boxes has now arrived with me via Telegames UK. I'll be unpacking them over the weekend. 

20 hours ago, Songbird said:

This has me so curious.  I'm just in the middle of a long hectic stretch of life and haven't been able to check mine.