IGNORED

TI-99/4a Complete System, World of Wumpus Edition

Please consider placing a bid for a TI-99/4a computer system including everything you need to get started in the world of vintage TI gaming, programming and general use. It includes Peripheral Expansion Box, memory expansion, and disk. Plus TI Extended BASIC, Disk Controller 2 cartridges, joysticks, and games including everyone's favorite title: Hunt The Wumpus. It's a one of a kind custom package.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4a-Complete-System-World-Of-Wumpus-Edition-Peripheral-Expansion-Box-Incl/283492623076?hash=item42017a22e4:g:fb8AAOSwu1pc5L64

I agree, a creatively painted PEB with a Wumpus image would have been much better! Sadly, my budget doesn't allow me to hire an art director and creative staff to sell one machine. And believe me, no one wants to pay for anything I drew.

The owner that sold the system to me ten years ago had the disk drives creatively mounted, with a thick piece of cardboard crammed in the middle to keep them from moving! Perhaps I should have left it in there but it looked so hideous. I think someone could fab something with a CNC or 3D printer.

Yes, it has Hunt the Wumpus and Tunnels of Doom, that certainly does make it my custom "World of Wumpus Edition." Imagine a world in which TI produced custom consoles like Playstation and Microsoft do, this is what they would have marketed I bet!

As for the bold claim of "One of a kind", you really are not going to find a complete package very often or ever anymore that includes all of the necessary hardware and utility cartridges, as well as PEB expansion box and most importantly the PEB cards all in one auction. PEB with 32k, flex interface card and controller, and disk controller, and disk drive are a bare minimum. Even TI Extended Basic is required to run 99% of the reasonably good disk software out there. So all of it's here in this system, just add the software you want.

You'll spend a lot of time and LOT more money than what this auction is currently at to get all of that. Plus I threw in joystick and navarone cartridge expander which could easily fetch $50 or more each. Similarly for the individual cards. I could have split all of this out into separate components and gotten more money for it but I kind of hope someone ends up with it that wants a full system and appreciates what they're getting.