IGNORED

SRGE 2019: Seattle Retro Gaming Expo

This year's SRGE (Seattle Retro Gaming Expo) is being held on Sat/Sun of June 15th & 16th.

I had had concerns that this year's had been cancelled with the lack of advertising, un-updated WWW site and silent Facebook page, but buried on the Internet I found it is going on.

I am going. Anyone else?

Tickets available at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-seattle-retro-gaming-expo-srge2019-registration-47139631908

Main site is at:
http://seattleretro.org/

post-37124-0-96872200-1558631019_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I went to SRGE this year and it was... decent.

Compared to previous years:

• Harder to buy tickets before the show
  • Slightly fewer vendors
  • No public schedule of the presentations until 12noon Saturday (show had already begun 3 hours earlier)

It was still fun to go to and I plan to go next year.

Interesting about the no public schedule of presentations until after the show had started!!  Sounds like they may be having some organizational issues.  I've never been to Seattle although I've been to Portland many times.  Need to make the jaunt up to Seattle sometime, and would be nice to coincide with a show like this.

..Al

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Interesting about the no public schedule of presentations until after the show had started!!  Sounds like they may be having some organizational issues.  I've never been to Seattle although I've been to Portland many times.  Need to make the jaunt up to Seattle sometime, and would be nice to coincide with a show like this.

..Al

As an alternative, Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo is this upcoming Saturday.  There is a separate thread for the upcoming 2019 event and last year's thread has photos to give you an idea of its size.  I expect VRGE to be slightly larger than SRGE this year, but they are close in size.