IGNORED

Incredible Atari 8 Bit Library Find

rcamp48

I think the best and cheapest solution is to send the disks to someone with a kryoflux or someone with an Atari 8-bit and a sio2sd or equivalent. I have read some info about the programs you are using, and I think there are too many factors that can go wrong.

I have the utmost respect for you that you want to dump these disks, but I think someone with Atari 8-bit hardware should test first if these disks are working. As these are probably PD disks, there is a big chance that the software on these disks is already out there. So I think you should not spend any (big) money for another 5.25 drive.

Again, I have the utmost respect for you and I sincerely hope these disks will be available for the community :)

What format should I put them in ????

Russ

Hi Russ, in my case I just ran a known converter program on them of which I'm not 100% techy about...It said it was unsupported but I just tried a few options with no result, it does not mean I was doing it 100% right...You may want to contact a user on her called Farb via PM and have a wee chat with him, he and people like Fred_M are part of the Atari 8Bit preservation team who do this all day long, Fred_M does loads of cassettes but I don't think my old friend Fred has a Kyroflux drive so a quick chat with Farb may be a godsend..

Wasn't trying to confuse with my post, just stating I wasn't having any luck..

Paul..

I was using deana and that program converts the file to xfd format, which is supported by all of them emulators, I think there is something wrong with my floppy drive as I am getting errors on every disk, or the disks are too old. Anyways I am getting an 800xl and a 1050 disks drive this week so I may use it to check the disks. I also have lots of Atari ST disks so like Fred I am busy with Atari all day long as there is nothing to do in a retiement home. Russ

As said Russ, I'm not really much good at this stuff but a 2min chat with Farb may help you no end..

Best of luck there..

You must have been a very hard worker Russ, Normally the average person waits for the retirement home or such as a place to just relax but the hard workers are always looking for something to get on with..

Paul.

The Bellcom menu is fine but the Kwest has a damaged file system so the Invasion game is truncated, could be a disk that's slightly damaged,

Not checked all the files but Checkers and the Finance are OK ..

Edit: Quizzer and Reactor are also no goes, game1 seems like a snippet of random data, can't see any machine code..

Didn't try the amp file

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hey Fred: I have a version of DOS 2.5 from the PC emulator system, it has a diskfix.com program on it half of those disks that would not boot have data on them you just have to load dos 2.5 on drive 0 or 1 I think and then it loads a ram disk, this program fixes the data files as best as it can on the ATR file , then I copy the files to the ram disk , write out a new blanck ATR disk in ram, write DOS and DUP to it and then copy all of the files back to the new disk, I will have a copy of the Paper Airplane creation disk as soon as I repair it. Russ

PS: I work all day and half the night at this, don't ask me what sleep is I don't know. Russ

• Like 1

The Bellcom menu is fine but the Kwest has a damaged file system so the Invasion game is truncated, could be a disk that's slightly damaged,

Not checked all the files but Checkers and the Finance are OK ..

Edit: Quizzer and Reactor are also no goes, game1 seems like a snippet of random data, can't see any machine code..

Didn't try the amp file

I have a way of fixing the files, half of the disks don't have a Dos or Dup.sys , you need to load in DOS 2.5 before reading them, am in the process of fixing all of my read in disks with Diskfix.com an Atari program and I use a Ramdisk in Atari 800 with the DOS.2.5.xfd file from Dereks emulator setup. Talk to ya later on, I am forming an Atari Users group in my area. Let you know how it goes. Russ

• Like 1

Hi all:

I just installed Windows 2000 on my Pentium 200 and installed Omniflop but it seems to write raw img files, are these of any use to anyone , I can convert them to scp files on the other computer that won't take too long , but next week I get my 800XL and my 1050 disk drive, don't know if it has a power cable or not but I only paid $72.00 Canadian for it, the 800XL and a broken 1050 I am getting next Wednesday for a 520 ST power supply. Seems like the guy wants it bad enough and he has lots of 800XLs on hand so...... Is there a utility to make the Omniflip images readable (hahahaha little joke)....????