IGNORED

PC fans get loud with a specific game - any worries?

I know the fans will kick on when needed, but when they're chugging (seemingly) full throttle, any worries? I've had my current PC fora about 3 years, and it's always been super quiet. However, started playing Ace Combat 7, a fairly new game, and the fans all start working OT, making my PC sounds pretty much like the fighter jets on screen. When this happens, is it an indication that this game is causing it to get too hot in there and I should start monitoring temps, or nothing to worry about at all?

If you're concerned, check the temps to see what's going on. Is it all the fans, CPU fan, graphic card fan? I did a quick search and so far the only things I saw about heat was an Xbox one x error when the game crashed.

If the rig is running hot, try adjusting the settings on the game to their lowest and run the game then. If the fans are quiet, try ratcheting up the quality until the fans kick in. You cpuld also try updating drivers or check online to see if the game has issues with your video card.

Graphically intensive games will definetly make the computer hotter. Download MSI afterburner and run it while playing the game. It will show max temps for CPU and GPU. If the CPU is 80+C and the GPU 70+C then you should look at maybe blowing the computer out and maybe do a repaste.

• Like 1