IGNORED

Bound High

pacman000

• 2 weeks later...

Played it on my retropie. Amazing, even in 2D

I'm amazed this game popped up here two in the last two weeks. VB seems to get dumped on pretty hard by a lot of people who buy into the myths that were medically debunked about it. Bound High is a fantastic game and would have been the first in the generation of next titles to come for the system and I'm glad it got leaked out there, same with Faceball too. I just wish someone would do the deep with Dragon Hopper which is kind of like a Legend of Zelda style game that was supposedly finished/near finished too like those other two games. Who knows, look how long it took Sim City NES to arrive.

I've got a bootleg of BoundHigh on a modern board/chipset and it's quite amazing and while it could appear as thin, it has multiple modes which really give the game some added meat to put more distance on the clock for play time value. It does pop in and out of the screen by nature but it's not dizzying at all. Here's a good review of it if anyone wants to check: https://www.planetvb.com/modules/games/?u001g

I have to wonder if I'm like one of the few/only resident VB people here at the site. I'm down to needing just one game left for the US library, and no, it's not Jack Bros.

• Like 1

Im not a Virtual Boy fan, per say, but I do have the system, rental case, and complete 14 USA cart set. I also have 5 of the 8 Japan exclusive carts.

It was an interesting distraction for its time, and a great novelty item to have in a collection today. But I dont have any unreleased or prototype software for it.

• Like 1

I'm amazed this game popped up here two in the last two weeks. VB seems to get dumped on pretty hard by a lot of people who buy into the myths that were medically debunked about it. Bound High is a fantastic game and would have been the first in the generation of next titles to come for the system and I'm glad it got leaked out there, same with Faceball too. I just wish someone would do the deep with Dragon Hopper which is kind of like a Legend of Zelda style game that was supposedly finished/near finished too like those other two games. Who knows, look how long it took Sim City NES to arrive.

I've got a bootleg of BoundHigh on a modern board/chipset and it's quite amazing and while it could appear as thin, it has multiple modes which really give the game some added meat to put more distance on the clock for play time value. It does pop in and out of the screen by nature but it's not dizzying at all. Here's a good review of it if anyone wants to check: https://www.planetvb.com/modules/games/?u001g

I have to wonder if I'm like one of the few/only resident VB people here at the site. I'm down to needing just one game left for the US library, and no, it's not Jack Bros.

Im not a Nintendo fan at all, but I too found the Virtual boy of interest. Its quite unique. I too have a full set with the exception of one game. Unfortunately mine is Jack Bros so Ill likely never complete this set.

• Like 1

Well the last one I need is the second most stinging, Water World. Outside of that I've got V-Tetris from Japan, that's it, though I want Space Squash. After market though there is that Bound High game, but the biggest fish on the block dwarfs Jack Bros as I have an original run of Hyper Fighting which I got for an insane deal in the spring.

At this rate I'd like to get those 2 missing games, but beyond that, perhaps more paper for some of my titles as I've got 8 CIB, and Nester I have the manual alone for. Beyond that junk if I bother, maybe if I ever find a cheap retail box for the system, and when it arrives later this year mellot's flash kit which will make all those nice homebrew and protos out there now and those coming easily accessible on a memory card not having to 2MB pad stuff out and reload them slowly one at a time (I had a flashboy, sold it to someone who really really wanted it.)

• Like 1