IGNORED

What's Your Pipe Dream Games On The Jag.

Atariboy2600

Back in 2006 I had a pipe dream of seeing Half-Life on the Jag CD seeing it will have to hold many sounds and voice acting as well as space for the game size. Back then I don't know any better seeing how the Jag hardware works but I found this old mockup box art on what if they did ported it on the system and I'm wondering whats your pipe dream games on the system.

post-5587-0-30910800-1558801581_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'd like to see a polygonal racer with 20+ fps. It seems that the Jag could at least do as well as the Genesis version of Virtua Racing (I know Genesis had a special chip in the cart)?

Also, how about Virtua Fighter? Not texture-mapped, seems very possible for the Jag, considering Fight For Life.

This one is out there, but how about Duke Nukem 3D?

Edited by Warp12
  • Like 4

If you have yet to try it..play Half-Life on the Dreamcast, improved polygon count character models aside and taking into account it probably needed further optimisation, ask yourself how playable it is next to the Playstation 2 version, let alone the PC original.

Then ask yourself just how much more powerful the Dreamcast is to the Jaguar..

There are a good few titles i would of loved to appear on the Jaguar, but they are pipe dreams as coding was either abandoned early on and it's very unlikely anyone will ever finish them now or coding never actually started, only storyboards etc done.

I'd of liked to of seen AVP II and Battlewheels by Beyond.

Major Havoc by Jeff Minter..

Dactyl Joust by HVS

Mortal Kombat 3 by Probe (not a huge fan of it, bought it on Playstation at the time, but after the hype and the awful clones, Jaguar deserved something of this calibre)

Legions Of The Undead by Rebellion.

These were the games i followed during the Jaguar's commercial era and they all became pipe dreams.

• Like 3

Black Ice / White Noise seems like it would've been a fun thing to play, also would've been cool to see Witchwood get released. Overall though, since Another World is one of my favorite games and it already got a great release on Jaguar, and one of the ST games I'd wanted to see on Jaguar got ported, Stunt Car Racer, I'm already pretty stoked.

• Like 4

Avp 2, avp arcade,capcoms dungeon and dragons games, xmen vs street fighter or any CPS 2 game. Mortal Kombat trilogy, area 51, Diablo, xcom, gta 1. Any neo geo game. Most of these the jag could do.

Xcom was ported from DOS to the Amiga but ran painfully slow, i do not remember any optimisation being done for the CD32 version either, but i could well be wrong.

It became my all time favourite Playstation game, due to it's sheer amount of depth, but the standard Playstation controller interface was tedious.

A Playstation mouse was essential.

Playstation version ran faster, had improved music and i think they improved the smoke effects, but the improvements did not go much beyond that.

• Like 1

I might be over-reaching a little, but It think it would be jaw dropping to see "Primal Rage 2" on the Jaguar... I've always been a Killer Instinct fan and if PR2 can be ported to the Jaguar, that would technically prove the Jag can do KI arcade style games. Man is someone could pull off porting that game and make it a reasonable close arcade port to the Jag, that would just be awesome. If KI can be ported to the SNES and still relay a close arcade port, Primal Rage 2 would be an awesome game for the Jag, but that's just me dreaming at this point. lol

• Like 1

After buying it on the PS4, I would LOVE to see Polybius made for the Jag. With Polybius and Tempest 2000 both being made by Llamasoft, I would love to have both boxed sitting on my shelf for the Jaguar. When I purchased it for the PS4, I immediately felt this game deserved to be on the Jaguar.

• Like 1

Star Control 2

(Or Ur-Quan Masters if you prefer)

Wish I had the time and skills to port it myself.

Honestly, I would be pleased as hell with just the original Star Control game. It had the cool melee, and strategy full game. It would definitely fit on a 2mb cart since it used to come on a single 1.44mb floppy for the PC.

But I bet getting the license for that game would be tough...

• Like 1

After buying it on the PS4, I would LOVE to see Polybius made for the Jag. With Polybius and Tempest 2000 both being made by Llamasoft, I would love to have both boxed sitting on my shelf for the Jaguar. When I purchased it for the PS4, I immediately felt this game deserved to be on the Jaguar.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You own the game on the PS4, but your dream is to have it ported to the Jaguar so the box can look good on your shelf?

• Like 2