IGNORED

What's Your Pipe Dream Games On The Jag.

Atariboy2600

Thinking about this some more....the one game I would purchase, for sure?

Rocket Ranger. I loved that game on the ST. I'd like to see it with better graphics and sound...maybe graphic and sound elements from the better versions. But there aren't a ton of graphic and sound elements, compared to some games...so definitely seems very possible. And, I think we could also do away with the "code wheel". :)

• Like 1

More Shmups for sure! The Raiden port is supposed to be one of the best out there. And there were a crap-ton more shmups out there in the arcades back at that time. I'd love a combo cart with a bunch of arcade shmups on it or however many they can fit into these little Jag carts

Salamander, Life Force, R-Type, Gradius, Punisher arcade, Spy Hunter and some type of Street Fighter II or Metal Slug variant.

Not saying the Jaguar was easy to develop for but from what has already been said: less bugs, better development tools and a mountain of cash maybe could've had helped some. I'm not a programmer nor an "insider". Just an assumption.

Again. Too bad Atari couldn't have had made a better go of it.

I guess I don't get the point of wanting a port of a game that is already widely available on numerous other systems in 2019.

There is no logic to it... but I like it to. There's hundreds of games that I already have for the PC that I'd love to have on the Jaguar... like Test Drive 3, Star Control, bunch of AD&D games... I dunno. I literally have no logical reason. But it's the same for Another World. I already have that game for the PC... from back in the day. But it's awesome on the Jaguar.

• Like 1

There is no logic to it... but I like it to. There's hundreds of games that I already have for the PC that I'd love to have on the Jaguar... like Test Drive 3, Star Control, bunch of AD&D games... I dunno. I literally have no logical reason. But it's the same for Another World. I already have that game for the PC... from back in the day. But it's awesome on the Jaguar.

I'll second the Test Drive comment. #4 was my all time favorite. When I bought the game for my parents PC I was so excited it had a 300ZX in it since that was my car at the time.

The Jaguar at it's best is when it's playing games like T2K and Rebooteroids, 'modern' re-imaginings of classic arcade games. I'd personally like to see this continue along with old-school style, Jaguar flavoured games like that Thrusty thing Cyrano is dabbling with at the moment. They're the things that appeal to me on the 2600 and 7800 also, and what I think is what Atari consoles should be about.

EDIT: ...and ST Super Sprint with spinner support... Just because I bloody love that game.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 2

The Jaguar at it's best is when it's playing games like T2K and Rebooteroids, 'modern' re-imaginings of classic arcade games. I'd personally like to see this continue along with old-school style, Jaguar flavoured games like that Thrusty thing Cyrano is dabbling with at the moment. They're the things that appeal to me on the 2600 and 7800 also, and what I think is what Atari consoles should be about.

EDIT: ...and ST Super Sprint with spinner support... Just because I bloody love that game.

The re-imaginings or "2000" versions of the classics are cools, yeah, a Jaguar reimagining of Berzerk sounds like it'd be freakin' sweet. Slightly off-topic, but did anyone play that remake of Yar's Revenge that hit XBLA and Steam? I liked that one too.

• Like 1

The re-imaginings or "2000" versions of the classics are cools, yeah, a Jaguar reimagining of Berzerk sounds like it'd be freakin' sweet. Slightly off-topic, but did anyone play that remake of Yar's Revenge that hit XBLA and Steam? I liked that one too.

I just bought it this week because of this topic. I was thinking that I would have loved to see Atari make a Yar's Revenge game that was like Space Harrier for the Jaguar, only to learn one had been created for the 360/PC.
  • Like 2

1. Doom II - all weapons, all enemies, would be great.

2. Magic Carpet

3. Fifa Soccer

4.Duke Nukem - the coolest hero would be a real treat for jaggers too...

5.any RPG "Better than Towers" Ok, the Jag actually has an RPG - but its hardly compelling. Too bad that "Legions of the Undead" never was finished. A Zelda type game would have been sweet too...

6.Virtua Fighter - because Fight for Lífe sucks!!!!

7.Virtua Racing

8.AvPII - no comment

9.Quake!

10. Any new Jeff Minter game

Edited by JagChris

My dream would be another Atari arcade game redone by Jeff Minter like Battlezone, Centipede, Gauntlet, Major Havoc or whatever. Also on the same note I would also like some of the late 80's 3D arcade games, like S.T.U.N. Runner and Hard Drivin', on the system.

Well he wanted to do Sinistar and Llamatron (Robotron), was at 1 point down to do Major Havoc as were Beyond Games. .

Opinion still seems split regarding Battlezone 2000..either it morphed into Hoverstrike or Hand Made Software were doing a seperate title, based around the earlier Lynx title.

Even the supposed experts outside of A.A cannot seem to agree on this one.

• Like 1

Opinion still seems split regarding Battlezone 2000..either it morphed into Hoverstrike or Hand Made Software were doing a seperate title, based around the earlier Lynx title.

Even the supposed experts outside of A.A cannot seem to agree on this one.

Could be both.

I'd like something like 3D Construction Kit, perhaps with added lighting & texturing FX. And an optional 3rd person camera.

• Like 1

Could be both.

I'd like something like 3D Construction Kit, perhaps with added lighting & texturing FX. And an optional 3rd person camera.

I've been told Leonard Tramiel thinks that Hoverstrike and Battlezone 2000 were 2 totally seperate games, different development teams etc...

I've seen Battlezone 2000 listed online as being done by HMS on Jaguar, but Jim Gregory boss of HMS did not mention it as 1 of the titles they were working on when they went under.

Emailed Rob Nicholson but it might be an old email, it does not bounce, but never had a reply back from him.

It would be nice to get some clarity from HMS but then again, Rob Nicholson made clear they were never doing Jaguar Akira, yet that still gets listed by people.

• Like 2