IGNORED

What's Your Pipe Dream Games On The Jag.

Atariboy2600

6 minutes ago, philipj said:

It still would be a great show piece for the Jaguar even if some of the animation could be scaled down... Think "Killer Instinct" on the SNES only with better animation. Something like that is possible for the Jag. As far as the human character is concerned, I think they were aiming for the "Bloody Roar" audience that was popular at the time this game was made. That's the only logic I can think of for them doing it in that way.

It actually predates that. 

55 minutes ago, Kalani said:

It actually predates that. 

You're talking about KI for the SNES...? Yes it predates Primal Rage 2, however the graphics and animation can be downsized to something manageable for the Jaguar like the way KI's was downsized for the SNES only the Jag can handle animation much better than the SNES if "Primal Rage 2" graphics as well as the animation if done in similar manner (KI SNES) only with the same level of animation as the arcade version instead of the frame-drop version like the SNES.

It's like I'd mention in a previous post a few month back, the Jaguar isn't as good as the PlayStation 1, but it's better than an SNES or Sega Genesis and is possible to hit some sweet-spots that's not quite as good as a Sega Saturn, but much better than an SNES where arcade ports of some games are much more tangible on the Jag than what credit was given to the Jaguar in it's heyday. Or even an independent game with great graphics like "Native" for example and with the Skunkboard and the highly anticipated "SD Cartridge" still in the making, cartridge space shouldn't be a problem anymore. Although the SNES version of KI was limited to smaller sprites and the "Mode 7" effect, the Jag is much more capable than the SNES and can handle SNES style graphics with more animation and some 3D if you're lucky enough to make it all fit in and work smoothly.

Edited by philipj

5 hours ago, philipj said:

You're talking about KI for the SNES...? Yes it predates Primal Rage 2, however the graphics and animation can be downsized to something manageable for the Jaguar like the way KI's was downsized for the SNES only the Jag can handle animation much better than the SNES if "Primal Rage 2" graphics as well as the animation if done in similar manner (KI SNES) only with the same level of animation as the arcade version instead of the frame-drop version like the SNES.

It's like I'd mention in a previous post a few month back, the Jaguar isn't as good as the PlayStation 1, but it's better than an SNES or Sega Genesis and is possible to hit some sweet-spots that's not quite as good as a Sega Saturn, but much better than an SNES where arcade ports of some games are much more tangible on the Jag than what credit was given to the Jaguar in it's heyday. Or even an independent game with great graphics like "Native" for example and with the Skunkboard and the highly anticipated "SD Cartridge" still in the making, cartridge space shouldn't be a problem anymore. Although the SNES version of KI was limited to smaller sprites and the "Mode 7" effect, the Jag is much more capable than the SNES and can handle SNES style graphics with more animation and some 3D if you're lucky enough to make it all fit in and work smoothly.

Bloody roar was after primal rage two began development. 

• Like 1

Sadly getting the full run down on Battlezone 2000 is turning into a pipe dream.

I've established contact with Rob Nicholson of Hand Made Software and asked if there is any truth to claims they were even planning to upgrade the Lynx version for the Jaguar,  no response has yet come back and i'm not optimistic it ever will.

I tried reaching Leviathan Media West people, after the documentation Scott Stilphen passed on showed them approaching Atari to see what the status of the Battlezone license was, as they were very keen to do an upgraded version for the Jaguar CD (this back in October 1995) , but no joy and no further documentation to show if Atari even replied to them at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2019 at 8:02 AM, Lost Dragon said:

Sadly getting the full run down on Battlezone 2000 is turning into a pipe dream.

I've established contact with Rob Nicholson of Hand Made Software and asked if there is any truth to claims they were even planning to upgrade the Lynx version for the Jaguar,  no response has yet come back and i'm not optimistic it ever will.

I tried reaching Leviathan Media West people, after the documentation Scott Stilphen passed on showed them approaching Atari to see what the status of the Battlezone license was, as they were very keen to do an upgraded version for the Jaguar CD (this back in October 1995) , but no joy and no further documentation to show if Atari even replied to them at all.

Shame.  BZ2000 was my fave Lynx game.  It really shines with the new LCD screen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd be happy to see Soul Star eventually completed and released on the system. I have it for Sega CD and its a beautiful game,the Jag version from what I saw on youtube is abit different in that a few things in it are changed around? Looked that way anyways. I hope someone can get the game on cart though,dont feel like selling blood just to play it someday along with BattleMorph on the cd system??

31 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Inferior ports have always existed. Compare Doom on the Snes and Doom on the Jag, and it's obvious the Jag version of DN3D would've been better than the MD version. 

I beg to differm because one exists. Or, maybe after watching it, the non-existant one is better. Either way, if a pro makes the MD version and a total tool makes the Jaguar edition, the the MD would be better. Your logic is not only wrong, but crazy ;)