IGNORED

Selling some stuff

Opry99er

It's that time again-- time to clean out the hoard. I have a metric sh** ton of software and hardware that needs to find a new home, as I am reorganizing and streamlining my setup. The stuff I'll be getting rid of will be duplicate software, sealed software, duplicate hardware, and hardware I'll never use.

I'll get some pix together soon. In the meantime, here is a short highlight list of some of the stuff I'll be moving.

***If it's sold, it's crossed out***

-MG GRAM Kracker (80k)
-Complete sealed set of TI Artist Companion (1-13 I believe)
-Complete boxed Henhouse (by Funware)
-Complete boxed (near mint) Parallax Axiom interface
-Large TI book collection (including some uncommons)
-Box of 99er and Enthusiast 99 magazines
-Several mint boxed TI games and utilities
-Computer War (with instruction)
-Speed Reading A (Navarrone with gold label)
-Control Data Plato Interpreter cartridge
-Complete Cosmi Spider Invasion software package
-Navarrone cartridge expander
-4 broken consoles (black screamers)
-Several 5.25" floppy drives
-Complete Panasonic KX-P1124 printer with manual
-4 pack of brand new ribbons for the printer

-32k SuperCart
-5.25" floppy disk head cleaner kit
-TI RS232 card

-Black TI 32k card

There will be more. I'm not getting out of the TI, but the weight of my collection is starting to have a negative impact on my life, and by streamlining and getting rid of duplicates, I am hoping to organize my area and get inspired again. Stay tuned for pictures, etc.

Thanks!

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 3

I'm not getting out of the TI,

That's good to hear!

...but the weight of my collection is starting to have a negative impact on my life, and by streamlining and getting rid of duplicates, I am hoping to organize my area and get inspired again.

Perfectly understandable! I feel the same way, but at this point I can't bear to do the same, but out of necessity I know that sad day is getting closer.

Which cartridge case variant is that Speed Reading A cartridge in? I am still looking for one of those in a Personal Peripherals cartridge case. These are easily identified by the fact that the space for the label actually continues on to the underside of the case. There are other differences as well, which become obvious when sitting next to a TI-type case, but the label (and the really squared off corners at the front/flat top) is one of the easiest to recognize.

Certainly be interested in the mint boxed ti games, depending on titles :)

Also possible for boxed Henhouse please.

If you skip on Hen House I will definitely throw in for it. I thought I had the boxed already, but I have Hen Pecked on my shelf.

• Like 1

Okay folks-- All my broken consoles are sold. Still taking offers for the rest. I'll get some pictures up ASAP. Shoot me a message with an offer on some of this stuff.

Boxed Henhouse I paid $50 for, so I can't let it go for less than that.

The GRAM Kracker I'll take offers on. I refuse to put it on eBay... It needs to go to a member of our group, even if I get less out of it.

Sorry for the delays--been a busy weekend.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make a mint here, just want to get some stuff in the hands of other folks who will use it, and give myself some resources for some recording equipment I need.

Thanks so much for your interest.

• Like 2

I would not mind having a few more 5.25" drives on-hand. What models? Also interested in Spider Invasion.

I'll get you some info on the drives. Spider Invasion is pending, but if it doesn't sell to the guy who has expressed interest, you're next on the list, buddy.

It's that time again-- time to clean out the hoard. I have a metric sh** ton of software and hardware that needs to find a new home, as I am reorganizing and streamlining my setup.

There will be more. I'm not getting out of the TI, but the weight of my collection is starting to have a negative impact on my life, and by streamlining and getting rid of duplicates, I am hoping to organize my area and get inspired again.

A good choice. It's a course of action that is almost guaranteed to re-ignite even the smallest latent passion for the hobby. Not unlike stoking a fire and removing the ashen buildup on top to reveal fresh fuel underneath.

I continually find that focusing on what I had and wanted as a kid is a great starting point. For example, while I have a number of Apple II consoles. I think I can get by with my original II+ and //e models. No need for a //c because my nostalgia stems from looking at catalog pics. I never had a //c as a kid nor was I particularly hard up to get one. So..

Perfectly understandable! I feel the same way, but at this point I can't bear to do the same, but out of necessity I know that sad day is getting closer.

The selloff of a collection or part of a collection is never EVER a sad day. It's a refocusing and reaffirmation of your interest in the hobby. A coming of age. A desire to actually use what you have and enjoy it. A desire for clarity of thought. All of a sudden you're at the top! Burn away the junk till you're left with a lean setup that captures the essence of vintage gaming and computing.

It's much better to have 1 or 2 classic machines up and running, tenable, usable, as opposed to a room full of shit piled meters-high.

If the need to collect things is still present, redefine even that. Chase after small spare parts and hardware pieces and manuals. Manuals are a sleeper way of enhancing any collection, and you might even learn something from them. And spare parts are always useful, never know when you'll need a replacement 74LS04 or a certain sized screw.

On Atarisoft games, I've only got one boxed game available, and that's Donkey Kong.

I do have a few spares lying around, so I'll take a look at what I've got.

By the way, I'll be keeping the top post updated with current inventory.