IGNORED

Selling some stuff

Opry99er

The selloff of a collection or part of a collection is never EVER a sad day. It's a refocusing and reaffirmation of your interest in the hobby. A coming of age. A desire to actually use what you have and enjoy it. A desire for clarity of thought. All of a sudden you're at the top! Burn away the junk till you're left with a lean setup that captures the essence of vintage gaming and computing.

I'm thinking insurance...as soon as I get rid of something, my main system will break. It's like my original TIPI pictured below, I *NEVER* use it anymore now that I have the P-Box version, so it just sits on a shelf looking pretty. Kinda sad.

post-35324-0-28442100-1559088191_thumb.png

I always have spare parts, enough to make many kinds of repairs. All the logic chips, spare power supply, wires, cables, motor, stepper motor, head, and screws and fitting and key switches and more. I currently run at about 30%. That me and my spare parts box is about 30% the size of my main collection.

When I'm done paring done my Apple II stuff, I will simply keep a spare machine and whatever parts I can store inside it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, Vorticon said:

The Panasonic KSP-1124 is one of the best dot matrix printers ever made. I own its junior variant, the 1123, and it's been going strong for 2 decades now with regular use (bought new).

If someone is looking for a DMP, this is the one.

oooh..i was wondering if the 1123 or 4 would work..i know that printer and have an opp to get one! i dont know what id have to do to make it work though..like wiring info..are you selling an 1123?

Edited by GDMike

On 7/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, GDMike said:

oooh..i was wondering if the 1123 or 4 would work..i know that printer and have an opp to get one! i dont know what id have to do to make it work though..like wiring info..are you selling an 1123?

Unfortunately no. What are you planning to connect the printer to? For the TI, it does not need any set up. Just the printer cable. I do have the original manual if you have any specific questions.

• Thanks 1