IGNORED

Trade your Another World Jaguar cart for my rare sound cards (GUS, Roland)

Greetings... I'm testing the waters to see if this kind of trade might work out.

I've been trying to think of what I have that's htf and valuable. I'm after Another World for Jag, and I know that's both.

Luckly I realized I've been saving PC sound cards that are becoming impossible to find now, and have prices on eBay (when they show up) that are in the neighborhood of what Another World would fetch.

If you are looking for rare PC sound cards (building or upgrading a vintage DOS rig) and willing to trade your Another World cart, let's talk. We could probably make a deal.

• Like 1

Why not sell sound card on eBay and use proceeds to buy another world?

Of course that's a logical question, and a helpful one in case I hadn't thought of that. However I did, and so I'll explain my reasoning, just let me preamble it real quick.
A wise person once told me there are always two valid reasons why anyone does anything. First is the reason they plan on telling other people (A), and then there's the real reason (B).
A) I like trading. It's fun and great for building relationships here.
B) If I could sell one of my mysterious electronic items for $900, it would be difficult to explain to my wife why we aren't mining the garage for several weekend vacations.
  • Like 6

B) If I could sell one of my mysterious electronic items for $900, it would be difficult to explain to my wife why we aren't mining the garage for several weekend vacations.

Too true lol, I sold a couple spare keyboards for $200 and mine was like hey you have a whole pile of those! :/ unfortunately I really want to keep the rest :P

• Like 2

Ok, let's spice things up...

Gravis Ultrasound Max 2.1

Gravis Ultrasound PnP + mem expansion

Sound Blaster AWE32 PnP ct3670

Gravis Ultrasound ACE

Diamond Monstersound PCI +daughter board

3Dfx Voodoo 5500

Sound Blaster AWE32 ct3990

3Dfx Black Magic Voodoo2 PCI

Sound Blaster SB16 SCSI ct1770

3Dfx Diamond Monster 3d II PCI 12mb

Sound Blaster Gold AWE64 ct4540

Gravis Ultrasound rev 2.2

Roland RAP-10

Roland SCC-1

Mediavision ProAudio Spectrum 16

Diamond Monster 3d PCI 4mb (aka Voodoo 1)

Sound Blaster ct1320 (aka sb1) CIB perfect condition w/ 5.25 disks and all OG package material

Roland SPC-55 PCMCIA sound canvas w/ box and breakout cables

Roland MPU-IPC interface with original MPU-401 DKD 676 breakout box and cable.

Diamond Trackstar apple IIe card w/ floppy cable

Ok now. Maybe this will show up in a search engine.

Some of these have boxes, manuals, install disks, etc. In other words, there's more details. And yes, some of these are video cards (maybe the Another World trader is a Voodoo fan).

So, my standing offer is (to that person)... From the above, Pick 2.

I don't blame you. I feel like I'm at the high stakes table in vegas, but really I think both parties are going to be very happy here.

I wouldn't have believed I'd ever make this trade 15 or so years ago. At that time I was madly rounding up sound cards, which were mostly inexpensive at the time, but still hard to find.

The same could be said for Jaguar material. I won two Jaguars in a "mixed lot of video game items" for $40. I gave one to a co-worker just because he expressed interest. My JagCD unit I got on a trade from a dumpster diver for modding his Xbox.

Sound cards were fun tho and I've always known there was inherent value in the good ones. They never cease to impress. My first experience with one was a Roland SCC-1 lying around for days (given for free from a friend who said "it's not worth the price of shipping on ebay"), and finally got curious one day and hooked it up and booted Doom. ... Was. Blown. Away.

Anyhow, the sound cards are FUN, if you spend the time and energy to get them juiced. Rare as hens teeth now.

Another World is literally on a dozen platforms, most cheap or free, and very accessable. Therefore my decision is questionable. Still this is the _Jaguar_ version. I've got the chronic irrational Jaguar bug as bad as the worst (best?) of us here. I'm also running the risk it will get re-released maybe even right here on AtariAge. And then it won't command nearly the wow-factor (hey there pro-controller). Still, since I'm a Jaguar fan I'm obviously predisposed to making irrational decisions.

Anyways there's a storied deal pending as I write this. Looking forward to completing it. No regrets. I'll be able to see the awesome cyclotron lightning scene with only the red Jaguar power LED illuminated in the corner... And see you later GUS... Thanks for the awesome memories of Blackthorne and Cubic.

Wow, well this is fantastic. We did synchronized shipping (to coin a phrase) and my package arrived today. Game looks fantastic -in the box anyway. I won't be able to test it until Monday. However, it looks like the game I've been literally dreaming about is mine at last.

Now as long as USPS doesn't break our hearts in delivery for the other half of the trading party, this is looking very much like a genuine win-win. We'll likely find out tomorrow.

• Like 2